Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impossible cut or not - try it out?

Post deleted.
    Last edited by jigsaw333; 23 February 2015, 04:05 AM. Reason: It irritates Pottr

Dont seem possible

Comment

is that the one you have to play to 'miss' the black, a smidge of side so in effect youre clipping it off the cushion?

edit: this one? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0ZJRtAeL1M
      #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

Originally Posted by bolton-cueman View Post
        is that the one you have to play to 'miss' the black, a smidge of side so in effect youre clipping it off the cushion?
        Yes. I've played that shot. I've only managed it three or four times but you can do impossible cuts that way.

Comment

Who are ya, who are ya ........

Comment

Never knew there was a video.... Yep that's it.

Comment

You see shots like that getting played in pool quite a bit. It's impressive as they to do it first time.

Comment

Originally Posted by Rifle View Post
                Nice skill. Does TD do this with aplomb?
                Nope. I have tried cutting the black off its spot from yellow and green and I have tried (and made) balls on the top cushion from up in baulk. Usually done by clipping them off the cushion but I don't practice this as it's a shot you would never use in a tournament.

For cueing accuracy cutting the black off its spot from yellow or green spots is a good test.
                Terry Davidson
                IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by jigsaw333 View Post
                  You can make it slightly easier by placing the cue ball on the brown spot...
                  Make it easier by placing it on the brown spot?? More difficult, surely? In fact, it must surely be impossible off the brown spot??

My mistake, it wasn't until I watched the clip I realised I hadn't read the post properly.

I saw it, but I still don't believe it
                  Last edited by Billy; 21 February 2015, 06:37 PM.
                  "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                    Make it easier by placing it on the brown spot?? More difficult, surely?
                    How can that be more difficult ??? it's less of a cut so easier

Comment

You must have read my post before I edited it.
                      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Posted just for fun.

One of many variations on snooker we used to play was during a normal game was, that you MUST play the nearest colour to the cue ball after potting a red.
                        Forces you to play close position. Break building around the black can be tricky as it's quite easy to end up nearer to the pink (Lets say it's on its spot on top of the triangle) and often you're snookered by the reds. BUT you still have to go for the nearest colour. We used to play for a £1.00 per foul. Makes a normal game entertaining.

Comment

You must have read my post before I edited it.
                          Yep, too quick off the mark ehh

...I saw it, but I still don't believe it
                          I don't believe it either

Comment

I can guarantee you this is possible. I have done it, only once, had 100's of tries over the years.
                            Didn't know there was a video - but that's REAL.

What do you think... there is someone under the table with some fishing line attached ..,?

If you know how it's done, try it out for yourself.

But as Terry says - don't try this in a match.

Comment

I can see that it happened but cannot believe it is possible lol

Comment

Working...
                              X