X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nideKer
    replied
    As I`m promised I have uploaded a pdf with templates.

pdf - http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...7&d=1282735166

dwg - http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...9&d=1267456358

Regards. :snooker:

Leave a comment:

• nideKer
    replied
    Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    Please can you send these as scaled drawings but as PDF please, the DWG veiwers I have will not open the file and I cannot install NanoCAD.
    Many thanks
    DeanH
    Tomorrow I`ll attach a pdf.
    My friend and I have a public web-site
    http://sites.google.com/site/poolbuilding/snuker_ip
    We are post there all information which could find in internet. You always can use this information! (You can use on-line translater for reading description)

(But, I didn`t change the template drawing there yet...)

Regards! :snooker:

Leave a comment:

• jorock63
    replied
    Well I live in New York,,but on vacation in Malaysia ( im a Malaysian )..thanks for the info

Leave a comment:

• noel
    replied
    Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
    Because the WPBSA didn't want anyone finding out their templates are easier than the official amateur ones of course.Terry
    Thanks Terry.
    Silly me... I would have thought that
    A LEVEL PLAYING TABLE
    would be in everyone's best interest!

=o(

Noel

Leave a comment:

• Terry Davidson
    replied
    Because the WPBSA didn't want anyone finding out their templates are easier than the official amateur ones of course. The drop of the slate comes out into the table another 1/4" or so and their corner pocket openings are about 1/8" larger but the really big difference is in the middle pockets, which are quite a bit easier than the IBSF amateur templates (which to my mind are way too tight).

I wonder how many century breaks from the pros have been helped by those easier middle bags since almost every century I've ever seen includes quite a few pot to the middle bags.

However, I have noticed these new Star tables look to be a bit tighter than the old BCE/Riley tables they used to use.

It also helps them as they use the #10 cloth and it's always new, so the balls will slide in easier than on your normal amateur table.

Terry

Leave a comment:

• noel
    replied
    What don't I understand about this?

Oh ya... why on earth are pocket templates TOP SECRET?!?!?

=o\

Noel

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    Template Files

Originally Posted by nideKer View Post
    I`ve attach a *.DWG file. (You can edit & print with nanocad 2.0 - it`s a freeware)

By red lines I`ve show template by Moglet`s drawings. by white lines I`ve show a template sketched from the table from my local club.
    Please can you send these as scaled drawings but as PDF please, the DWG veiwers I have will not open the file and I cannot install NanoCAD.
    Many thanks
    DeanH

Leave a comment:

• Terry Davidson
    replied
    You cannot purchase the WPBSA templates as they don't sell them and only their table fitters get a set.

You can purchase the IBSF templates for about (I think) $400US and they do come from Wiraka but you must order via the IBSF. I have a set here as I'm a referee and sometimes have to check a table's pockets.

For my own table I used Moglet's drawings of the WPBSA templates which he got about 5 years ago I think and they are slightly larger than the IBSF ones.

There are many ways to make a pocket take a ball easier other than just the pocket opening. It also depends how far the fall of the slate comes out into the table and if the flat of the cushion has been rounded off at the pocket opening or even cut away on the bottom as a lot of tables had been done in Canada in the old days.

See if you can get a DVD of a pro snooker match and then stop it when they have a good view of the pockets and take a good look. That along with the drawings supplied here should give you a good idea of what to look for.

If you live near the border with Ontario you could always come to my facility and have a look at my templates and the pockets on my table to get a good idea.

Terry

Leave a comment:

• tcollick
    replied
    Wikaka sell them but they are expensive.
    I recommend getting the designs from here (Many poster like Moglet, ninekder and Terry are friendly and helpful) then cutting out the curve you want for the pocket (upto where the curve is parallel to the cushion) from cardboard or thick paper. You only need to do two. One for the corners and one for the middles. You can flip them over for the opposing cushion. I did this and my pockets are spot on. Any decent fitter should be able to replicate your cardboard templates to the cushions. Its a bit Blue Peter but it works!

Leave a comment:

• bongo
    replied
    Originally Posted by jorock63 View Post
    can we buy the templates anywhere???
    I think they are very difficult to find.

Leave a comment:

• jorock63
    replied
    can we buy the templates anywhere???

Leave a comment:

• Redshift
    replied
    Thank you very much. I am talking to a table builder now and will pass this on to them.

Leave a comment:

• nideKer
    replied
    I`ve attach a *.DWG file. (You can edit & print with nanocad 2.0 - it`s a freeware)

By red lines I`ve show template by Moglet`s drawings. by white lines I`ve show a template sketched from the table from my local club.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by nideKer; 25 August 2010, 11:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Redshift
    replied
    That would be very helpful. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• nideKer
    replied
    If it needed, I can attach a drawings of the templates (for printing in scale).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X