• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nideKer
    replied
    moglet Thx for the link!

it good information for me!

If to you it is not complex please post Your photos of steel block construction! I need it for undersending of the construction of rail\cushions.

And I have another one question. With a pocket templates I have understood, but with undercutting of rails ... If rubber must be undercutted (in pocket jaws) - then must be a template for undercutting the rail !? Or how can be a projected this knot ( pocket undercat, contiguity of the rails, etc)??!!

I Hope my question is understandable!

Leave a comment:

• moglet
    replied
    nideKer,

This link to Peradon and Fletcher gives you some idea of the rail without cloth:

http://www.peradon.co.uk/pages/equipment/cushions.html

I have some photos of steel block construction, but theses won't be much help if yours are wood block.

Leave a comment:

• nideKer
    replied
    ooops Sorry!
    It picture from - moglet!

Then all questions above - spesial for moglet!

Leave a comment:

• The Statman
    replied
    Originally Posted by nideKer View Post
    Thanks Statman!And a stupid question - if not secret - Where you have taken this picture?
    The picture that you quoted was not mine!

Leave a comment:

• nideKer
    replied
    Thanks Statman!And a stupid question - if not secret - Where you have taken this picture?

Leave a comment:

• The Statman
    replied
    Originally Posted by nideKer View Post
    Hello All!
    Statman thx for the valuable information.

I have a two questions:

1. You post a template - like this:
    edges on that template referable to a end of the rubber or wood-rail (on which get sticky rubber)?
    As far as I know, the template is applied to the table AFTER the cloth and cushions have been fitted.

The template has to fit into the pocket opening, once the table has been fully assembled, snugly and without any wobble or incinsistent gaps between the edge of the cushion and the edge of the template.

By the way, please do not assume that I am an expert table fitter. I am most definitely not!

Leave a comment:

• nideKer
    replied
    Hello All!
    Statman thx for the valuable information.

I have a two questions:

1. You post a template - like this:

edges on that template referable to a end of the rubber or wood-rail (on which get sticky rubber)?

And second question:
    If somebody would post a few photo of rail\cushions near corner pocket without a cloth - for better understanding a construction of the rail.

It would be amazing for me!

Previously thx a lot!!! :snooker:
    Last edited by nideKer; 8 April 2009, 07:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bongo
    replied
    I am going to come back to this topic, and just say my thoughts on it.

Surely, the cushion would affect the 'tightness' of the pocket, if the cushion was a steel block cushion, then when the ball goes in the pocket, there would be more of a wobble effect in the jaws as the ball has a lot of speed due to the lively cushion. Also, the pocket leather, which in most clubs is old and hard, would affect the pocket as a ball may come out of the back of the pocket becuase it hit the hard leather.

Leave a comment:

• senga147
    replied
    You did. Sorry I missed it.

Leave a comment:

• The Statman
    replied
    I did actually mention that in the second post of the thread. But it is very important and certainly worth repeating. Far more than the bare measurements affects the behaviour of the pocket.

Leave a comment:

• senga147
    replied
    Nobody has mentioned, (at least I don`t think they have) the role that the cut of the slate plays in the size of the pocket. Club tables have the edge more `rounded` over whereas tournament tables have a vertical fall with very little round. The result of this is that the ball has to travel further into the pocket opening before it will fall. The cut of the rubbers on club tables is undercut which `opens` the pocket. I have a set of the new IBSF templates.

Leave a comment:

• The Statman
    replied
    Originally Posted by bongo View Post
    Hi, I've read your information, very good and interesting, but again, something very small, isn't a ball 2 1/16 inches?!
    Yes of course; but what's an eighth of an inch between friends? As you say, very small!

Leave a comment:

• bongo
    replied
    Originally Posted by The Statman View Post
    Compared with a ball with of 23/16
    Hi, I've read your information, very good and interesting, but again, something very small, isn't a ball 2 1/16 inches?!

Leave a comment:

• buduk
    replied
    i havent a clue about the cushions etc i bought the table from a club that has had it for as long as the members can remember ,i rang someone who used to mentain it in the past and said the cushions or something had been replaced so it wouldn't be a big job but not sure what they had replaced
    all they told me was it cost 1200 quid to do ?

Leave a comment:

• moglet
    replied
    Do you know the history of your table?

The slate drop seems to be the same as a match pocket, is the edge of the fall fairly sharp? Steel block cushions?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X