Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TSB - Ronnie withdraws from International Championships just months after sabbatical

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odrl
    replied
    Originally Posted by arbitrage View Post
    I have already provided the link "Ranking Events" in the World Snooker website. Show me where under "Ranking Events" it lists PTCs.
    Well, I'm certainly not going to defend a position I don't actually support. I've already stated my opinion that the PTCs are listed correctly on the World Snooker website. I also don't see any need to repeat my opinion on whether PTCs are ranking events, because I don't really think that's in dispute here.

The issue was whether it was correct to refer to them as "non-ranking", and despite referencing the World Snooker website on several occasions, you could not find an example of where it does so. :wink:

Leave a comment:

• arbitrage
    replied
    Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
    Yes, what's your point? As I said earlier, the term "ranking event" in snooker has become established for the type of event that has had ranking status over the years, mainly best-of-9 events, along with the UK and the World Championship. So when talking about how many ranking events Judd Trump has won, that's the type of event we mean. It never used to be the problem in the past, because no other type of event carried any ranking points. :wink:

What I asked you was where the PTCs were specifically listed as "non-ranking" on the website, and I assume you couldn't find any examples, since you posted that random profile of Trump. :wink:

Nope, I haven't seen any mistakes of this kind from them recently. :wink:

LOL, this is the first time in five years anyone has complained about the type of smileys I use in my posts. I never thought they did wind anyone up, and I've certainly never used them with that in mind, but I guess they must really bother you if you had to bring them up. :wink:
    I have already provided the link "Ranking Events" in the World Snooker website. Show me where under "Ranking Events" it lists PTCs.

Just change your name to the Grand Troll of Snooker - and as with LittleAlexa - no need to reply - you are far too intelligent for me to converse with you.

Leave a comment:

• Odrl
    replied
    http://www.worldsnooker.com/page/Pla...234591,00.html

oh yeah? under judd trump, it says 2 ranking titles

"Ranking titles: Two - Bank of Beijing China Open 2011, williamhill.com UK Championship 2011"
    any mention of ptcs there (and i believe he has won 3 or more before)
    Yes, what's your point? As I said earlier, the term "ranking event" in snooker has become established for the type of event that has had ranking status over the years, mainly best-of-9 events, along with the UK and the World Championship. So when talking about how many ranking events Judd Trump has won, that's the type of event we mean. It never used to be the problem in the past, because no other type of event carried any ranking points. :wink:

What I asked you was where the PTCs were specifically listed as "non-ranking" on the website, and I assume you couldn't find any examples, since you posted that random profile of Trump. :wink:

no. so, world snooker the official snooker authority has made a mistake too?
    Nope, I haven't seen any mistakes of this kind from them recently. :wink:

and unless you have concrete evidence to the contrary, don't bother with your wink smileys and snark replies (they aren't very good at winding people up either fyi)
    LOL, this is the first time in five years anyone has complained about the type of smileys I use in my posts. I never thought they did wind anyone up, and I've certainly never used them with that in mind, but I guess they must really bother you if you had to bring them up. :wink:

Leave a comment:

• LittleMissAlexa
    replied
    im going to have a think on it and decide whether im going to delete my acoount in a few hours im clearly too special needsy for this site

Leave a comment:

• Looki
    replied

"Ranking titles: Two - Bank of Beijing China Open 2011, williamhill.com UK Championship 2011"

give me a break and go consume some fish oil - it might help with cognitive deficiencies

and unless you have concrete evidence to the contrary, don't bother with your wink smileys and snark replies (they aren't very good at winding people up either fyi)
    Hi, bud.

http://www.worldsnooker.com/page/Pla...234518,00.html

Best Ranking Performance Quarter-finals - UK Championship 1999, LG Cup 2003, Grand Prix 2005, Welsh Open 2006. Winner of EPTC6 in 2010 and PTC10 in 2011

Must be a mistake from a world snooker official I'll check it from the BBC.

Leave a comment:

• arbitrage
    replied
    Originally Posted by LittleMissAlexa View Post
    Non ranking by definition means "has nothing to do with the ranking list" minor ranking and full ranking events score you ranking points how stupid do you have to be not to understand the difference
    you can have a separate set of events which carry ranking points but do not have ranking event status. both world snooker and bbc say this (which is just all too evident if you read all the worldsnooker and bbc links i've pasted) - how intelligent are you NOT to be able to comprehend this simple fact after reading it from the official world snooker website and the premier official media outlet for world snooker.

and no, your very intelligent idea about a democratic vote won't change the official world snooker definition - the only thing it would prove is that there are others out there who think like you - and that's probably not a great thing.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/...muslim/254380/

finally, because firstly you are rude and secondly because you are too intelligent for me - i'm just going to mute you - so don't bother coming back with any nonsense.
    Last edited by arbitrage; 30 October 2012, 05:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• LittleMissAlexa
    replied
    lets put a stop to it and vote on it http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...Cs-Non-Ranking

Leave a comment:

• LittleMissAlexa
    replied
    Non ranking by definition means "has nothing to do with the ranking list" minor ranking and full ranking events score you ranking points how stupid do you have to be not to understand the difference

Leave a comment:

• arbitrage
    replied
    Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
    Come on, don't be silly. Where on the World Snooker website are PTCs listed as non-ranking? They have their own section under "tournaments" which is exactly how it should be. :wink:

As for the person who wrote the article on the BBC website, yes, his classification is wrong. :wink:

give me a break and go consume some fish oil - it might help with cognitive deficiencies

Last edited by arbitrage; 30 October 2012, 04:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Odrl
    replied
    you obviously have a friend who is into historical revisionism and challenges both official worldsnooker and bbc terminology and classifications about ranking events. good - that puts into perspective how much his opinion is worth. don't worry my friend - just pretend the official classifications don't exist, make up your own and claim that they are right - just like your intelligent friend.
    Come on, don't be silly. Where on the World Snooker website are PTCs listed as non-ranking? They have their own section under "tournaments" which is exactly how it should be. :wink:

As for the person who wrote the article on the BBC website, yes, his classification is wrong. :wink:

Leave a comment:

• arbitrage
    replied
    screw this you all think im retarded im considering deleting my account
    you obviously have a friend who is into historical revisionism and challenges both official worldsnooker and bbc terminology and classifications about ranking events. good - that puts into perspective how much his opinion is worth. don't worry my friend - just pretend the official classifications don't exist, make up your own and claim that they are right - just like your intelligent friend.

Leave a comment:

• Odrl
    replied
    You're not retarded, don't worry. :wink:

I think when people talk about ranking events, like "Ricky Walden has won two ranking events", they obviously mean the major events with the best-of-9 format that we've all got used to over the years. I would certainly mention PTC titles separately when comparing players' records, hell, I don't even count Robertson's World Open title along with his other ones.

But of course the term "ranking event" itself is now misleading, because the PTCs are technically ranking events, no matter which section the guy that made the World Snooker website put them in. If anyone refers to them as "non-ranking", they are wrong, and that's not a matter of opinion. :wink:

Leave a comment:

• Capelito
    replied
    Didn't O'Sullivan get a warning or something earlier this year, regarding his late withdraws from tournaments abroad?

Leave a comment:

• LittleMissAlexa
    replied

Leave a comment:

• arbitrage
    replied
    PTCs are minor ranking not non ranking non ranking means does not affect the rankings
    this is the official classification - if you wish to complain about it, write to worldsnooker. if you wish to make up your own classifications (and claim the ptcs are ranking events when worldsnooker doesn't classify them as such), you are on your own.

http://www.worldsnooker.com/page/Tou.../RankingEvents
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/snooker/17928559

technically, bbc is correct. the ptcs are considered to be separate events with ranking points carried but not ranking event status. they are sometimes listed as minor-ranking series which causes confusion.

footnote: if after this explanation you still persist with your original argument, then you are either too smart for me or too much of a troll and i don't want to be associated with either.
    Last edited by arbitrage; 29 October 2012, 06:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X