X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post

Thanks Steve, took some time but worth it in the end
    Looks mint! Really pleased for you bud!

So come on then, how does the Star table play?? How is your game coming along?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post

Looks mint! Really pleased for you bud!

So come on then, how does the Star table play?? How is your game coming along?
      Table plays tough. The table fitters advised us to have it opened up a bit, even they said it was tight but John Foster made a 147 on it so it can be done, just not by me as I'm not good enough.
      if you can expand the picture of the table, look how little of the pocket leather you can see in the opening, that gives a fair impression on how tight it is.
      Last edited by itsnoteasy; 23 April 2021, 08:09 PM.
      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Table plays tough. The table fitters advised us to have it opened up a bit, even they said it was tight but John Foster made a 147 on it so it can be done, just not by me as I'm not good enough.
        if you can expand the picture of the table, look how little of the pocket leather you can see in the opening, that gives a fair impression on how tight it is.
        John Foster, is he that young kid off the snooker videos on YouTube?

My table is also tight, especially the middles! But you get use to it pretty quickly.

Comment

My table is also tight, especially the middles! But you get use to it pretty quickly.
          That's the one Steve, he's packed in completely now. Think he tried cue school a couple of times, just shows how hard it is as he looks brilliant to me but he never quite made it.

Comment

That's the one Steve, he's packed in completely now. Think he tried cue school a couple of times, just shows how hard it is as he looks brilliant to me but he never quite made it.
            That’s a shame really he looked to have some serious ability.

Comment

• Room looks great ,love the lights .

Comment

Tight middles! Tight middles ! call that tight ,the middles on mine are so tight it makes a Russian billiard table look like buckets

Comment

• Originally Posted by mikee View Post
                  Room looks great ,love the lights .
                  No expense spared on those lights Mikee... He’s such a show off

Can’t wait to see some pictures of the outside!

Comment

• That is one superb snooker room Jim. Congrats mate and hope you get many years of enjoyment from it.

future lockdowns will hold a lot less fear now eh!!
                    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Wowsers.

That looks a brilliant set up mate. Table looks great, even sturdier than the star tables on TV! How much space have you got for cueing on the sides? Looks ample and really good. Love the lights too!

Comment

• Steve, some time ago you offered to put together table heaters and sell them. Has that moved on yet?

My table is being fitted on 6th May - if you have come up with some pricing and an idiot friendly guide on installation, I would be very interested mate.

Comment

• Originally Posted by NonStarter View Post
                          Steve, some time ago you offered to put together table heaters and sell them. Has that moved on yet?

My table is being fitted on 6th May - if you have come up with some pricing and an idiot friendly guide on installation, I would be very interested mate.
                          I didn’t want to step on anyone’s toes at the time (mr Hotwire) so didn’t really bother. I could knock you up a set though no problem! I’ll just need the dimensions of the table frame? Which table have you gone for I can’t remember if you had mentioned this already? Drop me an email if you like, I’ll PM you my details.

Comment

Wowsers.

That looks a brilliant set up mate. Table looks great, even sturdier than the star tables on TV! How much space have you got for cueing on the sides? Looks ample and really good. Love the lights too!
                            It's an aristocrat pretending to be a star table. I'm guessing John did it just to feel as comfortable as he could when he went to the bigger comps. I was never in favour of a sprayed up table but I really, really like it, the gold isn't bright and adds a bit on contrast. It has Riley steels on it and Star pocket leathers. There is near enough six feet round the table, probably more like five foot eleven, something like that. The ceiling is ten feet at the highest point and there is roughly eighteen feet from the end of the table to the back wall giving loads of seating space.
                            The light was expensive ?450 iirc but it's fantastic and being half blind , I need all the help I can get in the lighting department
                            in the top left of the photo you can just see the start of the air con fan unit, that was mounted in the middle of that side wall, so that's not far off half the room to that point.
                            Last edited by itsnoteasy; 25 April 2021, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Steve, some time ago you offered to put together table heaters and sell them. Has that moved on yet?

You have fairly got on with your room NS, you started well after us and your only going to be about a month to six weeks behind us. Honestly you will love it, just remember to leave the shed as you have a family and a home you have to visit every few days

Comment

• It's really felt like it's aged me to be honest. The amount of days and times tradespeople have let me down. Unexpected costs. I have 100% more grey hairs compared to when I started.

I have 5.5 ft of space at each side of the table. From the back cushion to the wall will have 5ft on the nose with the yellow end allowed a bit more due to an alcove (toilet and sink in the corner).

Cant wait to get finished and try to pot a ball again!

Comment

Working...
                                X