Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Comment

• Sorry Steve forgot to say about the table, all I can tell you is that it's the table they played the tolly cobbold classic on in 1981, ( a pro invitational tournament) Alex Higgins, kirk Stevens, Graham Miles and Cliff Thorburn all played that year, I reached out to Geoff large as there is no name on it, he seems to think it was made in a joinery shop in Manchester and sold by daymoat or master billiards of Leeds. I love the local history / professional connection so to be honest I'm not really fussed who made it, if it's good enough to them it's good enough for me lol I've got 2 old photos taken that night by the gentleman I bought the table off and if you look close you can see it's same table, I'll pop them on here so you can see but pictures are quite small and old so not sure how much detail you will be able to see
      Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Comment

• camden harrison sparks

Comment

• What a great table to have, a real tournament table with history!
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Hey chaps the snooker cabin is getting there, its built, just waiting for a window unit to arrive which didn't come when it should, then when it did arrive it was broken ( good ol fed ex) so now waiting for a replacement.
            Electrics are going in on Monday and Tuesday next week and waiting for the aircon ppl to get back to me.
            My bar should hopefully be here this week.
            Carpet tiles arrive tomorrow and my new light arrived today... What a yarn that is
            About a month ago after weighing everything up I decided to go for louvre lights from abc snooker, not sure how to put the link in, but they are the 6ft units at 450 quid... All good I thought, until they built the cabin that is. To help support the roof there are 2 partition walls which means there isnt a 12 ft length to be able to hang them and I can't put one either side of a partition because I won't have enough room to cue properly so if anyone out there wants a set of lights please let me know, they are brand new never been out of the box. As it turned out we had to have a rethink as to where everything was going to go and it's actually worked out better for us, the lights we bought are the ones where you have 6 green shades off a brass bar and now the table will be in the centre of the room, hopefully have pics of it finished in the next few weeks.

Comment

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Comment

• Wowzers!! That thing is a beast!

Comment

• Looks the dogs bollox ,big old setup

Comment

• https://www.abcsnooker.co.uk/snooker...ghting-2-x-6ft
                    These are the lights I have for sale if anyone is interested.
                    Obviously I'd like as much as I can get as they haven't been out of the box but realise I've got to take a hit. I think 400 with the tubes is fair. What do you chaps in the know think?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Paz369 View Post
                      https://www.abcsnooker.co.uk/snooker...ghting-2-x-6ft
                      These are the lights I have for sale if anyone is interested.
                      Obviously I'd like as much as I can get as they haven't been out of the box but realise I've got to take a hit. I think 400 with the tubes is fair. What do you chaps in the know think?
                      Seems a fair price. Why are you selling Paz?

Comment

• Selling them because they won't fit in the partition bits in the roof, I wasn't expecting them to be there when we ordered the cabin, I measured it to see if I could do one either side of the partition but that would hamper cueing at the baulk end, table is now going in the middle with a new set of lights that should fit perfectly, sparky is round Monday so we'll see.... Fingers crossed

Comment

Selling them because they won't fit in the partition bits in the roof, I wasn't expecting them to be there when we ordered the cabin, I measured it to see if I could do one either side of the partition but that would hamper cueing at the baulk end, table is now going in the middle with a new set of lights that should fit perfectly, sparky is round Monday so we'll see.... Fingers crossed
                          Sorry for being stupid but how can lights hamper cueing?

Comment

• Sorry, its a bit difficult to explain without pictures.
                            If I hang the light at the only place I can ( one either side of the partition bit ) and set the table up underneath it, the table will be to close to the back wall, if I leave the lights and move the table away from the wall it would just look odd and possibly have a dark area. Does that make anymore sense, I'm not great at explaining stuff

Comment

Sorry, its a bit difficult to explain without pictures.
                              If I hang the light at the only place I can ( one either side of the partition bit ) and set the table up underneath it, the table will be to close to the back wall, if I leave the lights and move the table away from the wall it would just look odd and possibly have a dark area. Does that make anymore sense, I'm not great at explaining stuff
                              Ah! Get you now, thanks for explaining.

Comment

• Won’t the lights fit beneath the cross sections? And you could use those to help fix/mount them? Maybe the thinner LED panels like I have would work better in that scenario… what height do you have from the floor to those low sections?

Comment

Working...
                                X