The next British Heavyweight World Champion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurray! Now what was it you wanted to say Byrom
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
      Hurray! Now what was it you wanted to say Byrom
      I forgot now

Comment

• Posts disappearing everywhere..........image.jpeg
        It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

• Oh yeah ... his time is a comin - go Joshua

Comment

• Heavyweight boxing really back in the big time - The boring klitch reign has been broken and time for the new blood look at these prospects coming up

Comment

• Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
              Heavyweight boxing really back in the big time - The boring klitch reign has been broken and time for the new blood look at these prospects coming up

I watched the first few minutes and i see 29 & 33 year old 'prospects' if you haven't heard of them at that age then they're not prospects imo

Wibble

Comment

• Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
                I watched the first few minutes and i see 29 & 33 year old 'prospects' if you haven't heard of them at that age then they're not prospects imo
                Well I define a prospect as someone who has not quite had the chance to achieve what he can - for me age does not come into it but I know what you mean.
                Sometimes life gets in the way and sometimes not everyone takes to a sport like boxing right away they need time to mature into it, or there might be other reasons. One of the most dangerous heavyweight prospects on the planet is a guy called Luis Ortiz - (I had to google him) formerly of Cuba, he in his 30's n he ain't won a world title belt yet mainly because of politics but if he went in against Wilder or Fury he would in my mind be the one walking out of there with it.

Comment

Well I define a prospect as someone who has not quite had the chance to achieve what he can - for me age does not come into it but I know what you mean.
                  Sometimes life gets in the way and sometimes not everyone takes to a sport like boxing right away they need time to mature into it, or there might be other reasons. One of the most dangerous heavyweight prospects on the planet is a guy called Luis Ortiz - (I had to google him) formerly of Cuba, he in his 30's n he ain't won a world title belt yet mainly because of politics but if he went in against Wilder or Fury he would in my mind be the one walking out of there with it.
                  Ortiz made his pro debut aged 30, he had a long amateur career but only made the quarter finals of the Worlds at best i think, so he may be decentish but he's not the superstar some people would have you believe.

I look forward to seeing who steps up over the next couple of years and becomes the number one HW

Wibble

Comment

You formed this opinion of Ortiz with a Google search, eh! Lol

Comment

• yep . Watched him demolish B Jennings . He showed me enough to be a believer. He a very quick powerful southpaw
                      Last edited by Byrom; 28 March 2016, 10:42 AM.

Comment

• I'd like to see wilder fight him - though he might not have his title long.

Comment

• I like the Heavyweight division now - its sprung back to life a lot of good fighters on the up and I hope Antony Joshua is still standing when the dust settles cos he could grow to dominate the division in time.

I notice a few of you still diss David Haye ...He is small among the giants of today but he has speed defensive skills and a great punch so I think he one of the best on the planet if his body holds up to the training he puts himself thro. Its going to be interesting - lot of great characters in the sport now too. Fury, Wilder and as for David Haye - he got some guy looking for him

Comment

• Interesting how Eddie does his stuff...good promoter and like his chit chat

Comment

• I don't rate many if any on that video, not saying the odd one won't get a shot at something but to me that shows the lack of prospects in the division not the other way round. If you look at the lower weights there are proper match ups all over the place, talented fighters abound with some that could go on to be legendary, some I have hardly heard of because the media just won't focus on them, the heavyweights are poor in comparison ,technically deficient a lot of them but get loads of attention that should be shone on the true fighters, not some mahoosive guy who's willing to swing his arms around,I used to think Fury had a lot of faults but technically he's miles and miles ahead of these guys. I don't really have a lot of interest in the heavyweights, the poorest quality division out there, Joshua getting a shot at a title proves it to me as he has fought no one at all yet gets a world title shot, it's ridiculous and if he wins what does that say, that a complete novice can win, I can't think of any other division that someone who hasn't even fought at European level and has no fights against top ten ranked fighters gets a shot, it's shameful IMO.
                              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                                I don't rate many if any on that video, not saying the odd one won't get a shot at something but to me that shows the lack of prospects in the division not the other way round. If you look at the lower weights there are proper match ups all over the place, talented fighters abound with some that could go on to be legendary, some I have hardly heard of because the media just won't focus on them, the heavyweights are poor in comparison ,technically deficient a lot of them but get loads of attention that should be shone on the true fighters, not some mahoosive guy who's willing to swing his arms around,I used to think Fury had a lot of faults but technically he's miles and miles ahead of these guys. I don't really have a lot of interest in the heavyweights, the poorest quality division out there, Joshua getting a shot at a title proves it to me as he has fought no one at all yet gets a world title shot, it's ridiculous and if he wins what does that say, that a complete novice can win, I can't think of any other division that someone who hasn't even fought at European level and has no fights against top ten ranked fighters gets a shot, it's shameful IMO.
                                Yeah that video is full of puddings, the fact Klitschko dominated the division for so long shows how bad it has been

Wibble

Comment

Working...
                                X