Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
    and fair I think!
    Yeah i agree with the first two although I'm not so sure if he'll win,hope so though
    It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

• Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
      Yeah i agree with the first two although I'm not so sure if he'll win,hope so though
      never met a poor bookie yet
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

never met a poor bookie yet
        One of my mates used to have a pitch at Brough Park until a load of gypo's rolled up and wiped him out in one massive job

Wibble

Comment

• I think Groves will comfortably outpoint Badou Jack... I can see him winning the first 7/8 rounds and then, inevitably when he gasses, Jack might have the chance to tag him later on and perhaps stop him... I'll be going with a Groves by UD but I'll cover my bet by Jack by knockout.

He won't trouble Degale, I can't see him being strong or accurate enough to get through AA... No point even wasting my breath mentioning Andre Ward...

I think, he'll win the WBC and then perhaps take a voluntary against someone he's expected to beat... perhaps a Sakio Bika... but most likely a Martin Murray (who has an outside shot of fighting AA)...

Then it will be the big fight vs degale and the winner of that will defend against either Callum Smith, Rocky Fielding or Gilberto Ramirez as a WBC ranked mandatory challenger...

Super Middleweight division certainly will be more interesting when Andre Ward moves up.

One thing's for sure, none of them will fight Andre Ward, they'll wait for him to move up.
          Last edited by pottr; 4 September 2015, 02:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by pottr View Post
            I think Groves will comfortably outpoint Badou Jack... I can see him winning the first 7/8 rounds and then, inevitably when he gasses, Jack might have the chance to tag him later on and perhaps stop him... I'll be going with a Groves by UD but I'll cover my bet by Jack by knockout.

He won't trouble Degale, I can't see him being strong or accurate enough to get through AA... No point even wasting my breath mentioning Andre Ward...

I think, he'll win the WBC and then perhaps take a voluntary against someone he's expected to beat... perhaps a Sakio Bika... but most likely a Martin Murray (who has an outside shot of fighting AA)...

Then it will be the big fight vs degale and the winner of that will defend against either Callum Smith, Rocky Fielding or Gilberto Ramirez as a WBC ranked mandatory challenger...

Super Middleweight division certainly will be more interesting when Andre Ward moves up.

One thing's for sure, none of them will fight Andre Ward, they'll wait for him to move up.

DeGales lazy so George will always have a good chance to beat him imo

Wibble

Comment

• Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
              DeGales lazy so George will always have a good chance to beat him imo
              i am not sure about that. that might be the classic example of hope over experience.
              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

i am not sure about that. that might be the classic example of hope over experience.
                He's beat him in the amateurs and pro ranks, granted Degale has improved but it's a close fight again when they meet

Wibble

Comment

• Degale is a totally different fighter since his operation... He actually sits down on his shots now...

I think Degale took Groves lightly first time around from what I have been told by some of my gym rat mates... Go Chunky!

Comment

• So Scotland's undefeated heavyweight was next up.

Comment

• next up is the unbeaten Dillian White - Who has beaten Joshua when they where both ams

Comment

• Someone should have told Cornish it's easier to avoid getting hit if you move

Dillian Whytes improved but he looks easy to hit and he'll be another easy nights work for AJ although I expect it to go four rounds, I'm surprised they're actually going to fight so soon as there'll be more money to be made later on.

As far as the Groves fight I thought Jack would nick it and he definitely was the better fighter

Wibble

Comment

• Yeah I think its a dangerous match up to be made now and probably the wrong time with both more money to be made later on but - got to start moving him up and giving AJ more of a test somehow - he just destroying everyone in his path and the ones I think he needs to face have easier routes to the summit than AJ so got to credit Dillian for taking it - who else is there - David Haye would be a big test - Chisora might end his career with one last punt - the kid from NZ - Big daddy B - and there is always going to be a big domestic fight with Fury on the horizon.
                          Povetkin or whatever his name is - Personally I think he is ready for a bash at the bronze bomber now and I think he would beat him too.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                            Yeah I think its a dangerous match up to be made now and probably the wrong time with both more money to be made later on but - got to start moving him up and giving AJ more of a test somehow - he just destroying everyone in his path and the ones I think he needs to face have easier routes to the summit than AJ so got to credit Dillian for taking it - who else is there - David Haye would be a big test - Chisora might end his career with one last punt - the kid from NZ - Big daddy B - and there is always going to be a big domestic fight with Fury on the horizon.
                            Povetkin or whatever his name is - Personally I think he is ready for a bash at the bronze bomber now and I think he would beat him too.

The bronze bomber is Deontay right? If so he might but it's to soon for me,you've got to remember nobody has hit him yet and Cornish looked terrible and that's being polite, he needs to fight somebody durable who can take him six or seven rounds

Wibble

Comment

• I agree but who is going to do that?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                                I agree but who is going to do that?
                                This depends on how much of a risk the promoter wants to take with his golden goose but there are several unbeaten or older fighters(who've only lost a few) who he could fight who wouldn't fold with the first slap like his usual opponents, just look at the rankings and pick a few out with 40/50% K.O ratio and line them up.

It doesn't always have to be Haye,Fury,Chisora etc who the British public have heard of,the casual boxing fan must think there's only five active heavyweights in the world it boils my pee

Wibble

Comment

Working...
                                X