The next British Heavyweight World Champion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's sad isn't it.

Until they do away with the numerous bodies and just have one belt/governing body per weight then nothing will change unfortunately. But that ain't going to happen any time or at all anytime soon is it..

If we had just one belt per division then we'd see the fights we should be seeing happening...

Comment

• The WBA is a joke with a super champion and a regular champion then you have the WBO and other titles - so I must say that I agree with Cally and Geordie.

Most sport is all about the money these days though - look at football - anyone remember the time when just the Champions of each league played for the European Cup?

Watering it down like they have in boxing and football widens participation and it helps to draw in more crowds promotionally but it devalues the sport and deprives the crowds from being able to watch the top matchups.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
        The WBA is a joke with a super champion and a regular champion then you have the WBO and other titles - so I must say that I agree with Cally and Geordie.

Most sport is all about the money these days though - look at football - anyone remember the time when just the Champions of each league played for the European Cup?

Watering it down like they have in boxing and football widens participation and it helps to draw in more crowds promotionally but it devalues the sport and deprives the crowds from being able to watch the top matchups.
        when did this start, I have noticed this just recently( didn't follow boxing for about a decade).
        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• It seems they just make belts up these days, I think every fight I see these days someone walks out with some belt or other... Lol

Comment

• Originally Posted by cally View Post
            It seems they just make belts up these days, I think every fight I see these days someone walks out with some belt or other... Lol
            Look at Groves, had three world title shots and will probably get another soon
            It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

• While we're ranting when is Kell Brook going to fight someone of note? his division is full of talent and because of his dithering he's now on a collision course with Errol Spence Jnr who is now his number one contender, he's going to duck him but i hope he doesn't as that will be a real fight

Wibble

Comment

The WBA is a joke with a super champion and a regular champion then you have the WBO and other titles - so I must say that I agree with Cally and Geordie.

I could be wrong but is the Super champion not just someone who has held the WBA title a certain length of time or defended it x amount of times?

Wibble

Comment

• Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
                  While we're ranting when is Kell Brook going to fight someone of note? his division is full of talent and because of his dithering he's now on a collision course with Errol Spence Jnr who is now his number one contender, he's going to duck him but i hope he doesn't as that will be a real fight
                  Eddie will do the same with all his stable, unfortunately...

I'd love to see more of brook in action, he'll be hard to beat at welter he's a big lad at this weight and has good skills, Eddie needs to pull his finger out sharpish and get him some big fights ASAP. Its a shame he hasn't had more bigger fights upto now.

Comment

I could be wrong but is the Super champion not just someone who has held the WBA title a certain length of time or defended it x amount of times?
                    No the super Champion is currently Fury and the regular champion is Lucas big daddy Browne from Australia who defeated Ruslan Chagev?
                    Anyway this is supposedly also a world title but is actually either another title for being the number one contender or another world title but one that isn't quite as good as the other one in the same boxing organisation??

Anyway I don't know and I'm not sure when it all started - All I know is just don't drink the water if you have to fight for the title in Russia and everything will be alright

Last edited by Byrom; 24 April 2016, 12:39 AM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by cally View Post
                      Eddie will do the same with all his stable, unfortunately...

I'd love to see more of brook in action, he'll be hard to beat at welter he's a big lad at this weight and has good skills, Eddie needs to pull his finger out sharpish and get him some big fights ASAP. Its a shame he hasn't had more bigger fights upto now.
                      Warren did the same with Calzaghe, no wonder he was unbeaten

Wibble

Comment

No the super Champion is currently Fury and the regular champion is Lucas big daddy Browne from Australia who defeated Ruslan Chagev?
                        Anyway this is supposedly also a world title but is actually either another title for being the number one contender or another world title but one that isn't quite as good as the other one in the same boxing organisation??

Anyway I don't know and I'm not sure when it all started - All I know is just don't drink the water if you have to fight for the title in Russia and everything will be alright

Ok so the super champion is someone who holds more than one belt then

Wibble

Comment

Ok so the super champion is someone who holds more than one belt then
                          No he is just the WBA Super world Champion and the other guy Lucas (who failed his drug test after the fight) is the Regular WBA world champion - basically they just made up another world champion.

So there is actually a few WBA (2) WBC IBF WBO and another if its still going? WBU - May have missed a few - Getting silly really might as well include the WCW

I felt sorry for fury getting stripped of his title for having to fight Wlad again as this was written into his contract - that should not be allowed as if any fighter is defeated he should have to wait his turn. With all the titles and nonsense of contracts and boxing politics' with different promoters and TV networks its nearly impossible to unify all the belts. Wlad did it for that long I think they just made up a few more just to have a few more title fights on the box.
                          Last edited by Byrom; 24 April 2016, 01:22 AM.

Comment

No he is just the WBA Super world Champion and the other guy Lucas (who failed his drug test after the fight) is the Regular WBA world champion - basically they just made up another world champion.

So there is actually a few WBA (2) WBC IBF WBO and another if its still going? WBU - May have missed a few - Getting silly really might as well include the WCW

I felt sorry for fury getting stripped of his title for having to fight Wlad again as this was written into his contract - that should not be allowed as if any fighter is defeated he should have to wait his turn. With all the titles and nonsense of contracts and boxing politics' with different promoters and TV networks its nearly impossible to unify all the belts. Wlad did it for that long I think they just made up a few more just to have a few more title fights on the box.
                            It's total and utter bollocks is what it is, yeah I'm definitely going to defend it against the number one contender, oh sorry we couldn't agree terms?
                            They should say FU it's 60/40 in the champions favour and whoever doesn't accept that gets put at the bottom of the pile and has to start again, if your the best then great and if you're an overprotected fake then you'll be found out

Wibble

Comment

• I'm watching Chocalito and it's a cracking fight, this other lad coming on strong in the ninth, miles behind but it's not over at all

Wibble

Comment

• Cracking fight, McWilliams Arroyo only had 16 pro fights and will be back, a future world champ no danger

Wibble

Comment

Working...
                                X