The next British Heavyweight World Champion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    Ill be judging Haye in the coming months to see whether or not he's up for it. It's hard to tell at the moment Especially fighting the likes of Mori
    I am a bit disappointed with the next guy he has picked too. Just warm up fights really but I liked the way he picked his shots against Mori - His timing and speed and footwork was spot on which is surprising given the amount of time away and this is credit to his trainer I feel.

The way he drew the lead from Mori then BAM goodnight Vienna was poetry. That's experience from a very clever - very dangerous fighter.

Last edited by Byrom; 10 April 2016, 12:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
      I am a bit disappointed with the next guy he has picked too. Just warm up fights really but I liked the way he picked his shots against Mori - His timing and speed and footwork was spot on which is surprising given the amount of time away and this is credit to his trainer I feel.

The way he drew the lead from Mori then BAM goodnight Vienna was poetry. That's experience from a very clever - very dangerous fighter.

I never got around to putting a bet on, not even for the Grand National either but at 1/6 or 5/1 it was no brainer where to put a small bet in a heavyweight fight where both have KO power
      As far as Haye goes i don't even like talking about him because he's like a bad smell stinking out the sport with his BS
      LET'S TOE CHAMP LET'S TOE CHAMP!!
      It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

The Kid from NZ Joseph Parker will put up a better showing against AJ - he is number one mandatory and a good prospect. Has the makings of a decent fight.

Nice video of a young guy knocking out residents of the local retirement home . Was there a fighter in there younger than 40 ?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Catch 22 View Post
          Nice video of a young guy knocking out residents of the local retirement home . Was there a fighter in there younger than 40 ?
          Parker has inexplicably built a reputation on exactly these kind of fights - the one we were supposed to be excited about was when he said he was fighting Kali Meehan, for god's sake.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Catch 22 View Post
            Correct, he's fought Southern Hemisphere puddings a different sort of pudding altogether, at least he can move though which is a step up for AJ

Wibble

Comment

• I don't think JParker is a big enough name to sell out a stadium though and Hearn has booked Wembley same night as Fury fights klitch so maybe something big happening in July?

Comment

I don't think JParker is a big enough name to sell out a stadium though and Hearn has booked Wembley same night as Fury fights klitch so maybe something big happening in July?
                Was he not just bluffing saying that on tv Byrom?
                This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Ironic how it's a snooker forum yet the best threads are the boxing ones.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                    Ironic how it's a snooker forum yet the best threads are the boxing ones.
                    Made me laugh that
                    I guess lots of snooker players love watching boxing. A few used to do a bit themselves like Mark Williams I believe, Q Hann, Mark King even Ronnie himself loves it and does a bit for a laugh too.

By the way whilst looking for clip of Ronnie boxing I found an unusual clip here of legendary bare knuckle fighter Lenny Mclean - eating snails with a very young Ronnie o Sullivan on the Danny Baker show - strange but true. Now don't get me wrong but if you can eat snails and have a laugh next to that man and keep calm then going 12 all in a snooker match needing to clear up is a piece of cake.

Last edited by Byrom; 11 April 2016, 12:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                      Was he not just bluffing saying that on tv Byrom?
                      yeah silly me - obviously his humour.
                      Stadium fights are the likes of fury wilder haye - all booked up. Unless he finally gets khan or someone big for Brook

Comment

• Joshua's first defence is going to be against Eric Molina, Johann Duhaupas or Dominic Breazeale lol
                        Guess how many of them are in the IBF top ten? Lol
                        Last edited by GeordieDS; 22 April 2016, 11:54 PM.

Wibble

Comment

• Fury struggling to lose the weight according to a report this morning , currently topping the scales at over 20 Stone
                          Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
                            Joshua's first defence is going to be against Eric Molina, Johann Duhaupas or Dominic Breazeale lol
                            Guess how many of them are in the IBF top ten? Lol
                            Trying to teach him on the job, this is why people thought it was too early for him, it's not that he couldn't beat Martin, it's because there's no going back now, anyone who forks out to watch him fight these guys are mug punters, he's going down the rankings looking for fights, you can't get away with that, or at least you shouldn't.
                            If you aren't in the IBF top ten are you ranked at all by the others?
                            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Disgraceful, but expected nothing more from Eddie tbh...

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                                Trying to teach him on the job, this is why people thought it was too early for him, it's not that he couldn't beat Martin, it's because there's no going back now, anyone who forks out to watch him fight these guys are mug punters, he's going down the rankings looking for fights, you can't get away with that, or at least you shouldn't.
                                If you aren't in the IBF top ten are you ranked at all by the others?
                                This is boxing now, it's a joke and they just let them get away with what they want, take Klitschko for instance for years he's been putting rematch clauses in the contracts, he should have been told if you lose you go back in the queue as you'll no longer be champ and it won't be up to you, the whole game stinks now and nothing surprises me

Wibble

Comment

Working...
                                X