No announcement yet.

The next British Heavyweight World Champion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found a great steaming site on you tube . Very impressed . Deceptive power. The 1st knockdown was only a short right , but what power . This lad looks the real deal
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• And the NEW

Comment

• And that guy was a step up from others? How on earth he was IBF champ is laughable. Dear oh dear....

He done what he had to do but wow, just wow I don't know what to say....

Great performance from Selby tonight..

Comment

• Byrom called it 34 pages ago

Comment

• Originally Posted by Catch 22 View Post
            Byrom called it 34 pages ago
            To be fair every man and his dog thought AJ was a future world champ
            It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

• Great to see him win but how bad was Martin? I was having a good look through his record and his opponents you just couldn't find anything about them, it's going to be interesting to see how AJ develops, i hope he has a couple of defences against durable puddings before trying to unify the belts because he still has so much to learn

Wibble

Comment

• Originally Posted by cally View Post
                And that guy was a step up from others? How on earth he was IBF champ is laughable. Dear oh dear....

He done what he had to do but wow, just wow I don't know what to say....

Great performance from Selby tonight..
                Yeah Martin was an unknown and now we know why but buzzing we have another world champ!!
                Selby came back really well after getting banged hard to the deck, his opponent had a good skill set but his attitude stunk

Wibble

Comment

• So... fury gets stripped of the IBF. This Martin miraculously gets it and now Joshua is IBF champ.. How convenient.

Something rather stinky has gone on here IMO.

Comment

• Originally Posted by culraven View Post
                    Well done Joshua, glad I didn't pay for it at £10 a round!
                    Take it you're not a boxing fan considering for those of us who paid for last nights event got to see McDonnell, Lee Selby, Benn and George groves as well, so over five hours of boxing.

Comment

• Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
                      I was having a good look through his record and his opponents you just couldn't find anything about them
                      As Whyte was Joshua's best opponent, so Glazkov was Martin's - this was Fury vs Belshaw with a belt, basically, but with a Valuev-style title thrown in. Kerston Manswell has suddenly become a gatekeeper to the world title ranks...

Comment

• Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                        Take it you're not a boxing fan considering for those of us who paid for last nights event got to see McDonnell, Lee Selby, Benn and George groves as well, so over five hours of boxing.
                        Can't say as I am to be fair, listened to it on 5live!lol
                        No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

• Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
                          To be fair every man and his dog thought AJ was a future world champ
                          Well this bookmaker up North said there was this one Geordie bloke that bet on the other guy

But yeah I did say it a couple of years ago. It was easy to see it becoming reality with a gold medal though I never said the same about Harrison - I thought AJ got lucky in the Olympics with one or two decisions anyway - he lost IMHO and certainly was not the finished thing back then I think he still needs to improve but he did after the last fight where he let his emotions rule his game plan but the on thing that impressed me most was his focus and dedication as shown on that early video - I found it quite inspiring.
                          But I am not always right.

As for the future the HW boxing division looks good - Some exciting fights coming up Kitch will beat Fury this time I think Haye would have too. Klitch and Haye are probably the biggest threats to Joshua in terms of styles beating him at the moment and other fights in the division I'd like to see include Ortiz v Wilder.
                          Antony Joshua is progressing though - will he get the time to develop before he meets them. Can he unify the division? big ask I think and his power is still masking some basic mistakes and poor footwork and head movement but he has a decent jab to work from and he used it this time unlike in the Dillan fight. Also his power and the finishing instinct and speed is key so its going to be fun watching him.

Fury gets sparked by AJ in my opinion unless AJ stands off him or fury manages to keep him off and box his head off which I don't think he can and I think Fury looses this time to Klitch anyway - If Fury manages to win though AJ walks through him for me. David Haye is different mustard I think. Not a lot of people like or rate him on here but I do and perhaps I should have a grievance after buying a ticket for his no show against Fury but you cant help being injured. David Haye's style is awkward to face for a big man like AJ his footwork and movement is excellent he has the punch and the speed and the one thing in particular that stands out for me since Shane took over his training is his timing he looks better than ever in that department. So at the moment for me Haye wins this fight unless Joshua improves his footwork and head movement and defence behind that jab or catches Haye flush of course. Its 60-40 Haye for me at the min though.
                          Last edited by Byrom; 10 April 2016, 12:00 PM.

Comment

• People taking a lot from last night's fight.. If you can call it that. Lol

Soooooo obviously dodgy, but... we have a HW champ, who cares...

Comment

• Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                              Well this bookmaker up North said there was this one Geordie bloke that bet on the other guy

But yeah I did say it a couple of years ago. It was easy to see it becoming reality with a gold medal though I never said the same about Harrison - I thought AJ got lucky in the Olympics with one or two decisions anyway - he lost IMHO and certainly was not the finished thing back then I think he still needs to improve but he did after the last fight where he let his emotions rule his game plan but the on thing that impressed me most was his focus and dedication as shown on that early video - I found it quite inspiring.
                              But I am not always right.

As for the future the HW boxing division looks good - Some exciting fights coming up Kitch will beat Fury this time I think Haye would have too. Klitch and Haye are probably the biggest threats to Joshua in terms of styles beating him at the moment and other fights in the division I'd like to see include Ortiz v Wilder.
                              Antony Joshua is progressing though - will he get the time to develop before he meets them. Can he unify the division? big ask I think and his power is still masking some basic mistakes and poor footwork and head movement but he has a decent jab to work from and he used it this time unlike in the Dillan fight. Also his power and the finishing instinct and speed is key so its going to be fun watching him.

Fury gets sparked by AJ in my opinion unless AJ stands off him or fury manages to keep him off and box his head off which I don't think he can and I think Fury looses this time to Klitch anyway - If Fury manages to win though AJ walks through him for me. David Haye is different mustard I think. Not a lot of people like or rate him on here but I do and perhaps I should have a grievance after buying a ticket for his no show against Fury but you cant help being injured. David Haye's style is awkward to face for a big man like AJ his footwork and movement is excellent he has the punch and the speed and the one thing in particular that stands out for me since Shane took over his training is his timing he looks better than ever in that department. So at the moment for me Haye wins this fight unless Joshua improves his footwork and head movement and defence behind that jab or catches Haye flush of course. Its 60-40 Haye for me at the min though.
                              Ill be judging Haye in the coming months to see whether or not he's up for it. It's hard to tell at the moment Especially fighting the likes of Mori

Comment

• The Kid from NZ Joseph Parker will put up a better showing against AJ - he is number one mandatory and a good prospect. Has the makings of a decent fight.

Last edited by Byrom; 10 April 2016, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X