Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by cally View Post
    Round 2... > https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mUbO1_oFCnU

OK looking back he never stiffened as much as I remembered but whyte had him hurt alright. He was weak, upright and stiff, heavy-footed for a bit. A better fighter won't let him off so easily...
    He does stand upright and stiff sometimes and needs to develop better head movement and footwork and a better jab. I think his technique is based all around his power so he tries to plant his feet and throw big shots. He showed a little that he can adapt and he did get better timing later on and started to use his jab and so he can improve.

I not saying he is the finished article and this was not his best fight and I think he let his emotions get in the way of his performance as there was a bit of bad feeling between the pair but when he did get back to boxing he looked better he timed his shots better and he got him out of there

Comment

• Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
      He does stand upright and stiff sometimes and needs to develop better head movement and footwork and a better jab. I think his technique is based all around his power so he tries to plant his feet and throw big shots. He showed a little that he can adapt and he did get better timing later on and started to use his jab and so he can improve.

I not saying he is the finished article and this was not his best fight and I think he let his emotions get in the way of his performance as there was a bit of bad feeling between the pair but when he did get back to boxing he looked better he timed his shots better and he got him out of there
      That's my thoughts exactly Byrom, also I think he's to big, IMO it doesn't help your stamina at all being built like that. It's all fast twitch muscle, explosive but tire quickly.
      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
        That's my thoughts exactly Byrom, also I think he's to big, IMO it doesn't help your stamina at all being built like that. It's all fast twitch muscle, explosive but tire quickly.
        Yeah I'm jealous too

Only joking - yeah I agree - he is also not the most naturally talented boxer and yet perhaps he knows that so works to his strengths which is in fact his strength but he does work hard and can improve - what does it say on you tag line again?
        Last edited by Byrom; 2 April 2016, 07:42 PM.

Comment

• Imagine a heavyweight with Tyson Fury's movement and AJ's power? That would be one seriously dangerous man

Watching that clip again just reaffirms my opinion that it's to soon, he needs two or three fights with very durable journeymen otherwise he'll be getting knocked out soon enough then he'll fight the journeymen but his confidence will have been damaged, just my opinion of course
          It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

• Yeah sure would - not sure the they go together speed movement combination hand speed and that much muscle power in unison - Maybe he concentrates too much on power exercises in the gym and weights but like I say he is feeding his strengths.

I am no expert but what I would say is he should work on getting more supple and work on his weakness's first - if he learnt better footwork came in worked off the jab and threw punches off the jab. He could measure the distance better using the jab too and perhaps become a little lighter on his feet in and out measuring the distance drawing leads with little faints and movement, punching more at angles rolling with the shots that come back rather than plodding in square on and taking them - if he learns some of this then yes I think he would dominate. This exactly what I would say to him. I think you might be right but he is young he can adapt and learn on the job hopefully.

Up to now his power is covering up a lot of mistakes I think but I think a defeat would serve to make him stronger. He is the type that would pick his head up listen learn and would evolve. Some people get stronger after tasting defeat Kitch did and Joshua will too if and when he ever does get beat.

Comment

• Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
              Imagine a heavyweight with Tyson Fury's movement and AJ's power? That would be one seriously dangerous man
              Joshua's power will get its first true test against Martin, because so far he's been operating at such a poor level that it's been hard to tell - the Bakhtov KO was a good indicator, but I'm waiting for more evidence. It is way, way too soon for Joshua to be fighting for a world title - for one thing he hasn't earned a chance, for another he is nowhere near ready forn world-class even if he beats Martin, and this is exactly how David Price got ruined.

Haye's new opponent is a step up from De Mori but he's just a European toughman, nothing startling. But what did anyone expect from the king of the bull****ters?

Comment

• I don't expect anything more from fast eddie anymore tbh..

I confused Eddie and haye there.. Easy mistake, i guess... Lol
                Last edited by cally; 3 April 2016, 02:43 PM.

Comment

• Watched that Callum Smith fight the other night now that kid looks real good - would not like to pick a fight with their family.

Comment

Watched that Callum Smith fight the other night now that kid looks real good - would not like to pick a fight with their family.
                    Smith looked pure class from the day he turned pro, but then seemed to have a couple of blips. Seems to be back on track now, though to be honest, his opponent the other night had been gifted the Euro belt and that fight was only going one way.

Comment

• He looks the better out of the brother's. He wants to hope he is indeed better too cos they all fell short so far.. Lol

Comment

• The next British Heavyweight World Champion

Their Dad can look after himself as well, he used to be a bouncer/doorman.

Comment

• Originally Posted by cally View Post
                          He looks the better out of the brother's. He wants to hope he is indeed better too cos they all fell short so far.. Lol

Not difficult is it? Paul Smith is an absolute manchild.

Comment

• Bit of build up for the big fight part 1

Last edited by Byrom; 6 April 2016, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Bit of build up for the big fight

Barry Hearn saying Anthony Joshua is a different class to Lennox Lewis bahahahaha
                              It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

• Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
                                Barry Hearn saying Anthony Joshua is a different class to Lennox Lewis bahahahaha
                                He said last year that Kell Brook beat Mayweather and Pacquaio and the rest of them - I don't think he knows what embarrassment feels like.

Comment

Working...
                                X