X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Byrom..

Stick to snooker bud...

Comment

• Love my boxing Cally - love the hype, the promotion, the characters, the build up, the coverage and we are in a new golden era for it here in the UK.
      I was up in Sheffield watching Kell Brook recently I went Manchester to watch Frampton Quigg. I been going to boxing matches since Nigel Benn who I really loved as a fighter and I am a bit of a historian boxing geek in fact I think I seen every classic fight there has ever been - not in the flesh obviously but I will be there to watch Joshua win his world crown.

I go watching it everywhere n love it does not matter to me if its a up and coming heavyweight prospect like Dave Allen from Doncaster or Huey Fury or the younger one, it does not matter what the weight, be they local fighters, big fights, amateur stuff - all of it .... second best sport in the world. Love it

Comment

• You'll be saying amir khan is the next middleweight king next...

Kell brook, well I'm a fan of kell but Eddie needs to pull his finger out sharp with his stable of fighters this year.... Old fast Eddie.

Comment

• Well it is a big ask for him going up two weight divisions but I can see why he took the fight - winner even if he looses and Kell Brook fight will still be there.

I don't think Khan looks small at the weight probably boils himself down to stay where he is, so it might do him good and I actually do think Amir can win as long as he takes his punch when he does get hit and boxes his head off rather than going to war like he likes to do. If Khan measures the distance well and keeps good footwork in and out (unless of course he catches him good and stays on him) I think he has a chance I really do Khan has great hand speed and is a great counter puncher. If he had a boxing brain like someone like say Prince Naz and a bit better defence/chin he would be unstoppable - I truly think Khan is actually too fast for the Mexican. Whatever happens I have never seen a boring Khan fight - I'm looking forward to it.

I do agree about Brook - I too think Kell needs to fight a bigger name now - the match up I saw was a bit disappointing if I am honest - easy nights work for Kell.

Kell V Khan would be great - maybe next year who knows.

Comment

• Trouble is that glass he carries. Smashes into smithereens very easily with the slightest tap.

Comment

• As for Hearn he must think its Christmas everything that he touches turns to gold. He got Sky in his pocket - he does great promotions all over the UK - darts poker too.

He definitely better looking than Don King - so to me he a bit of a hero a bit like his old man saving snooker. Flash promoters though we love to hate em don't we? I never met the guy and I not jealous normally. Indeed I am impressed they (Hearn family) made it from nothing - good luck to him and them but somehow I still hope he has a really really small willy because he seems to be 'that' bloke who has everything. Style, charisma, nice teeth, a sense of humour, a wedge in his skyrocket like the Bank of England. In fact if I ever see a video of him playing on a Star Snooker Table in his house I am gunna throw up.

Comment

• If you followed boxing Byrom you'd see Eddie for what he really is.

He's no hero fella.

Comment

• Originally Posted by cally View Post
                  If you followed boxing Byrom you'd see Eddie for what he really is.

He's no hero fella.
                  Amen to that - the same ethos as his old man has adopted with snooker now - screw the fans, stick to the bull**** and the bottom line. At least Bazza has done great things during his career - Eddie's just a mouth in a suit on current evidence; this deal with Sky has produced very few decent bills and a lot of awful ones, while he strips out the decent fights and sticks them on PPV.

I think if Khan can stay on the outside and make raids on Canelo, he can win, but the Mexican need only land a decent shot and Khan will be waking up the following morning.

Comment

• Khan can't hit and run for twelve, fights done in eight max, or untill the first punch he takes flush. He won't carry enough power to keep Alvarez off him, I think Alvarez will just walk through him.
                    I'm not sure how many more beatings Khan can take, he's had some horrible stoppages in his career and another war ( win or lose) may just age him overnight.
                    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• I think speed beats power so I stick my chin out n go for Amir - just hope he don't do the same

Comment

• Thing is amir can't handle pressure fighters and he just runs around not knowing how to cope with it. He hasn't a great boxing brain.

'canelo is a constant pressure fighter. Amir can only run for so long in this fight, and with all that extra weight how long? he's going to gas a little earlier if he's still in there mid way. it will only be a matter of time until canelo catches him flush.

only takes a bomb to land and khan won't know where he is. He has one of the worst chins I've ever seen in a fighter of his supposed level..

Comment

• Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                          I think speed beats power

Not if you haven't got a chin it doesn't.

And Timing beats speed...

Comment

• Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                            I think speed beats power so I stick my chin out n go for Amir - just hope he don't do the same
                            In all seriousness I'm a bit worried for him, he doesn't have devastating power at his own weight ,I don't think he will hit hard enough to earn Canelos respect, and if you can't put a doubt in your opponents mind about coming forward and unloading that's exactly what he will do.
                            Even fights Khans won have been wars for him, he always gets tagged then hangs on for dear life doing laps around the ring, can't see him getting away with it this time.
                            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Algieri was walking through khan, nuff said...

You pressure him and he hasn't got a clue what to do. Canelo will walk through khan and pressure until khan succumbs, it could be seconds, yet...

Comment

• Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
                                Amen to that - the same ethos as his old man has adopted with snooker now - screw the fans, stick to the bull**** and the bottom line. At least Bazza has done great things during his career - Eddie's just a mouth in a suit on current evidence; this deal with Sky has produced very few decent bills and a lot of awful ones, while he strips out the decent fights and sticks them on PPV.

I think if Khan can stay on the outside and make raids on Canelo, he can win, but the Mexican need only land a decent shot and Khan will be waking up the following morning.
                                Bang on with that, i think Khan can do better than people think 'if' he can stick to the game plan, but as we all know he can't so I'm going to have a few bets on various rounds
                                It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Working...
                                X