No announcement yet.

The next British Heavyweight World Champion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yep,,, Carl Froch would have battered CM....
    JP Majestic
    3/4
    57"
    17oz
    9.5mm Elk

Comment

• I was just thinking about some great fights that never got made and who you guys thought would have won Azuma Nelson v Barry Maguigan, Carl Frampton v Guillermo Rigondeaux and Carl Foch v Joe Calzagie or Maybe GGG>?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
        I was just thinking about some great fights that never got made and who you guys thought would have won Azuma Nelson v Barry Maguigan, Carl Frampton v Guillermo Rigondeaux and Carl Foch v Joe Calzagie or Maybe GGG>?
        Azuma Nelson. . now there's a man who could punch a wee bit . . .

Comment

• Oh good post B, that's one of those questions you think you could rattle off hundreds straight away but it takes a bit of thinking. Probably the first one that pops into my head would be Pacquiao vs Mayweather about three to five years before it happened .
          Of your list I would go Nelson, Rigo, Calzagie over Froch and I'm not sure about GGG if he beats Canelo, it would have to be GGG.
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

It was a lot of hype but I think he did better than I expected him to do. Anyway they earned a lot of money for that - I would have took em both on for 100 k

Sadly Cleverly looks finished now ... promised so much that kid - thought at one point he was on his way to becoming the new Calzagie but the wheels came off ...never quite delivered.
            Cleverly managed to make Badou Jack look like Lomachenko, I'm trying to think of words to describe how bad he was but there just isn't any
            It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

I was just thinking about some great fights that never got made and who you guys thought would have won Azuma Nelson v Barry Maguigan, Carl Frampton v Guillermo Rigondeaux and Carl Foch v Joe Calzagie or Maybe GGG>?
              Three easy nights work for Nelson,Rigo and Calzaghe

Wibble

Comment

• The Circus has left town thank F

Wibble

Comment

• Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
                  The Circus has left town thank F
                  It will return, I have a horrible feeling he will fight Pauli Maginalli.

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                    It will return, I have a horrible feeling he will fight Pauli Maginalli.
                    Nooooooooooooooooooooo ;0(

The only way that fight will happen is if there is a market for it and i know the general public believe whatever tripe they are told but ffs for the sake of humanity they can't possibly buy that, right where's them antidepressants.....
                    Last edited by GeordieDS; 30 August 2017, 12:01 AM.

Wibble

Comment

Three easy nights work for Nelson,Rigo and Calzaghe
                      Never easy they are all quality but I agree with those choices.

Comment

Nooooooooooooooooooooo ;0(

The only way that fight will happen is if there is a market for it and i know the general public believe whatever tripe they are told but ffs for the sake of humanity they can't possibly buy that, right where's them antidepressants.....
                        For the love of a non existent god I hope it never happens, but the way I see it, I think CM thinks he can beat PM, it's a gamble for CM because he would be a laughing stock if he lost, but the press would catapult him to world class if he won, going by the utter rubbish they wrote about his fight with FM, landed 110 punches lol,aye if you count every one that he took on his gloves or all those pitty patty arm shots that had nothing behind them. I think they could sell it as a big grudge match or something like that after their fall out over the sparring.

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                          it's a gamble for CM because he would be a laughing stock if he lost.
                          He just got paid tens of millions of dollars for a few weeks of "promoting" and half an hour of moving aroud. I don't know what he gets from UFC, but unless his solid gold aeroplane and solid gold Bentley aren't insured, I can't see him needing to worry about dignity.

Comment

• Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
                            He just got paid tens of millions of dollars for a few weeks of "promoting" and half an hour of moving aroud. I don't know what he gets from UFC, but unless his solid gold aeroplane and solid gold Bentley aren't insured, I can't see him needing to worry about dignity.
                            Ha! Fair point Gav.

Comment

Never easy they are all quality but I agree with those choices.
                              Both McGuigan and Frampton kept away from Nelson and Rigo so that tells how much they fancied that work, I think Calzaghe wins by unanimous decision against Froch because he would have been to quick and to good

Wibble

Comment

Both McGuigan and Frampton kept away from Nelson and Rigo so that tells how much they fancied that work, I think Calzaghe wins by unanimous decision against Froch because he would have been to quick and to good
                                Yeah, I was furious Calzaghe ducked Froch to take yet more soft options - Froch would have had no more than a puncher's chance but he'd have made Calzaghe work for the win.

Frampton disappointed me with his excuses for not fighting Rigo - ok you want to make plenty of money before you retire, but you should also want to test yourself against the best. Hatton and Froch both did this and both came up short, but there's nobody but petty idiots picking fault with their records.

Comment

Working...
                                X