The next British Heavyweight World Champion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
    Yeah, I was furious Calzaghe ducked Froch to take yet more soft options - Froch would have had no more than a puncher's chance but he'd have made Calzaghe work for the win.

Frampton disappointed me with his excuses for not fighting Rigo - ok you want to make plenty of money before you retire, but you should also want to test yourself against the best. Hatton and Froch both did this and both came up short, but there's nobody but petty idiots picking fault with their records.
    Froch was still fighting in ice rinks so there was no point in Joe facing him when he had the opportunity to make real money at that point in his career.
    I admire Froch for going the States and fighting Taylor, he had his head boxed off for most of the fight and managed to turn it around, he was tough but took far to many shots.
    Obviously different era's but a Froch/Chris Eubank Snr is a fantasy matchup that I'd love to have seen
    It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

• Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
      Froch was still fighting in ice rinks so there was no point in Joe facing him when he had the opportunity to make real money at that point in his career.
      The fight would have sold tremendously in the UK I think, but obviously not enough to compare with 6 million quid or whatver he got for Roy Jones. It's typical Calzaghe though - spends 90% of his career refusing to take any risks, finally takes two in a row(well, one really -Lacy was never a risk in my opinion) and wins big, but goes straight back to playing it safe "for the money." He must have been rich enough by then, but he was happy to be a sellout, which is a shame.

Comment

• Bump, just because I love boxing.

How times have changed, we have a women's world title fight topping Madison Square Garden tomorrow night

Wibble

Comment

Bump, just because I love boxing.

How times have changed, we have a women's world title fight topping Madison Square Garden tomorrow night
          Unreal that, although I think Smith and the youtuber being on the card has probably sold most of those tickets but fair doos should be a cracking fight.
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post

Unreal that, although I think Smith and the youtuber being on the card has probably sold most of those tickets but fair doos should be a cracking fight.
            Ooo you sexist pig

Will be a barn burner for sure, I think Katie's 0 might go, Stevenson /Valdez is also on tonight, I think Stevenson is going to be another superstar

Wibble

Comment

• Thought KT lost that, think it was close and she could have taken a draw with the last round but there is no way she won that by 3 or 4 rounds.

Comment

• Can't be doing with women hitting each other, don't like it at all.
                Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Thought KT lost that, think it was close and she could have taken a draw with the last round but there is no way she won that by 3 or 4 rounds.
                  She definitely didn't win by three or four rounds but Serrano took her foot off the gas after her excellent fifth round, I thought Katie showed great heart to turn it around in the last four rounds and I had her winning by a round, fantastic fight

Wibble

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax View Post
                    Can't be doing with women hitting each other, don't like it at all.
                    You wouldn't have liked that fight then as it was a proper tear up.
                    Me personally don't mind as they have chosen to box and they're athletes and are much better now, in the early days of women's boxing it was pretty bad, this lot would beat men up

Wibble

Comment

You wouldn't have liked that fight then as it was a proper tear up.
                      Me personally don't mind as they have chosen to box and they're athletes and are much better now, in the early days of women's boxing it was pretty bad, this lot would beat men up
                      No they wouldn't, they would get knocked out the first time they got clipped against a male boxer any half decent amateur would beat them. They can't knock another woman out, they wouldn't stand a chance, a male boxer would walk right through them.

Comment

• I quite like women covered in oil and naked wrestling, but that's not really fighting is it, well not the videos I watch anyway as they always end up quite liking each other
                        Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                        but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

No they wouldn't, they would get knocked out the first time they got clipped against a male boxer any half decent amateur would beat them. They can't knock another woman out, they wouldn't stand a chance, a male boxer would walk right through them.
                          I never said they would beat a male boxer, this is obvious

Wibble

Comment

I never said they would beat a male boxer, this is obvious
                            Well if you mean men who have never had any fight training, well a14 year old amateur boy would beat most men, so I don't see the point your trying to make.

Comment

• I used to box when I was young, you're taught to hit properly, not only with the knuckle part of the glove but to have the shoulder behind it for maximum power. Take a look at Rocky Marciano's famous susi q right hand that knocked out Jersey Joe Walcott; after being battered for twelve rounds by a superior boxer Rocky had to knock him out, just one punch, short right hand but maximum power, a real beauty.

Comment

• [QUOTE=vmax;n1022055]I used to box when I was young, you're taught to hit properly, not only with the knuckle part of the glove but to have the shoulder behind it for maximum power. Take a look at Rocky Marciano's famous susi q right hand that knocked out Jersey Joe Walcott; after being battered for twelve rounds by a superior boxer Rocky had to knock him out, just one punch, short right hand but maximum power, a real beauty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npz7kFB4Vo4" data-vcode="npz7kFB4Vo4" data-vprovider="youtube" >
                                [/QUOTE]
                                Power comes from your hips, watch how his right hip turns and his heel comes off the floor to allow a full turn, that's how short punches can so devastating.watch as well as he touches him to the chest, one to distract and another to gauge distance.
                                Last edited by itsnoteasy; 2 May 2022, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X