This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **Post Pictures of your cue!**

we made 10 a week 3/4 split,that is in batches of ten.as for sellin em that's a different matter, just two of us

Comment

• Originally Posted by Maverick54 View Post
      Dead right Leo. If anyone post pics of their cue surely it is to get honest opinions as to what folk think of their cue as no one wants to be lied to do they?

It is just folks personal opinion and dusn't matter a jot, its what the cues owner thinks that matters and if he's happy with it that's great.

Just in case anyone was mistaking my art of tact and diplomacy for me sitting on the fence I will just say that in MY personal opinion it looks grotesque, but perhaps I don't see what others do.
      My sentiments exactly. Someone's like, will be someone else's dislike. It was said back in the thread, "let's not rain on his parade", people's honesty is absolutely fine.
      I think my wife is a stunner, some think she's a right gopping gremlin!

Comment

• well I like it very colourful cue and I don't want to rain on your parade but the cue reminds me of another parade

Comment

• Originally Posted by I just want a ton! View Post
          My sentiments exactly. Someone's like, will be someone else's dislike. It was said back in the thread, "let's not rain on his parade", people's honesty is absolutely fine.
          I think my wife is a stunner, some think she's a right gopping gremlin!
          Excellent reply folk used to think my ex was a bit of a minger too. I was to bloody honest to tell em they were wrong
          "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
            well I like it very colourful cue and I don't want to rain on your parade but the cue reminds me of another parade

Lol, a great post and oh so true!!!!

Comment

• Originally Posted by justf View Post
              Lol, a great post and oh so true!!!!
              I've never played snooker in tight pants and neither has my boyfriend!

Comment

• Originally Posted by I just want a ton! View Post
                I've never played snooker in tight pants and neither has my boyfriend!

hahahahaha! Quality retort. A bit like your cue; a quality retort to the Parris naysayers. Don't let your boyfriend use that cue! He can order his own and wait three years instead.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
                  In law he doesn't have to offer you a new cue or a refund, he could have simply offered a repair as you'd used the cue I'm guessing. So what you got was actually very good customer service. A lot of cue makers like Aurora would have done nothing for you at all.
                  Sorry Master Blaster, but you're wrong, to the point of being either ignorant, or imbecillic!!!

Under the "Sale of Goods Act 1979" goods can be returned, and a full refund claimed, if the goods are;
                  1. Not of satisfactory quality.
                  2. Not exactly as dedcribed.
                  3. Not of satisfactory appearance or finish.
                  4. Not fit for purpose.

Were you playing truant, at law school, the day they were teaching law???

Comment

Joints and glue aren't my first choice but angel ash may overcome those problems. And cut, planed and glued by Parris is different to glued by any other cue maker. This is Parris we're talking about, ultimate craftsmanship!
                    What a crock of s**t

Comment

• Originally Posted by Master Blaster
                      You're right about the particulars of the SoGA, but interpretation is the key. Let's say the goods arrived in good order, as ordered, satisfying points 1-4 (thought many anti-JP will argue no JP cue can ever satisfy points 1-4 lol). Then the cue was played with and began splitting. JP could honestly say, my team make great cues, this doesn't happen, did you whack the cue butt (as many a player does). The OP would say, no I didn't whack it. JP would then have the options of repairing the cue if he wanted as the cue is now used. He could also replace or offer a refund at HIS discretion. Sale of Goods is important but so is the law of distant selling if ordered over the internet. I bet there's an entire thread on this particular cue somewhere, no doubt it has been discussed, a lot!

If I go to sportsdirect and buy a pair of trainers and they split after three months, I take them back and say oi, your trainers are crap. They say hmmmmmmm and give me the stare. They eventually replace them because repairing them would be uneconomic, the factory is in Thailand, probably the same one making all those Thais cues with different badges. But they could repair the shoes if they wanted, it's their option. Case 3: my mate bought a very expensive amplifier from Richer Sounds. It stopped working after half a year, and they repaired it. It was sent to their UK repairers and fixed. They didn't offer a refund or a replacement.

In fairness, you are mixing facts with your own opinions.

The law is there to protect consumers, and as such, will often come down on the side of the consumer.

Anyway, I would be surprised if Mr Parris did not fully resolve any issues someone had, his customer service is generally very good from what I have ever heard.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Shanizzo View Post
                        Sorry Master Blaster, but you're wrong, to the point of being either ignorant, or imbecillic!!!

Under the "Sale of Goods Act 1979" goods can be returned, and a full refund claimed, if the goods are;
                        1. Not of satisfactory quality.
                        2. Not exactly as dedcribed.
                        3. Not of satisfactory appearance or finish.
                        4. Not fit for purpose.

Were you playing truant, at law school, the day they were teaching law???
                        Hardly dear boy, hardly. I have assumed that the cue was 6mths or older when it split and here's CABS interpretation of the SoGA:

You bought the goods more than six months ago

If you received the goods more than six months ago, you can ask for a replacement or a repair as long as it's reasonable for the goods to have lasted this long. But you will have to be able to show there was something wrong with the goods at the time of sale.

You can ask for a repair or replacement at any time up to six years after you bought the goods as long as it is reasonable for them to have lasted this long. If the goods go wrong after six years, you no longer have the right to ask for a repair or replacement. So the OP could ask for a refund or replacement but if the cue was 6mths or older (maybe the OP can inform us please?), JP could offer a repair and refuse both a replacement and refund. JP doesn't have to repair the cue if its uneconomic either (according to CAB). And essentially, he felt it was too much hassle, so he offered a new cue or a refund. He's complied with the law and more, so he's a top bloke for that.

I'll say the obvious again, JP did all he could. The OP wanted a new cue made immediately, which is unrealistic. Particularly as the wood has to be planed in stages.

Comment

• Originally Posted by trevs1 View Post
                          In fairness, you are mixing facts with your own opinions.

The law is there to protect consumers, and as such, will often come down on the side of the consumer.

Anyway, I would be surprised if Mr Parris did not fully resolve any issues someone had, his customer service is generally very good from what I have ever heard.
                          His service is patchy. They don't answer emails or update orders. Dreadful.

But the OP was offered a refund or new cue so I see no problem. The offer of a repair would have been nice as well. How much extra time would it have taken to reglue one splice Trev? I'm guessing that if the splice has curled, it's a no hoper and it would have required new wood, which may not have matched? I wonder if it was snakewood! lol

Comment

Hardly dear boy, hardly. I have assumed that the cue was 6mths or older when it split and here's CABS interpretation of the SoGA:
                            Hold on there MasterBlaster. If you read through Rob's post, why assume the cue was 6 months old , or older ?

Originally Posted by rob s View Post
                            I had a John Parris special that cost me over £500 and the splices were lifting when I received it so I find your post hilarious, hopefully it was tongue in cheek!
                            Also instead of offering to make me a new cue straight away when I told him about the splices lifting John said I would have to wait all over again, or I could just send it back to him and he'd give me a refund, poor customer service IMO

Comment

• So in my opinion the customer service in this case would be.......

1- Send the cue back at cue makers cost
                              2- Repair the cue as quickly as possible
                              3- Send the cue back to the seller on overnight delivery
                              4- Throw a few freebies in with the cue.....cue towel , tips etc .

Job done

Everyone is a winner
                              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Yep. That would appear to be the correct thing in order to regain the customer's trust.

A good business would in my opinion, be thinking about the long game here

( thinking he'll come back for more cues in the future ).

Hopefully too, it's a rare thing to happen, so the freebies & re-work won't impact too much on the day to day running of the business.

Comment

Working...
                                X