2020 Masters - 1st round discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post

lovely lad is Dave! Railfan, I live in Nuneaton so just down the road and Dave's at our club regularly.

On a separate note does anybody else like to see players miss from time to time rather than just clear the table every visit? I think it makes it much more interesting/entertaining.
    I have a soft spot for David as he was the first pro player I saw, walking out of the hotel as we walked in, back in Newport, and I was so chuffed for his performance the other day, and a great interview afterwards with ES.

I also like it when they miss, every now and then...
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

On a separate note does anybody else like to see players miss from time to time rather than just clear the table every visit? I think it makes it much more interesting/entertaining.
      Oh yes, absolutely! They'd tighten up the pockets if I had my way. :snooker:

-
      The fast and the furious,
      The slow and labourious,
      All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post

Couldn't agree more. As we've seen in this match, his potting can be superb, but the rest of his game needs to catch up. Those were 2 appalling safety shots. And as a result he looses the frame.

-
        Seems strange to criticise a player that has had 3 centuries in a match ……..but it is 3 all at the moment , and he could dominate matches even more .

I think with some attempts he goes for and misses , that it gives his opponent hope .
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

4-3 Murphy and for me that's. it, Trump doesn't look bothered, well, I'm sorry but am so annoyed at all my favourites being knocked out, I'm not interested any more. This wil go down as the dullest Masters ever.

Comment

‘ How dare you beat me I’m Judd Trump’ attitude in full effect.......a very strange performance . 3 great breaks but didn’t dig deep enough to want to win the match , is how it appeared to me.

At least we won’t have to continue to here how his brother is on the tour and helping him !
            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

I didn't make any actual predictions before the tournament, but looking over those results and thinking what I WOULD have tipped, I guess Perry is the only winner I would have chosen correctly so far...

Comment

I actually don't think it's even possible to have a "poor" QF line-up at the Masters at the moment, even if all the lower seeds win. I guess losing Trump and O'Sullivan, and maybe Selby, does leave a little void, but the gap between the other top8 players and the rest of the top16 is quite possibly at an all-time low. :smile:

Comment

Definitely. I much prefer the hard fought tense frames.

Comment

Come on the underdogs , love to see the favourites topple , If Dave Gilbert gets his win here what a story it would be

Comment

Originally Posted by barrysnookerfan1985 View Post
                      4-3 Murphy and for me that's. it, Trump doesn't look bothered, well, I'm sorry but am so annoyed at all my favourites being knocked out, I'm not interested any more. This wil go down as the dullest Masters ever.

Sheeesh... fanboyz

I'm loving it so far.
                      "That pocket moved!"

Comment

I take everything about the tournament back. - fair play to Shaun, fully deserved it, better attitude than Judd, who appeared rather arrogant. As others have said, I was wrong to describe it as a poor quarter-final line up, every player is quality, and I would love to see Dave Gilbert finally win a major trophy.

Comment

Originally Posted by barrysnookerfan1985 View Post
                          I take everything about the tournament back. - fair play to Shaun, fully deserved it, better attitude than Judd, who appeared rather arrogant. As others have said, I was wrong to describe it as a poor quarter-final line up, every player is quality, and I would love to see Dave Gilbert finally win a major trophy.
                          Nice one Baz, well said.

-
                          The fast and the furious,
                          The slow and labourious,
                          All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

That knocking noise from the loose floor panel is driving me nuts!! I’m waiting for it every time the players and ref walk across the bottom of the screen!
                            "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

C’mon, John, I’ve got work tomorrow.
                              "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                                C’mon, John, I’ve got work tomorrow.
                                I would actually love to watch some more, but I had to turn it off when Jimmy White started saying Higgins' concentration is always 100%. Dreadful analysis, as usual. :smile:

First win for one of the higher seeds then. I think Wilson should be another one tomorrow, but Williams could be in trouble against Bingham. :smile:

Comment

Working...
                                X