2021 World Championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by neuronic View Post

Every time you strike the cue ball above center it will bounce back... physics.

Because usually the black would turn towards the pocket ever so slightly when played slowly "against" the nap, even on super fine clothes... that's the way to play it when you want to give the object ball every chance to drop.

It’s for that reason i think it’s better to play the shot at a pace when your not giving the ball a chance to be affected by the nap. There is also more chance of leaving it over the same pocket .

Interesting with the physics , I guess when you play you never see it happening .
    Last edited by Starsky; 3 May 2021, 01:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post

That slow rolled black seemed to do the opposite though!
      That's what struck Dominic Dale on commentary, too... the black deviated
      "That pocket moved!"

Comment

That slow rolled black seemed to do the opposite though!
        The only way that ball should have turned in would be to the left jaw ,no way in hell should it have tuned against the nap and gone the other way ,and yes there is still a nap .

Comment

• Originally Posted by Starsky View Post
          It’s always surprises me when they play back shots in slo mo how often the cue ball jumps off the table on a shot .

Why did Murphy play that final black into middle so slow ??
          Off the black spot there really not much to aim at from that angle ,but I agree a tad harder would have been better .

Comment

• Originally Posted by mikee View Post

The only way that ball should have turned in would be to the left jaw ,no way in hell should it have tuned against the nap and gone the other way ,and yes there is still a nap .
            Not if the slates aren’t level. Or if it hit a crumb of chalk

Comment

• Interesting situation they are talking about in the studio regarding that snooker Selby was playing from when the cue ball was behind the brown .
              Surely Selby would have known that the cue ball had been put back in a different position otherwise he would have chosen to play that last shot first .
              Ronnie is correct by saying Murphy should have queried it but I feel Selby should have also called it.

What’s your opinions ?
              Last edited by Starsky; 3 May 2021, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Not if the slates aren’t level. Or if it hit a crumb of chalk
                When I play to pot a ball dead weight, especially to the middle pockets, I brush over the nap with my hand to remove any marks before playing the shot... Shaun should have done that, but he didn't.
                "That pocket moved!"

Comment

Interesting situation they are talking about in the studio regarding that snooker Selby was playing from when the cue ball was behind the brown .
                  Surely Selby would have known that the cue ball had been put back in a different position otherwise he would have chosen to play that last shot first .
                  Ronnie is correct by saying Murphy should have queried it but I feel Selby should have also called it also .

What’s your opinions ?
                  He's right. Quite clearly. Oh, and of course Mark Selby should have called it in the first place.
                  Last edited by neuronic; 3 May 2021, 02:16 PM.
                  "That pocket moved!"

Comment

• I dislike Selby just that little bit more now.
                    Practice, Learn, Improve, Enjoy, Practice, Learn, Improve, Enjoy :snooker:

Comment

• Come on Mark. Play a shot.

Comment

• Struggling to watch selbys wearing negative style to be honest.

Comment

• I’ve disappeared to shed just to play a bit! Frustrating to watch Selby

Comment

• Tbh , I’ve found Murphy more frustrating to watch as once again he hasn’t taken his chances when given them. It’s not Selby’s tactical play that’s won him games but Murphy’s mistakes and lack of scoring.

Comment

Tbh , I’ve found Murphy more frustrating to watch as once again he hasn’t taken his chances when given them. It’s not Selby’s tactical play that’s won him games but Murphy’s mistakes and lack of scoring.
                              Your not wrong. He needs this frame

Comment

Your not wrong. He needs this frame
                                That’s exactly what he needs to do ., let’s hope he carries it on .

Comment

Working...
                                X