No announcement yet.

UK Championship 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Davis’s glasses sit too low on his face, surely? Or does he just need to shove them up the bridge of his nose?
    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Hicks really needs to many chances so far. He had several in this second frame, but never made a big break, losing control over the cue ball all the time. Thus he is 0-2 behind.

Comment

• Did anyone else just hear that in the Lisowski match? Jack was mounting a counter to Zhao’s 36 break, and was lining up the third to last red, when a voice (which sounded very much like the ref) whispered β€œ[inaudible] take the red on”. I rewound several times to try and determine where it came from and what the inaudible word was, and could only guess at β€œZhao, take the red on”. It was very odd. I sometimes hear the non talking commentator whisper (in this case Ken Doherty) but this didn’t sound like him.
        "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Jack looking so sloppy tonight, could have been 4-0 up. He seems to have zero killer instinct, its strange to watch someone with so much talent yet so little match play strength.
          βšͺ πŸ”΄πŸŸ‘πŸŸ’πŸŸ€πŸ”΅πŸ’—βš«πŸ•³οΈπŸ˜Ž

Comment

• That's less a question of talent, but rather one of the mind. Probably never spent enough focus on safeties in training, maybe also his illness is a reason? Jack strikes me as somebody who just wants to play.

Comment

• When your opponent looks like they are not that confident the last thing you want to do is give them lots of opportunities to change that! Jack has done exactly that! Sad to see and agree with Jimmy that he is very frustrating to watch, it literally looks like watching someone just throwing it away.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
                All lefties tonight.
                Not another rant at the BBC…

Comment

• Seems to be a lot of movement while Zhao is on a break. Almost every time the camera shows the crowd there is someone coming or going in front of him. Is it a weak ref or is the emphasis now on making sure the crowd are spending lots at the bar? I thought there was a rule where if you leave during a frame you have to wait outside until a suitable time to return to your seat so to return while a player is on a break is a big no no.
                  www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

• I really didn't expect Zhao to reach the semifinal of the UK Championship before the start of the tournament. Nice surprise by him. I haven't seen much of him this week. It will be interesting whether he can follow this tournament up with strong performances for the rest of the season as well.

With the quarterfinal already he had overtaken Ding Junhui in the ranking to be the third best chinese, now he will be in the Top 20 for the first time.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                      Jack looking so sloppy tonight, could have been 4-0 up. He seems to have zero killer instinct, its strange to watch someone with so much talent yet so little match play strength.
                      Yes, his game needs to mature if he is going to progress.

-
                      The fast and the furious,
                      The slow and labourious,
                      All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Starsky View Post

Not another rant at the BBC…

-
                        The slow and labourious,

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post

Yes, his game needs to mature if he is going to progress.

-
                          He's 30 now, so sadly I can't see it ever happening. Zhao at 24 has a better head on his shoulders. It's painful to watch because he seems a lovely guy Jack with enormous talent, my biggest fear wil be him never winning anything of consequence.

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post

-
                            Pat ya gotta stop stealing Snooker Islands emojis just because ours are crap mate!

Comment

He's 30 now, so sadly I can't see it ever happening. Zhao at 24 has a better head on his shoulders. It's painful to watch because he seems a lovely guy Jack with enormous talent, my biggest fear wil be him never winning anything of consequence.
                              Sadly I think you may right there as well. It really would be a great shame, I'd love to see Jack fulfil his potential, but....

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                              Pat ya gotta stop stealing Snooker Islands emojis just because ours are crap mate!
                              Aw, busted!
                              -
                              The slow and labourious,

Comment

It doesn’t help him that Gilbert has now won something now . Having the reputation of being the best player on the tour not to win a ranking event must add extra pressure ..

Comment

Working...
                                X