Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Class act by Ronnie.

Comment

• Great finish to the match, trading centuries. I feel a bit for Neil as he has without a doubt been the player of the season up to now but has been falling short the last few months.

Great stuff from Ronnie though, makes you wonder how long we will have him on our screens. At almost 38 most players are slipping down the rankings, yet Ronnie still looks like he has years ahead of him. I wouldn't be surprised to see him winning a world championship in his 40s

Comment

• Yeah wish it was ron vs higgins but bing's gonna have to do

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
          This is the best he's ever played.
          Wouldn't go that far he was good but I can think of many more matches where he had everyone breathless, unless your talking about in general for a prolonged period...
          Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

• Ronnie's attitude has definitely changed, seems so much more positive & confident within himself. I noticed he has praised Robertson, Ding & Trump as being the current top players in his last 2 post match interviews.

Anyone else noticed that the top boys all seem to be criticising Barry's changing to the tour structure. Neil has been critical of it in his last 2 interviews, Ronnie is taking a dig now, Carter did last night. This coupled with the fact that we have low turn outs to the PTC events shows it's not really working. I'm not sure if things would be better if we went back to the pro tour and something to replace the PIOS tour

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ronnie's tip View Post
              Go on Ronnie. THIS is the chance. Watch him mess it up though...
              Lol.... ever the optimist eh bud??

Well played Ronnie, lovely century to finish off the match.....
              Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
              Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

• Great match and great victory for the greatest, Ronnie. This is a fantastic tournament.
                Box the chimp.

Comment

• Interesting but there's no going back. This games on a slow boat to china and barry's the captin. Too much money involved. Yes, this comp is great but ron's words don't mean a lot, barry knows that, he's longtearm fella..

Originally Posted by CueInAction View Post
                  I'm not sure if things would be better if we went back to the pro tour and something to replace the PIOS tour

Comment

• Yet another big thumbs-up for ITV for the amount of time they give BOTH players chance to air their views after their match. And I could not agree more with their sentiments just now regarding the lack of big events for the top players. Not that Hearn is ever going to be dictated to, but I really hope he gets wind of what the lads were saying there.
                    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                      Interesting but there's no going back. This games on a slow boat to china and barry's the captin. Too much money involved. Yes, this comp is great but ron's words don't mean a lot, barry knows that, he's longtearm fella..
                      Ah I don't expect it to change to be fair with Barry at the helm, the guy is master businessman & a top promoter. Unfortunately though I think that when we have a situation where the top players are criticizing the structure of the tour, it is something that may be worth addressing. It's great to see more snooker on tv but the flat structure has definitely devalued some of the ranking tournaments...something I fear maybe the undoing of Barry's 'masterplan'

Comment

• Class interview at the end. It's so good to see the ending not be so rushed. Feels like a proper sport.

I disagree with those who said this was ROS's best performance, or anywhere near it. Remember the second session in their 1/4 final at the 2012 WC? I think Ronnie won the first 6 frames to go from 3-5 to 9-5. He was much better then.

It wouldn't be in his top 10 performances.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                          Yet another big thumbs-up for ITV for the amount of time they give BOTH players chance to air their views after their match. And I could not agree more with their sentiments just now regarding the lack of big events for the top players. Not that Hearn is ever going to be dictated to, but I really hope he gets wind of what the lads were saying there.
                          Gotta agree 100%. ITV have done a great job with this one. BBC have had a stagnating setup for a few years now & seeming to be uninterested in change. The post match interviews have been top class & commentators been such a refreshing change from the negativity of what has become the norm on the beeb. Mcmanus is slowly becoming one of my favourite commentators...it's nice to have someone who knows the modern game and can talk positively from a neutral standpoint

Comment

• I agree it dose feel like a sport in this event, its great..
                            For me his last two matches here are the most special. Attitude, focus, fight, desire to win, technically he's looking masterful, and doing it against the best of the new established players.

Originally Posted by Ronnie's tip View Post
                            Class interview at the end. It's so good to see the ending not be so rushed. Feels like a proper sport.

I disagree with those who said this was ROS's best performance, or anywhere near it. Remember the second session in their 1/4 final at the 2012 WC? I think Ronnie won the first 6 frames to go from 3-5 to 9-5. He was much better then.

It wouldn't be in his top 10 performances.

Comment

• Originally Posted by CueInAction View Post
                              Gotta agree 100%. ITV have done a great job with this one. BBC have had a stagnating setup for a few years now & seeming to be uninterested in change. The post match interviews have been top class & commentators been such a refreshing change from the negativity of what has become the norm on the beeb. Mcmanus is slowly becoming one of my favourite commentators...it's nice to have someone who knows the modern game and can talk positively from a neutral standpoint
                              mcmanus is one of the best commentators ever - really insightful views on the table situation, shot options etc. doesn't speak unless he has something useful to say, focuses on commentating about the gameplay rather than the players (or talking about himself like willie thorne)

the setup is excellent - full credit to ITV. the only thing i would criticize is the format of having only to play 4 matches to win the tournament
                              Last edited by arbitrage; 23 November 2013, 11:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by arbitrage View Post
                                mcmanus is one of the best commentators ever - really insightful views on the table situation, shot options etc. doesn't speak unless he has something useful to say, focuses on commentating about the gameplay rather than the players (or talking about himself like willie thorne)
                                He definitely shows his passion for the game, it's good stuff. Never been a fan of Willie, so negative and critical it detracts from the game. Give me Mcmanus & Foulds any day

Comment

Working...
                                X