Welsh Open 2014 - Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Ha! Just this second decided to come on here and say the exact same thing. I find it very amusing. He kind of throws his left shoulder in and then almost looks over it before getting down into the conventional position. Very odd.
    Yes. It is quite odd and strangely mesmerising.

I hope Ronnie hasn't gone off the boil. He looks distracted.

Comment

• Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
      I hope Ronnie hasn't gone off the boil. He looks distracted.
      Nah... simmering maybe, but always ready to boil again.
      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Nah... simmering maybe, but always ready to boil again.
        He's missing balls that he normally wouldn't miss.

I heard a interview where he said he'd played about 6 hours of snooker the month before the Welsh Open. Maybe the lack of competitive table time is showing. I'm sure he'll still win this though.
        Last edited by cyberheater; 25 February 2014, 08:22 PM.

Comment

• Very impressive. Barry declaring a foul to the ref. Top notch Barry, top notch.

Comment

• Not the best snooker today unfortunately.

Tian played poorly and Williams wasnt sharp and O'Sullivan
            had little competition and wasnt sharp either.
            Robertson played well altho he also had little opposition.
            Hopefully tomorrow brings some better games.

Comment

Ha! Just this second decided to come on here and say the exact same thing. I find it very amusing. He kind of throws his left shoulder in and then almost looks over it before getting down into the conventional position. Very odd.
              Then when over the cue he gurns his chin out of the way and looks like old man Steptoe with his teeth out

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
                Then when over the cue he gurns his chin out of the way and looks like old man Steptoe with his teeth out
                Yes. It's not a good look. He looks like a hobbit.

Comment

• The coverage has'nt been the best so far, you've got the red button that just finishes halfway through a match, and Eurosports scheduling is all over the place, now we've got the Ding Cope match being shown again when there are other matches on, and they have got cameras on other tables because when a match finished earlier they switched to the Murphy Steadman match, it just seems odd to me!
                  After 15 reds and 15 blacks i did this http://youtu.be/DupuczMS2o4

Comment

Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
                    Has anyone else noticed the odd twisting motion Barry does to get into the cueing position.
                    I remember thinking why he does that during a ete earlier this year... apparently he dislocated his shoulder in a dogging mishap =p
                    Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

• Originally Posted by scottley View Post
                      The coverage has'nt been the best so far, you've got the red button that just finishes halfway through a match, and Eurosports scheduling is all over the place, now we've got the Ding Cope match being shown again when there are other matches on, and they have got cameras on other tables because when a match finished earlier they switched to the Murphy Steadman match, it just seems odd to me!
                      Yes. It annoys me too. Just put a single camera on another table. Lighting does not need to be perfect. I don't even need commentary.

Comment

• Taffy's trying to save money on the camera mens wages lol.
                        After 15 reds and 15 blacks i did this http://youtu.be/DupuczMS2o4

Comment

• So Ronnie is only 49 centuries away from equalling Hendry's record. I wonder how it will take him?

Comment

• Originally Posted by SouthPaw View Post
                            I'd like to know what Dean is wearing to let us know what we're dealing with! Is he a fan of I ♡ snooker shirts..?
                            I think I can see him . . .

tshirt.jpg

My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                            I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

• Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
                              Originally Posted by SouthPaw View Post
                              I'd like to know what Dean is wearing to let us know what we're dealing with! Is he a fan of I ♡ snooker shirts..?
                              I think I can see him . . .

tshirt.jpg

glad to say that I do not own such item of clothing
                              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                                glad to say that I do not own such item of clothing
                                Hmmm, it must have been someone that looks like you with a poor taste in snooker shirts.

My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                                I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Working...
                                X