Welsh Open 2014 - Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
    Yeah working with a coach swapping to a no deflection cue after years of wining things with an ordinary cue -
    Mark Williams - good guy and I know he likes his social media so he is welcome to come on TSF and join my over thinking it thread anytime he likes

OK EDIT EATING WORDS

Mark tanks Tian 4- -nil played rubbish at first then great when he started playing faster - perhaps I should get one of those cues.
    To be fair you're still right apart from the century break Williams was rubbish, only started to play half decent when he knew he had no opponent! Tian was absolutey awful even Jimmy White would have beat him. No offense JW
    Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

• Just looked up the Head to Head meetings between Neil and Rory, Neil leads 2-0 and both ocasions the matches were played in the UK Champions in York, in 2005 Neil beat Rory 9 Frames to 8 and in 2008 he beat him 9 frames to 1.
      Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

• Come on Rory.

Comment

• Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
          Come on Rory.

Oh yes.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Phil C View Post

Oh yes.
            I fear Robertson's safety is too good for Rory.
            Oh well. It's 3 - 0. Feck.

Comment

• I think we're buggered mate lol

Rory's safety definitely isn't good enough either.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Phil C View Post
                I think we're buggered mate lol

Rory's safety definitely isn't good enough either.
                And after that amazing red split I think it's game over for Rory. That split was like a bomb going off.

EDIT: What an amazing plant that was from Robertson.
                Last edited by cyberheater; 25 February 2014, 04:20 PM.

Comment

• I am watching murphy's match right now, it is rather funny when Willie Thorn saying something like: Murphy's made some effort for his fitness, on his diet, but he is more hungry now for his snooker success ...

Comment

• Need Hawkins to win to keep my accumulator alive.

7 wins so far, him and King to make it 9/9.

Comment

• Nice one Barry.

Few, couple of close calls today. Dott on the final black and now this match.

Only 8-1 odds for all the favourites but might come good.

Think I'll put a little one on Ronnie, Walden, Bingham and King for this next session now.

Comment

• So I wonder which version of Ronnie we will see tonight. I hope it's the one we saw in the Masters.

Comment

• Surely he cant in the first frame can he? The red near the pink looks awkward-ish.

Edit, never mind, some unbelievable positional shots from Ronnie none the less.
                          Last edited by scottley; 25 February 2014, 07:18 PM.
                          After 15 reds and 15 blacks i did this http://youtu.be/DupuczMS2o4

Comment

• Looks like Barry is playing with a machine spliced cue.

Comment

• Has anyone else noticed the odd twisting motion Barry does to get into the cueing position.

Comment

• Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
                                Has anyone else noticed the odd twisting motion Barry does to get into the cueing position.
                                Ha! Just this second decided to come on here and say the exact same thing. I find it very amusing. He kind of throws his left shoulder in and then almost looks over it before getting down into the conventional position. Very odd.
                                "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Working...
                                X