No announcement yet.

2015 Betfred World Snooker Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That was a super finish to the perhaps best world championship I have witnessed. Lot of players were playing near their absolute top. There was no scrappy match at all if I recall correctly.
    The final itself has been of extremely quality from both players, so huge credit to Shaun, he was the second best, but only by a small margin.
    And I want to say, I am so happy for Stuart, such a deserved victory. He showed such a strong game in all departments.
    Can't wait for the next season to start!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Atypical Male View Post
      A few thoughts...

- Did any of you get the feeling that Murphy's two big shot attempts in that final frame had a bit of a 'to hell with it I'm gone anyway' go-for-broke feel to them? I got that sense about them immediately... the way he took those shots seemed to have a hopeless, cavalier approach to them.
      I had the same feeling also immediately when he tried them.

Comment

• Congratulations to Stuart Bingham. I just felt his safety play and tactical game was so superior to Murphy's. Bingham went for his pots but usually with an element of safety in mind whereas Murphy went all out for the long pots and when they didn't go in, he usually left something on. The turning point in the match was undoubtedly the 31st frame with the score 15-15. Murphy misses a makeable yellow and Bingham plays a superb snooker. When Bingham won that frame he clearly got a bounce from it and it deflated Murphy. Murphy's last shot in the final frame was incredibly careless and struck of a man who had enough and knew he was destined to loose. He didn't seem to draw on his previous crucible experience when he had that 18-16 win over Matthew Stevens. I cant see Murphy winning another world championship. His safety game just isn't up to the required standard and it places too much pressure on his long potting. Bingham is now world champion and I don't think it will change him. He will still be the same nice guy with a smile on his face.

Comment

• Well that was fantastic! Congrats Bingsy, so well done, words fail me. And a big thanks to Shaun as well, wouldn't have been much without his brilliant contribution, would it. I know for a fact that both Bingsy and snooker itself have gained some new fans this year. Roll on the new season! :eagerness:

-
          The fast and the furious,
          The slow and labourious,
          All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Hilarious moment in the post match interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IprJ2ouTzs&t=7m17s

Comment

• Originally Posted by Hal View Post
              That was a super finish to the perhaps best world championship I have witnessed. Lot of players were playing near their absolute top. There was no scrappy match at all if I recall correctly.
              The final itself has been of extremely quality from both players, so huge credit to Shaun, he was the second best, but only by a small margin.
              And I want to say, I am so happy for Stuart, such a deserved victory. He showed such a strong game in all departments.
              Can't wait for the next season to start!
              agree totally best one for ages.
              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• Originally Posted by magnifico View Post
                Congratulations to Stuart Bingham. I just felt his safety play and tactical game was so superior to Murphy's. Bingham went for his pots but usually with an element of safety in mind whereas Murphy went all out for the long pots and when they didn't go in, he usually left something on. The turning point in the match was undoubtedly the 31st frame with the score 15-15. Murphy misses a makeable yellow and Bingham plays a superb snooker. When Bingham won that frame he clearly got a bounce from it and it deflated Murphy. Murphy's last shot in the final frame was incredibly careless and struck of a man who had enough and knew he was destined to loose. He didn't seem to draw on his previous crucible experience when he had that 18-16 win over Matthew Stevens. I cant see Murphy winning another world championship. His safety game just isn't up to the required standard and it places too much pressure on his long potting. Bingham is now world champion and I don't think it will change him. He will still be the same nice guy with a smile on his face.
                While I agree with you that Murphy's safety game isn't very good and he isn't as a good allround player as Selby or Robertson I wouldn't exclude another run at the world championship title for him. I mean he got pretty close here, though he had a very favorable draw. But also this could happen again.

Comment

• You know it's quality when you see two players like Hawkins and Robertson have an unbelievable match just to get into the semis, and in the end they kind of knocked each other out IMO.
                  Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

• Did anyone here Murphy in the post-match interview when he said that nobody deserved to win the title less than Bingham?

Bit of a Freudian slip there.

Comment

• Shaun Murphy over running blue to final yellow in the 31st frame was a huge shot in the match as Bingham had lost 3 straight frames and lost a lead in this frame after cruelly going in off a red from a good pot,but then Bingham played a classy snooker on the yellow,Murphy then conceded 30 points in fouls,v big few minutes that.
                      Kind of a breath of fresh air that Selby O'Sullivan Higgins Trump or Robertson wasn't in the final,congrats to both players and of course well played the new champ Stuart Ballrun Bingham. :-)

Comment

• Originally Posted by P.Smith View Post
                        Did anyone here Murphy in the post-match interview when he said that nobody deserved to win the title less than Bingham?

Bit of a Freudian slip there.
                        Actually he said "there's not a player alive who doesn't deserve it less than Stuart" - the double negative becomes a positive so technically, no slip. I'm not sure that's entirely what he intended though

Comment

• Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
                          Actually he said "there's not a player alive who doesn't deserve it less than Stuart" - the double negative becomes a positive so technically, no slip. I'm not sure that's entirely what he intended though
                          Have to admit I wondered about it as well when I heard Shaun say that I'm sure he meant well Always such a gentlemen and gracious in defeat he is!

Comment

• Also was funny when Stuart said he was very happy to beat the second big guy of the draw
                            Shaun's face reaction was great.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Hal View Post
                              Also was funny when Stuart said he was very happy to beat the second big guy of the draw
                              Shaun's face reaction was great.
                              Yeah fantastic! Stu comes across as a loveable guy and one who's not all too comfortable with talking a great deal (in front of a big crowd)...shows in his snooker really...he lets his cue do the talking

Comment

• Originally Posted by Atypical Male View Post
                                A few thoughts...

- Did any of you get the feeling that Murphy's two big shot attempts in that final frame had a bit of a 'to hell with it I'm gone anyway' go-for-broke feel to them? I got that sense about them immediately... the way he took those shots seemed to have a hopeless, cavalier approach to them.
                                For sure. I think it started already with that go at the red pot along the cushion instead of getting the locked reds out in play in the frame before. OK if he had got it, we might have been talking about a great clearance that turned the match around, but it seemed a Little desperate. And the two attempts in the final was do or die. He was Lucky with the in-off the first time, or Bingham might have made a clearance already in first visit.
                                Last edited by Rane; 5 May 2015, 11:21 AM. Reason: something missing
                                ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                                "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Working...
                                X