No announcement yet.

2015 Betfred World Snooker Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entertaining stuff tonight by two very likeable players. Lovely to see Bingham's family there. This is a fantastic achievement from a journeyman. All that hard work has really paid off. I won't be surprised if he wins the UK or Masters next season. BTW, why wasn't Jimmy White and the bird next to him standing up during the ceremony???

Comment

• Originally Posted by ken147 View Post
      BTW, why wasn't Jimmy White and the bird next to him standing up during the ceremony???
      Is it compulsory?
      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
        Is it compulsory?
        Not really but a little disrespectful.

Comment

• I'd be standing up next to a bird like that

Think that is his Mrs .
          Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
            I'd be standing up next to a bird like that

Think that is his Mrs .
            lol............Jimmy only had eyes for the trophy he was so close to it again

Comment

• I just about got my midnight finish in the end, lovely session of snooker once again. It was among the most exciting World finals I have seen, high quality throughout the match and fairly close until the end.

The tournament as a whole was a little unusual, at least compared to the previous couple of years. All the players played a very attacking game and the standard of breakbuilding was superb. The downside was that we didn't see a lot of tense and tactical stuff, but I suppose you can't have it both ways. :smile:

Big congratulations to Stuart Bingham. It was the best performance of his career and he got rewarded for it. He beat three of the big tournament favourites on his way, so no one can say he didn't deserve it. His composure under pressure was remarkable, and the snooker he played was comparable to any other champion of recent years. We had a run of very predictable winners since Dott in 2006, all very big names, so I guess we were due a surprising winner. And what a pleasant surprise it was. :smile:

Now for a bit of a break, then it's onto the next season. I'm already looking forward to it. :wink:

Comment

• I thought Jimmy was a married man, good to see that hottie.

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                  I'd be standing up next to a bird like that

Think that is his Mrs .
                  Jimmy's Mrs? I thought it was his daughter? LOL.

Comment

• Was that really Jimmy's bird ?? if so he's the real winner lol

Comment

• Originally Posted by ken147 View Post
                      Jimmy's Mrs? I thought it was his daughter? LOL.
                      Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                      Was that really Jimmy's bird ?? if so he's the real winner lol
                      Pretty sure it's his daughter now that I think about, vague recollectionn from the BBC documentary.

Comment

• c'mon Jimmy........could be his fiancee ( see pics ) ???

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk..._in_Blackburn/
                        Last edited by CueAntW147; 4 May 2015, 11:23 PM.

Comment

• Worldsnooker's own website doesn't have the result of the tournament - still got live score links and "Bingham surges ahead"

Comment

• Some great snooker played thru the whole tournament
                            and plenty of surprises. Bingham played some incredible
                            snooker and defeated some big name players. Well done.
                            Bingham has come a long way and is a deserving champion.

Comment

• well done Bingham, he deserved it after beating three of the top 5 favorites to win the title. Murphy played his part too but in the end Binghams more tactical awareness won the day.

i thought it would be close and mentioned a 18-15 either way, i'm happy had a few bob on the result

Comment

• That was a super finish to the perhaps best world championship I have witnessed. Lot of players were playing near their absolute top. There was no scrappy match at all if I recall correctly.
                                The final itself has been of extremely quality from both players, so huge credit to Shaun, he was the second best, but only by a small margin.
                                And I want to say, I am so happy for Stuart, such a deserved victory. He showed such a strong game in all departments.
                                Can't wait for the next season to start!

Comment

Working...
                                X