No announcement yet.

2015 Betfred World Snooker Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As for Hawkins vs Murphy, I think that one is a long long way from being decided. Hawkins seems like was a born fighter. He won't give up no matter what. I think the battle against Robertson drained a lot of energy out of him but he'll have recovered now and I expect a much better performance today. I'm predicting that 4 frame lead might come down to just a 2 frame lead by the end of the two sessions today. Murphy looks like a beast at the moment a complete player and if he gets to the final, he'd be my favourite regardless of the form that Trump or Bingham might be in.

Comment

• Finally a full long day of single table action to enjoy.

I am rooting for Murphy.

Comment

• Murphy looks like a champ now.

Comment

• I never thought Murphy would lose this matchup against Hawkins but never imagined that he would be so dominant either! He's just steamrolling over poor Barry at the moment. 9-2 up, ite misa est already!
          Murphy was one of my favorite for the title before the beginning of the competition but he's getting better and better, round after round. I just hope trump will reach the final as well so we'd get an incredible nuclear contest )
          Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

• certainly didn't want such a one sided game as this but if anything good can come of it, shaun can carry on and trample all over the annoying trump if needed :tongue:

Comment

• Impressive scoring from Murphy this morning. Hawkins had his chances though, so it could have easily been 2-2 in this session had he taken them.

Murphy now only needs 7 of the 12 remaining frames today to win with a session to spare, which would mean Hawkins would lose with a session to spare for the second year in a row in the semi-finals. :wink:

Comment

• Murphy has not put a foot wrong at the moment and looks so comfortable and confident on the table. I was hoping it would be a bit closer than this as i really like Barry Hawkins and he played brilliantly to get past Robertson.

Comment

• Originally Posted by alphabetagaga View Post
                  certainly didn't want such a one sided game as this but if anything good can come of it, shaun can carry on and trample all over the annoying trump if needed :tongue:
                  This match was ALWAYS going to be one-sided. That's why I was surprised that so many people were so happy when Hawkins beat Robertson and deprived us of what would have been a classic semi-final.

As for Murphy, the way his luck is at the moment, Bingham will probably beat Trump and a route to the final that should have gone Selby-Robertson-Trump/O'Sullivan will actually have gone McGill-Hawkins-Bingham. Talk about a lucky draw!
                  I know he's playing very well but I would have liked to have seen him tested by one of the top players.

Comment

• Nothing against Hawkins but Robertson would have given much better fight to murphy.
                    Hawkins is like a Lame Duck at the moment.
                    My deep screw shot
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHXTv4Dt-ZQ

Comment

• Hawkins deserves to be in the semi but I think this is just one match too far for him. He's not had a good season in fairness and found a bit of form over the last couple of months, however after 3 really tough matches I think mentally he has gone. Because he's had a poor season it doesn't take much for your confidence to go quickly and now he's facing an absolute mauling here. Will be over with a session to spare I'm sure.

Comment

• Originally Posted by indianabones View Post
                        I'm predicting that 4 frame lead might come down to just a 2 frame lead by the end of the two sessions today.
                        What kind of a silly clown makes a prediction like this?

Dsiappointing from Hawkins going by the scoreline. At work so can't watch the match, but doesn't seem like I'm missing out on a classic.

Comment

• It may be pretty one-sided just now, but I'm enjoying it anyway. Hope Shaun can keep this up til monday night, I think this season he was consistingly performing on a pretty high level, more than any other player actually, apart from Judd maybe, with Robbo losing some important deciders and Selby coming to form too late (and Ronnie, well, after the UK Ronnie has been the teeth-picking, fumbling Ronnie of old again).
                          So in a way Trump vs. Murphy would be kinda logical to be the WC final and if Shaun's performing like this, even Judd will be struggling. And what a story it would be, ten years after that 22 year old qualifier won the title...
                          "That pocket moved!"

Comment

• Anyone with the stats for this matches so far? Like on the Beeb end-of-session screen?
                            Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

• Originally Posted by indianabones View Post
                              What kind of a silly clown makes a prediction like this?
                              Don't worry, you weren't alone with this line of thought. Decent crystal balls are so hard to come by these days. :smile:

-
                              The fast and the furious,
                              The slow and labourious,
                              All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• the smurf blended into the carpet very well i thought this morning

Comment

Working...
                                X