Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    A must have?

I think you're all being just a tad premature, if I may be permitted to say so.

It's the best of 33, for heaven's sake.
    You never wanting to be chasing in these sessions though. If you lose a session 6-2 it puts you under a lot of pressure to win the next session at least 5-3. Its the psychological affect that losing a session has in these multi session matches that affects each frame. Players are not used to playing these very long matches and none of them want to lose a session badly. History has proven that the player that starts these long matches best normally goes on to win.

Comment

A must have?

I think you're all being just a tad premature, if I may be permitted to say so.

It's the best of 33, for heaven's sake.
      LOL. You may have a point.

But no one wants to go 3 frames behind in the Worlds.

Comment

• What an amazing break. I didn't think it was possible to score more then 30 or so points when he came to the table. It was a right mess.

I did laugh when I thought about the different approaches between Ronnie and Judd.

Ronnie = slowly shift balls about until the table is under control.
        Judd = Just thump them in for any distance and any angle.

Comment

• A close match with Trump and Bingham. It will be
          interesting to see how this match unfolds.

Comment

• Ok then Stu let's see you pinch this last frame of this session...

Edit : well done!
            Last edited by daffie; 30 April 2015, 08:50 PM.

Comment

• Great start from Bingham. Quite entertaining stuff.

Comment

• Thank heavens for MVG stuffing the power or else Trump had made me lose a lot of money today ... I thought he had changed but the old Trump is back ... and if Trump keeps doing this h emight not need a fourth session because Bingham is solid and is called ballrun for a reason

Comment

• Regardless of the outcome, I still think Trump is the best player in the world right now. He's a great entertainer and his natural ability is on par with Ronnie. He reminds me a lot of Jimmy White in that hell take on ridiculous shots that will sometimes cost him a frame, but he never fails to put on an exhibition and thats what the game is all about.

Comment

• Originally Posted by OmaMiesta View Post
                    I still think Trump is the best player in the world right now.
                    I would 100% agree with this. He's a phenomenal player at the moment.

Comment

• http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/snooker/32541814

Thats painful to watch, is that guy essex really that thick?

Comment

• Originally Posted by narl View Post
                        http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/snooker/32541814

Thats painful to watch, is that guy essex really that thick?
                        I've heard of him but I've never seen Joey Essex on TV before ... but no, he's not thick, that's a good comedy performance - Steve Davis did well too as the straight man ... it was a really good comedy sketch, I found it very amusing ...

Comment

• Originally Posted by DandyA View Post
                          ... but no, he's not thick, that's a good comedy performance...
                          Good comedy it might be, but yes, he is that thick. Maybe he plays on it to a certain degree, but academically he's grossly under-educated.
                          Last edited by Billy; 1 May 2015, 12:10 AM.
                          "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Good comedy it might be, but yes, he is that thick. Maybe he plays on it to a certain degree, but academically he's grossly under-educated.
                            OK, I stand corrected but I still enjoyed the comedy skills he demonstrated in that sketch with Steve ... there's a few snooker players who come over as "thick" to me but there again, those players and Joey Essex I'm sure are all far richer than I am so they can't be that thick, can they?

Comment

• New to the forum guys, but not snooker.

I've never had a favourite but ever since Trump came onto the scene really started to follow him. Over the last few months there's been a marked improvement in his game. His positional play is much better than it used to be but still nowhere near some of the other guys and his cue power and potting skills make up for that.

Judd Trump last night against Bingham wasn't in as devastating form as he was against Ding but that's not a surprise really cause you can't play like that all the time. But what really annoyed me about last night was his decision making. Judd has got to think more sensibly and analyse each frame accordingly. Stephen Hendry on commentary wanted to say it but was holding back I think. Judd if you've got a big lead in the frame, knock a couple of balls safe and send the cue ball up behind the balk colours. But no Judd will simple take on a risky pot even by his high standards open up the pack so that a good player like Bingham can clear up.

Judd can win this match and the world championship but I won't be surprised if he doesn't because ffs what is with his thinking at these times. Sure you want to play aggressive snooker, we want you to as well, but there's a fine line between aggressive and stupid and last night from Judd it was on the stupid side.

Comment

• Originally Posted by indianabones View Post
                                New to the forum guys, but not snooker.

I've never had a favourite but ever since Trump came onto the scene really started to follow him. Over the last few months there's been a marked improvement in his game. His positional play is much better than it used to be but still nowhere near some of the other guys and his cue power and potting skills make up for that.

Judd Trump last night against Bingham wasn't in as devastating form as he was against Ding but that's not a surprise really cause you can't play like that all the time. But what really annoyed me about last night was his decision making. Judd has got to think more sensibly and analyse each frame accordingly. Stephen Hendry on commentary wanted to say it but was holding back I think. Judd if you've got a big lead in the frame, knock a couple of balls safe and send the cue ball up behind the balk colours. But no Judd will simple take on a risky pot even by his high standards open up the pack so that a good player like Bingham can clear up.

Judd can win this match and the world championship but I won't be surprised if he doesn't because ffs what is with his thinking at these times. Sure you want to play aggressive snooker, we want you to as well, but there's a fine line between aggressive and stupid and last night from Judd it was on the stupid side.
                                Hi and welcome

I completely agree with your analysis on Trump's shot selection / decision making. He needs to tighten up his game and not go for the outrageos shots if the frame is not yet safe. It's just too risky and not good game play imo. Keep it tight and he'll probably win this year's WC!

Comment

Working...
                                X