• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by daffie View Post
    Shrink a bit...just how tall are you?!
    6ft 5inches mate.

Comment

• Fan-bloody-tastic!

How ironic that there wasn't so much as a tear shed, considering how he reacted to getting through to the quarter and semi-final. I thought he'd have been in bits.
      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
        Fan-bloody-tastic!

How ironic that there wasn't so much as a tear shed, considering how he reacted to getting through to the quarter and semi-final. I thought he'd have been in bits.
        I don't think he can believe it.

Comment

• You can't help but be pleased for Bingham, a good lad who's played great all the way through with a bit of ballrun.....lol, and put the time in over the years, seems it was scripted from the start and just meant to be.......great final and great for snooker to get other players noticed.
          Oh and nearly forgot great to see Jimmy in the background.......c'mon Jimmy your turn next year.......;-)

Comment

• What a final what a champion!! Wellworth staying up all night for!! 6am here in HK and i am off to bed happily XDDDDDD
            Night all
            a bad player who love cues

Comment

• Bingham did beat some good players this week and played well to close out all his matches including tonigh.

That hour plus frame changed the momentum imo.

Sad for murphy as I feel he played a deserving game.this season.

Think Ronnie does well in CoC and masters normally but as far as I know they don't count to money list as invitational events.

One of ronnie's wc's ranking has been replaced now with the money from this event. And with not entering all the events he will drop further I reckon.

Pleased for Bingham and family.
              Great photo at the end.

Comment

• Well time for bed for me.

Thanks everyone for a very enjoyable evening

Comment

• Brilliant stuff from both players , one of the best finals for me .

Lot of people on here not interested in it before a ball was struck , time to eat a bit of humble pie . Fantastic stuff .

If Murphy is an ambassador for the sport , then I would think that Bingham deserves that accolade as well .

Turns up to everything and more ......can't believe I was watching him from about 10ft away at my local club 2 months ago in a £200 a man tournament and then he goes and does that ....fabulous .

And I hope he breaks the Crucible curse and wins it next year .

On another note ......how can they ever think of taking away the world championship away from the Crucible , think Hendry summed it up for me .....Criminal if they ever did .
                  Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Congratulations Stuart Bingham.
                    Hard earned victory!
                    mind control > body control > cue control > ball control

Comment

• A few thoughts...

- Did any of you get the feeling that Murphy's two big shot attempts in that final frame had a bit of a 'to hell with it I'm gone anyway' go-for-broke feel to them? I got that sense about them immediately... the way he took those shots seemed to have a hopeless, cavalier approach to them.

- Kudos to Murphy for being so gracious in defeat. It's good to see when someone who clearly wants something but doesn't achieve it at a given time... can appreciate how much it means to the other person, and be happy for them in spite of their own loss.

- Congrats to Bingham!! I was fine with either one winning, but I'll almost always prefer a 'first time winner' over someone who's already won a given title.

- And lastly... I got a good chuckle when Bingham covered his wife's ears when the $300K pound winner's prize money was announced. "No shoe (or clothes) buying binge for YOU, Honey!!" *Laugh*

Comment

• Thought that was great when he put his hands over his wife's ears ....did have a chuckle as well .

Comment

• Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
                          6ft 5inches mate.
                          Holy crap...you are a big fella

Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
                          I don't think he can believe it.
                          Yeah looked liked he was in shock. Was rather looking forward to some tears...would have been nice

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                            Thought that was great when he put his hands over his wife's ears ....did have a chuckle as well .
                            not that it will make any difference in my experience.....it's the bank card he need's to try and hide.....lol

Comment

• Originally Posted by Atypical Male View Post
                              A few thoughts...

- Did any of you get the feeling that Murphy's two big shot attempts in that final frame had a bit of a 'to hell with it I'm gone anyway' go-for-broke feel to them? I got that sense about them immediately... the way he took those shots seemed to have a hopeless, cavalier approach to them.
                              Unfoortunately yes, he looked gassed and like he knew the match had slipped off his hands.

Comment

• But they are that good that they go for most pots . Massive belief in their own ability .

Comment

Working...
                                X