X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will be a tough match i guess
    mind control > body control > cue control > ball control

Comment

• Why is the BBC's red button option labelled 'Choose table' ?

Surely, now that they've deprived us of the table choice, it should say 'Table one' / 'Table two' depending on which (if any) table they're covering on terrestrial.
      Last edited by Billy; 23 April 2015, 03:11 PM.
      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Nice century by Trump to win it. His opponent
        played well.
        Murphy and Ding matches coming up in a
        few hours.

Comment

• Got to feel for McGill, that last frame should have been his. His face was a picture as Selby was mopping up those reds. He had his chance again though. Looking fowardrd to the conclusion of that one very much.

-
          The fast and the furious,
          The slow and labourious,
          All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Well don't know if he reads the forum but I commented on him having bad hair but now he spruced it up a bit since his first round n looks a bit slick like

Comment

• Someone at the BBC appears to have forgotten to put the score graphic up.

Oh, it appears to be on the blink, as they've just given us a shot of the arena's scoreboard.
              "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Ah what a shame about the black...great pink though! Love his demeanor around the table and his good spirit...just wonderful to see! Told you this could be a great match

Comment

• Oooh! Damn shame! What an anti-climax.

It's great to see a player smile like Anthony does, but I think he needs to stop allowing the crowd's reactions and warmth affect him like it does.
                  Last edited by Billy; 23 April 2015, 04:53 PM.

Comment

• What a chance wasted for McGill in that last frame, a simple black off the spot. He had done so well to get himself back into the frame from a very tricky position. There is a chance Selby comes out strongly tomorrow and takes control of the match now...

Looking forward to Higgins-Ding tonight, probably the best prospect of the 2nd round for me. :smile:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                      Oooh! Damn shame! What an anti-climax.

It's great to see a player smile like Anthony does, but I think he needs to stop allowing the crowd's reactions and warmth affect him like it does.
                      It's a fine line isn't it, great to see a bit of character, but he must be careful he doesn't end up distracting himself.
                      Seems to be doing OK so far though.

-
                      The fast and the furious,
                      The slow and labourious,
                      All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                        It's a fine line isn't it, great to see a bit of character, but he must be careful he doesn't end up distracting himself.
                        Seems to be doing OK so far though.
                        -
                        It is great - he's a thoroughly likeable character, but I think what I say in my last post cost him that frame. It wasn't the easiest of blacks, but he let the crowd's reaction to the cross double on the pink affect him.

Aside from that, I already have an ominous feeling about the Ding V Higgins match. I just sense Higgins will be too strong and that Ding will need Higgins to play poorly, in order to boost his own confidence and allow him to string some frames together.
                        Last edited by Billy; 23 April 2015, 06:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post

Looking forward to Higgins-Ding tonight, probably the best prospect of the 2nd round for me. :smile:
                          ding no match for higgins and trump also. easy win

Comment

• Its a best of 25 so I wouldnt count Ding out.
                            Murphy has all but wrapped up a win over
                            Hull.

Comment

• Is it possible to sleep without letting your head drop?

There's a guy in the front row of the audience - big fella in a blue t-shirt - whose eyes have been closed every time he's been in the camera's frame, yet his head remains upright suggesting he's not asleep.

Ding retreated firmly into his shell. I would dearly love to see him win a WC, but even I will agree he doesn't really deserve to win playing so negatively.

At this rate I suspect the 'nothing to lose' state of mind will soon be on Ding and he will relax enough to start potting, but as is usually the case when that happens, it will be too late by then.
                              Last edited by Billy; 23 April 2015, 08:39 PM.

Comment

• He's there each year...each match...each time sleeping (or seemingly so)

Comment

Working...
                                X