Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
    Originally Posted by montoya10 View Post
    He was on top of his game the whole last season and he didn't show up at Worlds. Maybe this is the time for the opposite of that to happen.
    Yeah. I'm to lazy to search it, but I have the feeling in the last years often some people got World Champion (or had good results in Sheffield) who hadn't been THAT great in the tournaments leading up to the World Championship. I could be wrong though.
    I have feeling that one person (can't recall who) only played in two events one whole season, then came to Sheffield and won?!
    :wink:
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
      I have feeling that one person (can't recall who) only played in two events one whole season, then came to Sheffield and won?!
      :wink:
      Well I thought to include Ronnie in my post, but then didn't.

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
        Well I thought to include Ronnie in my post, but then didn't.
        Speak of the Devil... :devilish: Just quarter of an hour to go. How do we feel about this one then? I suppose most won't give Mat much of a chance, but he was pretty solid against MJW who admittedly wasn't putting him under much pressure. Well here's hoping for a decent match at least, a Stevens win would be a lovely bonus, for me anyway, :nevreness: Any crumbs of encouragement out there?

-
        The fast and the furious,
        The slow and labourious,
        All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
          Any crumbs of encouragement out there?
          'Stranger things have happened' - that's about the best crumb I can offer you
          "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Speak of the Devil... :devilish: Just quarter of an hour to go. How do we feel about this one then? I suppose most won't give Mat much of a chance, but he was pretty solid against MJW who admittedly wasn't putting him under much pressure. Well here's hoping for a decent match at least, a Stevens win would be a lovely bonus, for me anyway, :nevreness: Any crumbs of encouragement out there?
            Tough one for Stevens. His win over O'Sullivan in Wales was his first in something like 10 years, and it was only a best-of-7. I don't think he is a strong enough player these days to beat O'Sullivan over three sessions. But you never know... :smile:

Comment

• Thanks guys, much appreciated.

-
              The fast and the furious,
              The slow and labourious,
              All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

-
                You'll be pleased to hear I believe in miracles, so yeah Stevens has a chance of toppling O'Sullivan.
                "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

• what a start by Stevens, good stuff.

Comment

• What a frame to win for Matthew...good job!

Comment

• Go Matthew!!!! I miss him seeing him live more often these days. There is something special about the way he plays, sometimes he makes shot I have never see others do. Would love to see him win

The second match is really of superb quallity, basically all frames won in one visit

Comment

• Yeah I'm switching over to the Hawkins Allen match for now...that one could have a tense/dramatic conclusion...

Comment

• Ronnie giving Steven's a boost with that show of frustration. . .seems to be on a knife edge.

Comment

• Even Mark Allen jumped a little hearing that bang from Ronnie. On a positive note...always good to see ROS out of sorts...go Matthew! Nice century from ROS though.

Comment

-
                              At least Matthew had a good start. Would be great if he could get a lead today. Still I think Stevens isn't good enough any longer to beat Ronnie over such a long distance. But I'm with you and hope for a Stevens-win.
                              Last edited by JimMalone; 25 April 2015, 07:10 PM.

Comment

• So centuries on both tables .... Allen vs Hawkins must be the best match of tournament so far I guess. Have not seen first session though

Comment

Working...
                                X