Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opinion on Ronnie declining the 147?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • He is a disgrace. If I'd had been in crowd I would have shouted some abuse at him and walked out, he's just a horrible little piece of gutter trash, a truly classless piece of work. Snookers in the pits that he can do what he wants, play when he wants and the games beholding to him, the time will come though when he's not around and he will be remembered for the disgrace he was to the game, talented yes but a disgrace to the game. Hendry buried him in 99 and 02 when past his best. You Ronnie loving clowns should remember that. As for Hearn, why he's condoning it for the free publicity I don't know, it's not as if anyone with a brain can't see through it. All you have to do is look at the posters for the Welsh Open, John Higgins is centre shot of all the pr stuff!!!!! Sums the state of the game up really!!!!!!! Going down the toilet, only China can save it now because snooker is finished in the uk. Just look at the snooker clubs and social clubs with tables that are closing down everywhere, the ones that are open are full of old boys, there's more money in darts and kids aren't playing the game anymore! In ten years it will be China or bust!!!!!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by SnookerFan View Post
      People keep mentioning this on Snooker Forums. I can't watch that link at work.

      What did he do, pass it to a different player to score? Why do he do it? Was it based on a bonus the scorer of the penalty gets?

      I know I'm being daft, I just wonder why it's comparable to this.
      Suarez was on a hat trick

      Comment


      • Barry Pinches will almost be as famous as Mick Price now
        After 15 reds and 15 blacks i did this http://youtu.be/DupuczMS2o4

        Comment


        • Originally posted by scottley View Post
          Barry Pinches will almost be as famous as Mick Price now
          Maybe yes...btw the same goes for Terry Griffiths and Bill Werbeniuk

          Comment


          • Originally posted by The Maestro View Post
            He is a disgrace. If I'd had been in crowd I would have shouted some abuse at him and walked out, he's just a horrible little piece of gutter trash, a truly classless piece of work. Snookers in the pits that he can do what he wants, play when he wants and the games beholding to him, the time will come though when he's not around and he will be remembered for the disgrace he was to the game, talented yes but a disgrace to the game. Hendry buried him in 99 and 02 when past his best. You Ronnie loving clowns should remember that. As for Hearn, why he's condoning it for the free publicity I don't know, it's not as if anyone with a brain can't see through it. All you have to do is look at the posters for the Welsh Open, John Higgins is centre shot of all the pr stuff!!!!! Sums the state of the game up really!!!!!!! Going down the toilet, only China can save it now because snooker is finished in the uk. Just look at the snooker clubs and social clubs with tables that are closing down everywhere, the ones that are open are full of old boys, there's more money in darts and kids aren't playing the game anymore! In ten years it will be China or bust!!!!!
            That's a proper rant, agree with a lot of your points though. You'd of been within your rights to walk out, but calling somebody classless and then saying you'd give him a mouthful is a little contradictory.

            Welsh open PR stuff-Higgins is defending champ, always going to be on the posters.
            Hendry beating Ronnie- No surprise, Hendry was a better winner than Ronnie, whether he had as much talent is a matter of opinion.
            State of the game- We will see, lots of clubs are closing, participation is lower. However in my opinion I don't see that bringing the standard of the UK's players down at all and this Chinese domination is overhyped.
            Last edited by tomwalker147; 16th February 2016, 12:26 PM. Reason: want to add something
            "just tap it in"

            Comment


            • Originally posted by tomwalker147 View Post
              Barry Hearn is an incredibly clever bloke, if he publicly slags Ronnie off the likelihood is he's pre warned Ronnie and it's a publicity stunt.
              Yes mate indeed, same for many walks of life, thats the world we live in.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by daffie View Post
                Oh I know. Point I was making is...how can the chairman of WPBSA make a statement like that? How can you come out and say one player is almost bigger than the entire sport? I mean, this strikes me as a completely disrespectful statement, especially in regards to all the other players.

                But maybe it's just me...
                I hear ya mate, take it all with a pinch of salt and a rub of Masters chalk lol.

                Comment


                • Always expect the unexpected with Ronnie and that's the reason he's the character he is (love him or hate him).

                  Anyway, what's to say he'd have made the 147 had he played for the black?...ok, I know it would have been very likely but something may have gone wrong (a few more nerves, a kick, an unexpected bounce) and if he had of failed there wouldn't have been a story whatsoever.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Leo View Post
                    Suarez was on a hat trick
                    So, just to clarify, Messi didn't come out afterwards and say he'd refused to put the ball in the net because there wasn't enough financial incentive for him to do so?

                    In that case, I don't see why people keep comparing the two.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by mikeyd100 View Post
                      I hear ya mate, take it all with a pinch of salt and a rub of Masters chalk lol.
                      Youbet...I always do

                      Trump is up next against McLeod...how's that for a clash of styles eh...

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by SnookerFan View Post
                        People keep mentioning this on Snooker Forums. I can't watch that link at work.

                        What did he do, pass it to a different player to score? Why do he do it? Was it based on a bonus the scorer of the penalty gets?

                        I know I'm being daft, I just wonder why it's comparable to this.
                        It was a different clip, one where messi scores by curling it in from well behind the goal. It's pretty ****ing cool, actually. Point is, one genius gets paid squillions and another gets jack ****.

                        But since when has life ever been fair?

                        Comment


                        • Just read on Twitter that Paddy Power have put up £61,000 if Ronnie can hit a maximum at this years Welsh Open, wouldn't it be just like him to get one now.
                          After 15 reds and 15 blacks i did this http://youtu.be/DupuczMS2o4

                          Comment


                          • Is that just for Ronnie or for anyone who hits one?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by pottr View Post
                              Is that just for Ronnie or for anyone who hits one?

                              That was the first thing i thought, as far as i can gather its just Ronnie, hardly fair.
                              After 15 reds and 15 blacks i did this http://youtu.be/DupuczMS2o4

                              Comment


                              • Ronnie will donate 11k to a charity of Paddy Powers choice and keep a cool 50k for himself should he get one.
                                After 15 reds and 15 blacks i did this http://youtu.be/DupuczMS2o4

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X