2017 World Championship - Main Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by screw-back View Post
    What a load of tosh. In reply to your points 1. referees have stood at the baulk since snooker has been on tv in the 70's so why change a tried tested and successful method? 2. if the ref has to point at someone in the crowd, there would be movement by the perpretator in putting the camera down and finally and most importantly, if the ref had not been standing behind selby, and more to the side, he would have clearly had the best view in this incident. Why did he ask selby if it hit?
    Obviously he asked Selby because he wasn't sure and snooker players are an honest lot.
    As for absolute tosh, well the reasons given seem fair enough?

Comment

• Originally Posted by alabadi View Post
      i recall the interview that Hendry did about this and all he said was in terms of how Robertson thinks when he was at the table, he didn't talk about technique change or how quick he plays all it was to do with is his thoughts when break building.

Robertson said something about he just pots the ball and not worry about the white too much. all Hendry said was that's Amateurish, and he should be planning where he wants the white for the next shot.

who knows if this has slowed Robertson down too much or is it just himself not being confident and trying too hard. what i have noticed is that he does walk round the table a bit too much trying to find the perfect position and this slows him down.
      That sounds silly, would Robertson really play without planing position for a white?Isnt that common sense for all the players?
      About the Selby's number of centuries, it proves that he is capable of it of course, and lets not forget that to have a chance to have a top number of breaks, you must go into the ending of tournaments hence the best players will play biggest number of matches and naturally have the biggest number of breaks.Also being capable of making centuries is a must for being a top player, so it goes in both directions

Comment

• It's not a load of tosh, it's fact. I know one of the assessors and that's what he told me. They changed it a few years ago for the reasons I gave you.

Comment

• Originally Posted by kibo View Post
          That sounds silly, would Robertson really play without planing position for a white?Isnt that common sense for all the players?
          it is, but i recall he said something like general area rather than a specific area , and this is why Hendry said it's amateurish

Comment

• Did Robertson win the worlds before or after he stopped playing "amateurish" snooker?

Comment

• Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
              Did Robertson win the worlds before or after he stopped playing "amateurish" snooker?
              before

he made the "100 centuries in one season" after the SH chat
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                before

he made the "100 centuries in one season" after the SH chat
                Well said hahaha

Comment

• Originally Posted by alabadi View Post
                  it is, but i recall he said something like general area rather than a specific area , and this is why Hendry said it's amateurish
                  Ronnie has said a few times that he plays for an area and can't play specific position for the next ball. Very interesting.
                  Steve Davis Technical Articles = https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...ilebasic?pli=1

Comment

• Selby is not as fluent as some but his safety is impenetrable, he eats pressure balls and
                    mentally he's a very, very hard nut to crack.

Comment

• Originally Posted by best1966 View Post
                      It's not a load of tosh, it's fact. I know one of the assessors and that's what he told me. They changed it a few years ago for the reasons I gave you.
                      Your response wasn't tosh. It's the assessor's reason that is.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                        Obviously he asked Selby because he wasn't sure
                        Yes, he asked Selby but that's the whole point, he asked because (as you said) he wasn't sure. How can you call it if your not sure? Wrong position and wrong call.

Comment

• Originally Posted by screw-back View Post
                          Yes, he asked Selby but that's the whole point, he asked because (as you said) he wasn't sure. How can you call it if your not sure? Wrong position and wrong call.
                          I think he was hoping Selby would own up to it not reaching therefore avoiding any discussion, to me it clearly doesn't reach otherwise it would be touching ball coz black doesn't move at all

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                            I think he was hoping Selby would own up to it not reaching therefore avoiding any discussion, to me it clearly doesn't reach otherwise it would be touching ball coz black doesn't move at all
                            Black moved.

Comment

• I'm glad nobody is dwelling on this, did it/didn't it move thing.

Comment

• Originally Posted by sealer View Post
                                Black moved.
                                Ha ha ha didn't accordingly to the footage

Comment

Working...
                                X