2018 World Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
    Another classic case of Higgins limiting the damage after struggling in the first half of the session. Looking forward to tonight. :smile:
    It shows his class to still only be 2 frames down when not at his best. The class players have a knack of staying on your heels even when not at their best and then coming good in another session.

It's gonna be an interesting final; hope the frames stay close throughout the match to add to the tension.
    Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
    Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
    Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

• Originally Posted by Hal View Post
      I think it was Dave Hendon mentioning couple times about planned press conference of Mark Williams after the match, regardless the result. Isn't Mark going to retire, is he? :-(
      He's going to announce he's adopted Jackson Page as his son and heir, purely to humiliate Darren Morgan.

Comment

• Blimey, never seen that before. Chatting to the players while they are backstage about to come out in a world final session
        www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

I think it was Dave Hendon mentioning couple times about planned press conference of Mark Williams after the match, regardless the result. Isn't Mark going to retire, is he? :-(
          I certainly hope it won't be retirement, but this is the most common reason for a press conference.

Comment

• He's said he'll do his press conference in the buff if he wins

Comment

• Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
              The great thing about this final is you don;t know who is going to end up the Champion.
              Williams has this, imho - but yes to your other comment about "Class" but I'd use words like Battlers or Matchplayers as opposed to the "potters" of today....

Comment

• John looks tense and uncomfortable. I think he is feeling the pressure more than Mark.
                "There has only ever been Alex Higgins, myself and now Ronnie O'sullivan who play the game the way it should be played with such excitement - I know the fans love it this way" - Jimmy White

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post

20 years ago, after the 1998 World Championship the rankings were those:
                  1. John Higgins
                  2. Stephen Hendry
                  3. Ronnie O'Sullivan
                  4. Ken Doherty
                  5. Mark Williams

20 years later it will look either:
                  1. Mark Selby
                  2. John Higgins
                  3. Ronnie O'Sullivan
                  4. Judd Trump
                  5. Mark Williams

or

1. Mark Selby
                  2. Ronnie O'Sullivan
                  3. Mark Williams
                  4. John Higgins
                  5. Judd Trump
                  Wow! Amazing :O

Comment

• Not good for the next gen of players though...

Shouldn't be seeing these lads in the final now.
                    Don't get me wrong, its nice to see.. But it shouldn't be happening..really!

The class of 92 won't ever be repeated.. Unfortunately..

Comment

• Can't believe John took on that double then. They are always risky and he's usually more cautious.
                      www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

• Why does getting up off the shot after an interruption, and preparing to play again, make one a 'consummate professional' ?

It's an instinctive reaction - hardly something you should need to teach someone.
                        "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Do not let ROS in the commentary box, he is ultra bad. The way he emphasizes on pronunciation is not natural quite often and he does not speak like that normally, I have seen enough interviews with him after he won a tournament to state that. And cliché after cliché .... let him stay in the studio, where he does fairly well. Not every good player will be a good commentator and it applies here in my opinion.

Comment

• I think a few shots by Williams could qualify for trick shots. He makes them so easily.

Comment

Do not let ROS in the commentary box, he is ultra bad. The way he emphasizes on pronunciation is not natural quite often and he does not speak like that normally, I have seen enough interviews with him after he won a tournament to state that. And cliché after cliché .... let him stay in the studio, where he does fairly well. Not every good player will be a good commentator and it applies here in my opinion.
                              Ditto for Steve Davis.
                              "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• If they share the next two frames and tommorow afternoon is even I could see it being a midnigher in the final session. If it remains tight I can see them both drilling down and it becoming a slug fest. I hope so because for the first time ever I've had to work this weekend and tomorrow so have missed all the afternoon sessions. I swapped shifts with someone months ago without realising.
                                www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

Working...
                                X