2019 World Snooker Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
    But..... aren't they the same tables as the Eurosport tournaments?
    they are the same templates as for ALL events Euro-China_BBC-ITV- anywhere
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Delphiwizard View Post
      Anyone noticed we are on page 147 of this thread?
      I asked worldsnooker on twitter how the hotels for players are arranged, if the players or managers have to do that themselves or if worldsnooker arranges that, but no answer.
      WS arranges accommodation/travel for the their staff, referees, back-office, set fitters, table fitters, lighting riggers, communication, movers, but players and hangers-on have to do their own

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
        they are the same templates as for ALL events Euro-China_BBC-ITV- anywhere
        Ha ha, yes I knew that. I was just intrigued to hear another potential conspiracy theory.

Comment

Ha ha, yes I knew that. I was just intrigued to hear another potential conspiracy theory.
          please no

now I believe the old BSCC did change the template many many years ago - but deffo BBC does not dictate the template nowadays!

Comment

• Fantastic start to the final, with one of the best sessions of the tournament so far. It was basically one-visit snooker. Hopefully the rest of the match is just as good. :smile:

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
              I guess each will have it different, just as they like it. I heard that Barry Hawkins always stays at a house outside of Sheffield to get his "head free of Snooker", when he hasn't a match.
              I bet they keep tight lipped about the location as well
              www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

• enjoyed that session, roll on 7pm

both "up for it" no jitters showing and no buckling - (early-days maybe)

Comment

But..... aren't they the same tables as the Eurosport tournaments?
                  There are outside tables and tv tables and the tv tables have bigger pockets because it's tv and they have to sell the game and you can't sell the game with players missing all the time, that's my twopenneth.
                  When I see the overhead camera view I can see that they're buckets compared to what I play on.

Come on Trump !!
                  Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                  but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• Originally Posted by MrRottweiler View Post
                    John Higgins is looking very well rested. I wonder where the players stay and if they have hidden away B&Bs or stay in hotels. I wouldn't like the idea of being woken up by drunk hotel guests stomping down the hallways.
                    Jimmy White used to stay at The Novatel. Few years ago Hazel, JP etc were at The Mercure.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
                      Jimmy White used to stay at The Novatel. Few years ago Hazel, JP etc were at The Mercure.
                      Do the players actually interact with eachother outside of the matches themselves?

Comment

• Originally Posted by snookerball View Post
                        Do the players actually interact with eachother outside of the matches themselves?
                        some do, soem dont.
                        some have said they like to be on their own, not many though

others actually travel together and I have seen a few walking around Cardiff centre together

one or two just don't want to mix, mention no names

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                          some do, soem dont.
                          some have said they like to be on their own, not many though

others actually travel together and I have seen a few walking around Cardiff centre together

one or two just don't want to mix, mention no names
                          I'm only asking because I remember Robertson saying in an interview shown early in the championship that he's enjoying playing snooker a lot more know he's got friends on the tour as opposed to his early days when he used to dissociate himself from others. I suppose it would depend on if they're likely to draw someone. Can't remember who off top off my head but remember two players at one of the tournaments (Worlds?) a few years ago drew eachother and were actually practise partners so had to set themselves up away from eachother for a while.

Comment

• yep, there are a few pairings you can say this about

Comment

• I remember last year Robert Milkins and Jack Lisowski shared a car to get back to Sheffield for their second round matches

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
                                I remember last year Robert Milkins and Jack Lisowski shared a car to get back to Sheffield for their second round matches
                                Dennis Taylor said in a BBC piece he had to give Terry Griffiths (and the trophy) a lift to the champions dinner after he beat him 24-16 in the 1979 final. Oh to be a fly on the wall in that car.

Comment

Working...
                                X