Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 World Snooker Championship

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by JimMalone View Post
    But as great as both are potting I'm somewhat disappointed that there are not more tactical battles. There's no real tension in this final so far.
    For once I don't care...and that's saying a lot.
    Last edited by daffie; 5th May 2019, 08:04 PM.

    Comment


    • Ha ha ha, behind the back! Incredible

      Comment


      • Originally posted by JimMalone View Post
        But as great as both are potting I'm somewhat disappointed that there are not more tactical battles. There's no real tension in this final so far.
        Just wait there will be some, surely they can't keep up this one-visit stuff all night?
        Up the TSF!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by DeanH View Post
          Just wait there will be some, surely they can't keep up this one-visit stuff all night?
          Not all weekend at any rate!

          Comment


          • If it carries on being close to the final session I think Judd will start showing the pressure before John does.
            www.mixcloud.com/jfd

            Comment


            • Having just about processed what I've just witnessed, I'm fairly sure Judd is keen to let John know he ain't gonna get bogged down like Neil Robertson did. It's not wise to play JH at his own game and he is a master at getting opponents to come over to the "Dark side" when he turns the grind on and pumps the pressure up.

              Judds gonna Need to complete his Jedi training in this match, I can't think of anything better for this sport than for Judd to win with some cool snooker along with some good tactical play too.

              John is the pinnacle of match play professionalism and it's gonna take something a bit special to beat that. I'm finding myself rooting big time for Judd now. He is just soooo good.
              sigpicNo cheap shots...well maybe the odd one if its funny...

              Comment


              • Originally posted by MrRottweiler View Post
                If it carries on being close to the final session I think Judd will start showing the pressure before John does.
                Can really see this going 18-17 either way.

                Also quite a good return for Higgins and Trump on the old bet on a final frame decider and play the last frame as real thing.

                Comment


                • I think some analogies can be drawn between snooker and tennis when it comes to one generation being transcendent. It's hard to compare eras, but it's safe to say that O'Sullivan, Higgins, Williams, and Selby are four of the top ten players ever, just like Federer, Nadal, Djokovic, and maybe Murray. And in both cases they keep on winning majors while the next generation patiently waits for them to retire so they can have a chance.

                  Some of these aren't perfect, but the general idea works.

                  Steve Davis ---> Rod Laver
                  Stephen Hendry ---> Pete Sampras
                  Ronnie O'Sullivan ---> Roger Federer
                  John Higgins ---> Rafa Nadal
                  Mark Williams, Mark Selby ---> Novak Djokovic
                  Neil Robertson, Shaun Murphy, Judd Trump ---> Andy Murray
                  Graeme Dott, Stuart Bingham ---> Stan Wawrinka

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by snookerball View Post
                    Can really see this going 18-17 either way.

                    Also quite a good return for Higgins and Trump on the old bet on a final frame decider and play the last frame as real thing.
                    I can see it being a one or two frame difference up to 15-15 and then one edges past the other by taking advantage of missed pots caused by the occasion to make it 18-15 maybe 18-16. I would love a deciding frame though. I want John to win but will be equally pleased if Judd wins and that makes watching it less tense. I had to keep leaving the room last night finding things to do in the kitchen and let the heart rate calm down
                    www.mixcloud.com/jfd

                    Comment


                    • 2019 World Snooker Championship

                      just seen this on twitter and had to think about it but love the hash tag at the end
                      (obviously Crucible years, well maybe ever....)


                      Did you know that nobody has ever become #WorldSnooker champion who didn’t have a name ending in S, N, O, K, E or R? Will @judd147t become the first? #NeedToGetOutMore
                      Last edited by DeanH; 5th May 2019, 08:31 PM.
                      Up the TSF!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by JimMalone View Post
                        But as great as both are potting I'm somewhat disappointed that there are not more tactical battles. There's no real tension in this final so far.
                        Happy now?
                        Up the TSF!

                        Comment


                        • I wish these two would switch to Taom chalk,we might get a decent standard then.


                          "You're not standing in my line of sight,but you are standing in my line of thought".

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Tim65 View Post
                            I wish these two would switch to Taom chalk,we might get a decent standard then.
                            Classic Tim - lolz!
                            sigpicNo cheap shots...well maybe the odd one if its funny...

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by DeanH View Post
                              just seen this on twitter and had to think about it but love the hash tag at the end
                              (obviously Crucible years, well maybe ever....)


                              Did you know that nobody has ever become #WorldSnooker champion who didn’t have a name ending in S, N, O, K, E or R? Will @judd147t become the first? #NeedToGetOutMore
                              Curious stat. Is it valid in any time or just Crucible Era?

                              Comment


                              • Well...Joe Perry just tweeted...Dott. So there goes that theory

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X