No announcement yet.

2019 World Snooker Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking at the draw, I picture Robertson vs Trump in the final tbh.

Comment

This years referees:
      Jan Verhaas, Leo Scullion, Olivier Marteel, Brendan Moore, Desislava Bozhilova, Paul Collier, Ben Williams, Marcel Eckardt, Colin Humphries, Rob Spencer.

Would have liked to see Peggy Li there as a second female referee there.

Comment

as Jan said in his tweet, there are 16 main referees and only 10 are required for the WSC main event, so 6 will always lose out - or in other words, get the time off to sit at home and watch it all on tv

un-related, now we are finally at the WSC main event, does that mean we don't have to see any more repeats of Jimmy White meets Mark Williams :wink:
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
          This years referees:
          Jan Verhaas, Leo Scullion, Olivier Marteel, Brendan Moore, Desislava Bozhilova, Paul Collier, Ben Williams, Marcel Eckardt, Colin Humphries, Rob Spencer.

Would have liked to see Peggy Li there as a second female referee there.
          Jan Verhaas has taken on a kind of Len Ganley status for me. He's one of those refs that makes a tournament feel complete.
          "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
            as Jan said in his tweet, there are 16 main referees and only 10 are required for the WSC main event, so 6 will always lose out - or in other words, get the time off to sit at home and watch it all on tv

un-related, now we are finally at the WSC main event, does that mean we don't have to see any more repeats of Jimmy White meets Mark Williams :wink:
            Yeah, I read his tweet and understand it. It would just have been a nice sign to have a second female referee here as well in times of gender equality. 3 of the 16 are females, so roughly 19 percent. 2 of 10 would have fitted better than 1 of 10 to that calculation.
            But that's not even the main point cause I think you should indeed treat all 16 equal regardless of their gender and just give the spots to the ten "best" referees. And I feel Li would have been more deserving than one or two of the referees (don't want to call names) who made the cut.

Comment

Yeah, I read his tweet and understand it. It would just have been a nice sign to have a second female referee here as well in times of gender equality. 3 of the 16 are females, so roughly 19 percent. 2 of 10 would have fitted better than 1 of 10 to that calculation.
              But that's not even the main point cause I think you should indeed treat all 16 equal regardless of their gender and just give the spots to the ten "best" referees. And I feel Li would have been more deserving than one or two of the referees (don't want to call names) who made the cut.

maybe it is by name in a hat?

At least one of may favs is there, Desislava

but one out of ten does seem a bit skewed

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

maybe it is by name in a hat?

At least one of may favs is there, Desislava

but one out of ten does seem a bit skewed
                Yes, it's good to see Desi will be in Sheffield.

Comment

Leo's first ever world final too.

Comment

Yes, it's good to see Desi will be in Sheffield.
                    Here we go again, men drooling over a pretty face rather than ability. I can already hear Dennis in commentary too!

Comment

Originally Posted by screw-back View Post
                      Here we go again, men drooling over a pretty face rather than ability. I can already hear Dennis in commentary too!
                      Well, I think she's one of the better ref's in the game.

Comment

Robertson or Judd for me. I don't think Ronnie has another WC in him. I think he will have one of those sessions where he really struggles and loses 5-8 frames on the trot and can't make a comeback.

Robertson looks really focused and determined. Wouldn't mind if he won.

Or possibly Selby will make us all look stupid and bludgeon the field into submission like the old days.

Comment

Off we go.

I wouldn't be surprised the least if Gould takes out the World Champion.

Comment

he has the ability to - snazzy chalk pouch as well

Comment

I agree...
                              The real question is; DidLi want to officiate in this years WC?
                              Apparently she does it out of pleasure and not nessecity. Maybe she's found other pleasure in life...
                              "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
                              National Snooker Expo
                              25-27 October 2019
                              http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

Originally Posted by the lone wolf View Post
                                I agree...
                                The real question is; DidLi want to officiate in this years WC?
                                Apparently she does it out of pleasure and not nessecity. Maybe she's found other pleasure in life...
                                Well, that certainly goes over my knowledge

Comment

Working...
                                X