Ronnie O Sullivan - Ali Carter - final

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
    Nice finish from O'Sullivan. He really got the most out of every session this week, except for the first one against Robertson. Carter was doing the same, especially against Maguire, but he must be disappointed to be behind here. It will be important not to let O'Sullivan get away tonight.
    Yes I agree...very very important not to give Ronnie the chance of running away with the match, especially at this rather early stage.

Comment

• Originally Posted by breakman16 View Post
      true, its just as well the fans dont moan all the time when games go scrappy, they realise there's more to snooker than century breaks, how old are you? Are you raised on centuries and one visit snooker??
      Im a 33year old man,with a right to air my opinion without being shot down quite so rudely,I never said anyone else opinion was wrong only that in my opinion for snooker to grow it has to appeal to more than just the snooker fan but general public and the way to do that would be for them to see a more expansive style of snooker thus attracting more sponsors and fans...again only my opinion though!
      H.b.142

Comment

• Ronnie to Win 18-9

Comment

• Originally Posted by Masterdoctorgenius View Post
          what a way to response to ali slow tactics

sublime clearance followed by perfect break of 141

think ronnie wants to finish it as quickly as possible

and the 5th frame to go 3-2 up after carter on a break of 42 missed a sitter could prove pivotal
          yeah I said that to my bro, that's the difference between 4 all and 5 3 of course!!

Comment

• I hope the 93 winds up on youtube. Somehow managed to miss it.

Wink wink.

Comment

• Originally Posted by lennon11 View Post
              Im a 33year old man,with a right to air my opinion without being shot down quite so rudely,I never said anyone else opinion was wrong only that in my opinion for snooker to grow it has to appeal to more than just the snooker fan but general public and the way to do that would be for them to see a more expansive style of snooker thus attracting more sponsors and fans...again only my opinion though!
              there's been lots of that though! I asked a question and you gave an answer is all, Lots of centuries and high scoring, more so than some tournaments of the past, it's too important a match to expect a high quality session with lots of breaks, it hardly ever happens in the world final, just the nature of the beast! Just be grateful you get the chance to watch the final live, every ball, unlike in some countries and that it happens to a reasonable hour for you to watch it!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Masterdoctorgenius View Post
                what a way to response to ali slow tactics

sublime clearance followed by perfect break of 141

think ronnie wants to finish it as quickly as possible

and the 5th frame to go 3-2 up after carter on a break of 42 missed a sitter could prove pivotal
                Well, this is exactly what Ali is trying to prevent by applying his tactics. So far it has worked...to a degree.

We all know that if Ronnie gets on a roll like the last 2 frames, then he is pretty much unstoppable.

Ali needs to comtinue doing what he did in the first 6 frames...

Comment

• Originally Posted by lennon11 View Post
                  I get your point, but this is a snooker forum, so, there is a fair chance that you'll run across a traditional snooker fan, not the ones the organizations try to attract. Turning snooker into something like darts will be a disgrace to the sport and I'm sure such a move would really draw public appeal. Drunken fans, shouting in the arena to the players, making quite a bit of noise, fifteen second shot clock and the game is greatly promoted!
                  So, in other words, you have the right to express the way you think, but my advise is don't set your expectations too high, as there are many true snooker fans who tend to disagree with your ideas in this forum (=

Note: I know you made no points about how snooker should be promoted, so, it looks like I've made the points up myself. So true, but, then again, you can only limit the adoption of a specific style by going way off the traditions of the sport and that's what I call a disgrace. It should be left as it has been.
                  Last edited by montoya10; 6 May 2012, 05:03 PM.
                  All the way Mark J!!

I understand nothing from snooker. - Dedicated to jrc750!

Winner of the German Masters 2011 Lucky Dip

Comment

• Originally Posted by breakman16 View Post
                    there's been lots of that though! I asked a question and you gave an answer is all, Lots of centuries and high scoring, more so than some tournaments of the past, it's too important a match to expect a high quality session with lots of breaks, it hardly ever happens in the world final, just the nature of the beast! Just be grateful you get the chance to watch the final live, every ball, unlike in some countries and that it happens to a reasonable hour for you to watch it!
                    Just wish ali had shown a little more intent to entertain even though it is a very important match.
                    H.b.142

Comment

• Those last two frames from Ronnie were pure class....... be interesting to see how Ali reacts and plays tonight!!
                      Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
                      Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

• Only an aggressive player stands a chance against Ronnie, this pot and play safe that Ali's playing does not stand a chance he needs to attack

Comment

• Originally Posted by DamienB View Post
                          Only an aggressive player stands a chance against Ronnie, this pot and play safe that Ali's playing does not stand a chance he needs to attack
                          He doesn't have that much firepower in his game, so, I don't expect him to be in an attacking mode. All he can do is to make the most out of his chances, not throw away leads and keep the pressure on O'Sullivan with consistently good safety play.
                          And so far, his break building was well off the mark to get this done.
                          All the way Mark J!!

I understand nothing from snooker. - Dedicated to jrc750!

Winner of the German Masters 2011 Lucky Dip

Comment

• Pressure off O'Sullivan for tonight's session. He can cruise on autopilot if necessary, and still win 2 or 3 frames.

Carter needs 4-4 bare minimum tonight. If Ronnie goes 10-6 ahead I can only see one result.

(well, I can only see one result anyway...)

Comment

• When will they start again?

Comment

• Originally Posted by TarHeel7703@yahoo.com View Post
                                When will they start again?
                                They resume at 7pm.....
                                Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
                                Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Working...
                                X