No announcement yet.

World Snooker Championships Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's got a good chance against Rod Lawler hasn't he? It'll be horribly tough to make it to the main draw but a 3rd qualification round would do

Comment

Congratulations to our Frazz. I watched most of the match but took a lunch break at 7-6 and came back and it was over, dammit!!

I think a pro ticket for 2013/14 would be a just reward. Hell of a potter, great technique, kept cool under pressure...just what we want in the pro ranks

Terry
      Terry Davidson
      IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Just had to book another hotel as Frazz is through to which I'm delighted with.
        He played top class match snooker to close out that match and as for the commentators supposedly saying he's
        only here to make up the numbers well that proves them wrong.
        Frasers been around for years and done a lot of hardwork for times like this.
        Plus the fact he's no sponsor and virtually wasn't gonna enter due to lack of funds.
        I think it makes him even more hungry to do well.
        Day off the mora and plays now on Tuesday will be a tough match again but I know he can do it.

Comment

Will Fraser Patrick get any ranking pionts because he never played in the pre-qualifiers
          Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

I'm very disappointed in Luca. He needs to work on his cue ball control and shot selection. Made some very stupid choices and ran out of position to much. Fraser Patrick played very good, he has a good temperament.
            Box the chimp.

Comment

well done fraser. i went to the qualifiers and was watching the first part of that match. fraser played solid snooker first session was 4-0 although Brecel came back at him he kept his nerve and played well to claim a good victory , well done. lets hope he can get into round 3 now.

Comment

Does Jimmy White have a good chance of beating Tian Pengfei? How is his form? Any ideas?

I would like to see him win this match . . .
                My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Originally Posted by trains View Post
                  I wonder should or would World Snooker offer Fraser Patrick a place on the 2013/14 tour sparing him the bother of Q School on the strength of his performances this season - about to be 9-6 - particularly as there doesn't seem to be many good continental European players they might invite instead,no one's said anything on whether Q School participants this year who don't get one of the 12 places will be invited to play in tournaments next season.
                  I thought the commentator on the Patrick/Brecel match (I forget, maybe Mark Johnston-Allen) and then Dave Hendon during tonight's match Advani/Swail both said Fraser Patrick will be on the main tour next year - although neither said how he'd qualified ... he sure deserves too, he looks like the "mustard" ...

What a great day's viewing ... first Patrick/Brecel and then Advani/Swail ... both great matches thoroughly enjoyed them both although it's a slight shame Advani seemed to give up for the last few shots ... the match deserved a decider but nevertheless well done to the Outlaw and Frazz ...

Comment

Appoligies if i've missed this info already but is there a link where I can just view the results of the qualifiers as they happen?
                    "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally Posted by DandyA View Post
                      I thought the commentator on the Patrick/Brecel match (I forget, maybe Mark Johnston-Allen) and then Dave Hendon during tonight's match Advani/Swail both said Fraser Patrick will be on the main tour next year - although neither said how he'd qualified ... he sure deserves too, he looks like the "mustard" ...

What a great day's viewing ... first Patrick/Brecel and then Advani/Swail ... both great matches thoroughly enjoyed them both although it's a slight shame Advani seemed to give up for the last few shots ... the match deserved a decider but nevertheless well done to the Outlaw and Frazz ...
                      Thanks,its strange or funny depending on your outlook that World Snooker issued the 2012/13 Qualifying Criteria on 20th March 2012 yet they're still schtum on the 2013/14 when its a new system going into the unknown with flat 128's and the small matter of these qualifiers.
                      I agree Pankaj Advani is possibly a little too cautious at times although he has a great temperament and knack of getting out of trouble but the tactic's side only works so long against good players so he'll probably have to adopt a slightly more attacking approach over longer matches.

Comment

Originally Posted by Maverick54 View Post
                        Appoligies if i've missed this info already but is there a link where I can just view the results of the qualifiers as they happen?
                        This is a very good site http://snooker.org/res/index.asp?template=22&event=225 covers every tournament as well.
                        "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

Originally Posted by willtyson View Post
                          This is a very good site http://snooker.org/res/index.asp?template=22&event=225 covers every tournament as well.
                          Thats great Will thanks mate. Nice to see Tony Knowles name there on the score sheet in round 2.
                          Last edited by Maverick54; 8 April 2013, 11:51 AM.
                          "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

Just noticed Jimmy White has gone 5-4 down. Match info says it's best pf 25. Thought qualifiers were best of 19?

Comment

Yeah I saw that......

Must be a typo cause I'm pretty sure there are still the best of 19.
                              Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
                              Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

https://twitter.com/WorldSnooker1/st...12204441542657

Comment

Working...
                                X