Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will potting angles change with the use of stun, follow or screw?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by pottr View Post
    I think you're confusing 'line of aim' with the 'angle of the pot'

Is you're half snookered and you swerve a ball around another to pot a ball... The line of aim drastically alters but the angle of the pot is a mathematical constant.
    Lol. Nope.

Comment

Originally Posted by ace man View Post
      Dear Mr. Big. what results? Dr Dave video that you posted a link off shows some experiments which happen to work on his home table.
      It isn't a scientific experiment by any means because a human player is striking the ball. It should be a machine. There are no numbers, no math. He didn't even mention Newtons 3rd law, frictions...etc. Need I go on?
      You cannot seriously believe that such videos can be valuable instruction material. Even to pool players.
      Absolutely they are. I'm sorry but you can't be much of a pool player without having an intimate knowledge of spin.

Ps, it wasn't me that linked the video - just some plain old regular ton maker instead.

Comment

At least I am in good company. I somehow managed to raise the ire of Mr. Big in the defense of Dr. Dave.

Comment

Never heard of him. Find the quote where I say that and I'll wire you some money

Whatever, I'm a much better player than you at every cue sports discipline so I don't really care... This is the internet, not real life... I imagine you'd simmer down pretty quickly if you weren't hidden behind your anonymity and your keyboard.

Well, if you use the word FACT, it must be right

That video explaining the cut/throw... Never seen it before, interesting... And absolute clap trap... The guy cues straight when he wants to and misses when he wants to... Also, it's edited...

Christ, at least when I post a video it's warts and all... Given a day and some editing I could prove anything.
          Yeah, you could prove you're level game with 11 times world champion Jim rempe, anorl.

Did someone say this is the internet?

Comment

Originally Posted by acesinc View Post
            At least I am in good company. I somehow managed to raise the ire of Mr. Big in the defense of Dr. Dave.
            No ire here mate - just mirth at ignorance and denial.

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
              Nick Barrow showed this with his potting machine, an eye opener for me, so I tried to play all my shots a little bit thinner at my next practise, couldn't work it out the margin was so small, went back to natural aiming and they started going in again.
              The eyes/brain adapt automatically. We ain't necessarily aiming where we think we are, and the aiming line does not take account of collision induced throw (which is what nic's machine illustrates).

Comment

Originally Posted by VillaGuy View Post
                This is just Americans in general I think, if you're in the US and pick up a newspaper and go through the sports sections all you see is statistical analysis, it's a totally different way of reporting.

Don't be ridiculous. This is hard for some to accept but the brutal truth of the matter is snooker is stuck in the dark ages.

Stick to falconry mate.

Comment

Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
                  Don't be ridiculous. This is hard for some to accept but the brutal truth of the matter is snooker is stuck in the dark ages.

Stick to falconry mate.
                  Sorry, but what was the point or even the need for that comment? Have you got some kind of diagnosed syndrome?

Comment

King James... What an absolute gentleman he is.

Very fond memories of playing him at the old Central club in Hinckley for the day... No American pool table or I am sure I would have had my ass handed to me even worse than I did at snooker which was bad enough.

He had a pair of three figure scores against me over the course of the day and with a cue with a 20005 mm tip on the end to boot... I was only about 14/15... pleasure to field for the great man. Never hear me say I was in his class.

Anyway Big time... Trevor's axiom, lol

I'm going to ignore you now... I look forward to your coaching videos or where you actually reveal anything about yourself away from your life as a keyboard warrior x
                    Last edited by pottr; 9 December 2016, 03:01 PM.

Comment

O how I wish I lived in a frictionless world, but that is a slippery slope.

Comment

O how I wish I lived in a frictionless world, but that is a slippery slope.
                        Very sharp, Slasher

Comment

King James... What an absolute gentleman he is.

Very fond memories of playing him at the old Central club in Hinckley for the day... No American pool table or I am sure I would have had my ass handed to me even worse than I did at snooker which was bad enough.

He had a pair of three figure scores against me over the course of the day and with a cue with a 20005 mm tip on the end to boot... I was only about 14/15... pleasure to field for the great man. Never hear me say I was in his class.

Oh no? Ring any bells?

Quote Originally Posted by pottr View Post
                          No, it says I can compete with them at pool...

Neither of them could cope with me at snooker and I'm not elite.

I more than held my own with Jim Rempe too.
                          So, you've lost the argument and are now running away.

Comment

The OP is still here.

Pottr pm me yesterday giving me some advice and apologised for the discussion going off tangent, though it's not his fault and I enjoy the banter anyway. Good man.

But this topic is becoming as controversial as the dominant eye theory or which ball to look at when striking the white.

Comment

Originally Posted by VillaGuy View Post
                              Sorry, but what was the point or even the need for that comment? Have you got some kind of diagnosed syndrome?

Yeah, i can spot bullshiiitters a mile off pal.

Was there any need for:

This is just Americans in general I think,

Comment

If your brain can't work out where to hit the object ball, cue sports aren't for you, that's all there is to it. Players who say I can't see where to hit it( I did it as well when Terry told me) are wrong, they can see where to hit it, they just can't hit it where they want.
                                This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                                https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Working...
                                X