Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will potting angles change with the use of stun, follow or screw?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Slasher View Post
    The longer you play the game the more these subtleties go unnoticed, the brain likes to compensate so as to not drive us insane, anyone remember the fellow that wore upside down glasses for a few weeks?
    Actually, the longer i play the more i notice them. Wish I'd never heard of gearing though - can't stop missing balls with that now lol.

The real discussion here should be whether ignorance is bliss.

Comment

Originally Posted by pottr View Post
      I won more than I lost against him at pool (not American pool) He battered me at snooker and if we had played American pool at any stage I assume my hiding would have been severe.

I don't see how recalling memories in my life could construed as an argument. For what it's worth, a 32 year old me would absolutely annihilate a 14 year old me who was a 50/60 break player back then.

Sorry... a ridiculously good looking 50/60 break player
      Modest, too.

Comment

Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
        Actually, the longer i play the more i notice them. Wish I'd never heard of gearing though - can't stop missing balls with that now lol.

The real discussion here should be whether ignorance is bliss.
        I think it is, and the game is being played now where side is less relevant. Compared to the 80's, players these days like to be more measured in their approach with better position due to weight of shot rather than reliance on side, mitigates the concerns that this debate is based on (self doubt)

Comment

'Everything you wanted to know about snooker but were too scared to ask a pool player?'

When's the book coming big shat? :biggrin-new:
          Last edited by Big Splash!; 9 December 2016, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Will potting angles change with the use of stun, follow or screw?

love the panto comment

Comment

Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
              'Everything you wanted to know about snooker but were too scared to ask a pool player?'

When's the book coming big shat? :biggrin-new:

You've been quiet - everything ok?

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                I would reply but you wouldn't see it
                My friend , how in the name of lord can you call sumthing like that : Ignore List ??

Ignore List means, once i hit the Ignore List button, i should be invisible for you, other Mods ( and hopefully ADR as well).

anyway, i turned it back. I kind of enjoy your posts as well as other members. thx for info.

gonna watch the video slasher uploaded . i may learn sumthing new , who knows.

Comment

Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
                  You've been quiet - everything ok?
                  Been busy hitting the numbers bud.

Comment

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
                    Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                    I would reply but you wouldn't see it
                    My friend , how in the name of lord can you call sumthing like that : Ignore List ??

Ignore List means, once i hit the Ignore List button, i should be invisible for you, other Mods ( and hopefully ADR as well).

anyway, i turned it back. I kind of enjoy your posts as well as other members. thx for info.

gonna watch the video slasher uploaded . i may learn sumthing new , who knows.

I should have put more smilies as it was in jest.
                    I thought Ignore means you no longer see that person's posts or PMS etc. Not the other way round.
                    Last edited by DeanH; 9 December 2016, 09:28 PM.
                    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

I should have put more smilies as it was in jest.
                      I thought Ignore means you no longer see that person's posts or PMS etc. Not the other way round.
                      Yeah, i got it. thanks.

I think my suggestion comes more near to the Ban list.

well in this case , I may be better off by just leave it that way and do'nt mess up with any button after all.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Slasher View Post
                        I'll just leave this hear to rile up the anti science crowd.
                        https://youtu.be/-jUL_8aZ2LU
                        My friend , i watched this video.

The potting angle doesn't change when striking the cue ball up and down the vertical centre unless of course you bounce the cue ball on an angled pot, get a kick or don't cue straight.

Vmax already mentioned this and i agree with him 100 prct .

Except once the angel is 90 degrees. that would be abit diff, imo. I am not gonna discus that here, cuz we gonna way off the topic).

As for the video ,
                        What I can see from this video, He aims abit thicker, he does center ball striking and he miss the pott .
                        Once he uses English (I assume that's SIDE spin ? ), He pott the ball. This is true, the side spin will transfer to the OB and change his path to the pocket.

Am I missing something here ?

This could be different though.
                        As the condition on snooker table and pool table are not the same. not to mention the distance between CB and OB?

anyway, I'm gonna send your video to a coach ( he is one of the best ) and ask his opinion . Sumthing i do for my own tbh. just in case
                        there is more and i miss it . can do no harm to learn sumthing new !!

interesting topic.
                        Last edited by Ramon; 10 December 2016, 05:00 AM.

Comment

• Someone needs to set up a top down camera running at high speed to get a proper analysis of cut or side induced throw, so you can see the contact point of the 2 balls, work out the line the OB should take and any deviation from that line.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                            Someone needs to set up a top down camera running at high speed to get a proper analysis of cut or side induced throw, so you can see the contact point of the 2 balls, work out the line the OB should take and any deviation from that line.
                            That would be good, especially played on a snooker table, something similar to the pool video so a 9 foot pot to a corner pocket. Maybe Mr BS or Slasher could post a video.

Comment

• Originally Posted by markz View Post
                              That would be good, especially played on a snooker table, something similar to the pool video so a 9 foot pot to a corner pocket. Maybe Mr BS or Slasher could post a video.
                              sorry I don't have my table anymore nor a high speed camera.

There are some here
                              http://billiards.colostate.edu/high_...eos/HSV4-6.htm

http://billiards.colostate.edu/high_...eos/HSV4-9.htm

http://billiards.colostate.edu/high_...eos/HSV4-8.htm

this is a good one to see tip contact duration, really shows the very short time/distance.
                              http://billiards.colostate.edu/high_...ew/HSVA-56.htm
                              Last edited by Slasher; 10 December 2016, 12:11 AM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Slasher View Post
                                First vid, pause it at the exact time the balls connect, or as close as you can, then put a straight edge along the bottom of the 2 balls and watch the object ball travel along it.

Comment

Working...
                                X