Project Snooker Shed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post

Waiting for trusses, all framing done and wrapped in breathable membrane and batons on. Log board for outside got delivered today. Hopefully trusses should be here next week, we were told 2 weeks but it's been three now, they are really holding us back. We might have sneaked in before crimbo if they had turned up on time.
    I can't be bothered putting up pictures the way the site is just now.
    Sounds like great progress nonetheless. I'm not started on build just yet, so to me, your place is envious! Totally get frustration waiting for materials won't feel that way for you just now

Comment

• Originally Posted by NonStarter View Post

Sounds like great progress nonetheless. I'm not started on build just yet, so to me, your place is envious! Totally get frustration waiting for materials won't feel that way for you just now
      Got a phone call today, trusses won't be here until January, proper downer. They are running behind and shut next week until new year.
      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Got a phone call today, trusses won't be here until January, proper downer. They are running behind and shut next week until new year.
        Feel for you mate. Even though it's not far away, that must be frustrating.

What type of roof have you gone for? Have you looked elsewhere for the trusses?

Comment

• Assuming they will be custom made..

That’s really annoying!! But good things come to those who wait

Comment

Keep ya chin up mate! You still have access to a table to play currently right? Just remember, as a kid xmas cant come soon enough, but once it comes its over.... try to enjoy the whole process, warts and all because its all part of the journey, once its built and done it should be happy days for ever and you will never forget how you got there...
            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• I had a similar inconvenience with my table refurb, part way through when COVID struck and everywhere shut down for months... As CC says, just makes you appreciate it more when it all comes together!

Comment

• Regardless of Covid ,the building trade pretty much closes down this time of year anyway .Once Christmas is out the way the build will be going up faster than you realise .

Comment

• Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post
                  The last jobs outstanding now are:

Pimp up the silver slide in cushion bolt covers with a Riley Aristocrat logo?
                  Steve,

Just discovered this thread, amazing project!

I you ever manage to get these Riley badges, I would very much like to know where/how you got them.

As it happens, I finished building my snookershed just when you started yours although I know my limitations and got the table fitter to install the table!

I've also got an old Aristocrat and I've been looking to add some Riley logo / badge but don't know where to get them.
                  I don't live in the UK so that doesn't make it any easier I guess.

Cheers!

Comment

• Originally Posted by mikee View Post
                    Regardless of Covid ,the building trade pretty much closes down this time of year anyway .Once Christmas is out the way the build will be going up faster than you realise .
                    I wish that were true Mikee! The building trade is usually the busiest this time of year as everyone wants work doing before Xmas!

Comment

• Originally Posted by nocciola View Post

Steve,

Just discovered this thread, amazing project!

I you ever manage to get these Riley badges, I would very much like to know where/how you got them.

As it happens, I finished building my snookershed just when you started yours although I know my limitations and got the table fitter to install the table!

I've also got an old Aristocrat and I've been looking to add some Riley logo / badge but don't know where to get them.
                      I don't live in the UK so that doesn't make it any easier I guess.

Cheers!
                      Glad you’ve enjoyed it! Thanks for the positive comment.

No joy yet on the badge, I did contact Riley themselves months ago but no response, you might be better asking the table fitter? They might come across them or know someone? I was probably just going to have some custom vinyl graphics made up for mine and stick onto the slide-in wood covers to finish it off?!

Comment

• I had a badge made up of brass for my table as most of the BCE ones were not very good and had worn out ,mine came with adhesive back and was about 30 quid from an online company .You design it yourself on the screen and get it a week later in post .jobs a good un .

Comment

• It's becoming apparent, finding someone to install one of these is a headache! Most places I have contacted to get quotes talk down the sellers, probably to get you to buy off them. And others want ?400-600 just to install!

Comment

• 400-600 is ridiculous! I spent 2 maybe 3 hours tops fitting mine! Granted I’m probably at a slight advantage with a plumbing & carpentry background but I would have thought anybody who can follow instructions should take no longer than 1day. If you can’t get someone less than 150 quid I would just fit it yourself! Just make sure you get the pre-gassed option for DIY installation.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post
                              400-600 is ridiculous! I spent 2 maybe 3 hours tops fitting mine! Granted I’m probably at a slight advantage with a plumbing & carpentry background but I would have thought anybody who can follow instructions should take no longer than 1day. If you can’t get someone less than 150 quid I would just fit it yourself! Just make sure you get the pre-gassed option for DIY installation.
                              The problem is the warranty. Apparently you are only covered if fitted by an F Gas installer. On top of that, since ordering the 18000 BTU unit I'm getting emails to ask for the installer details before they'll ship!

https://www.appliancesdirect.co.uk/p...ir-conditioner

Comment

• https://www.appliancesdirect.co.uk/p...CABEgJoPfD_BwE

Comment

Working...
                                X