Project Snooker Shed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
    Had building inspector round this morning, all systems go. He's happy with everything we've done , we have taken loads of pictures as we went along and sent them to him to show the different steps, I don't know if it helped but it can't do any harm. We won't see him again until he signs the shed off. Unless deliveries are slowed down with covid we could be in by first week in December. I can't wait. The sheds ended up six inches wider and longer , not complaining and inspector wasn't bothered.
    Thats great news mate, hopefully you can post some pics on here as you get under way.
    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• 6” bigger!! Aye... because it just wasn’t BIG enough!! Lol

Comment

Had building inspector round this morning, all systems go. He's happy with everything we've done , we have taken loads of pictures as we went along and sent them to him to show the different steps, I don't know if it helped but it can't do any harm. We won't see him again until he signs the shed off. Unless deliveries are slowed down with covid we could be in by first week in December. I can't wait. The sheds ended up six inches wider and longer , not complaining and inspector wasn't bothered.
        I take it yours is a brick built?

It just threw ,me for a bit whilst reading about Steve's timber frame building as I am looking to do one and then I saw building inspector and gulped..............
        Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
        Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
        Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Great news about the inspection getting through this stage. What dimensions have you ended up with? I'm just in the process of getting detailed drawings now that the basic dimensions are agreed with the architect

Comment

• Originally Posted by NonStarter View Post

Great news about the inspection getting through this stage. What dimensions have you ended up with? I'm just in the process of getting detailed drawings now that the basic dimensions are agreed with the architect
            17 ft 6 x 33 ft 6, I swear it gets bigger every time I look at it. Roughly 54-55 sq metres I think.
            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

17 ft 6 x 33 ft 6, I swear it gets bigger every time I look at it. Roughly 54-55 sq metres I think.
              I'm going for roughly 28ft x 19ft (8.6m x 5.75m) externally.

Comment

• Originally Posted by NonStarter View Post

I'm going for roughly 28ft x 19ft (8.6m x 5.75m) externally.
                Those are internal measurements for ours. It will also be 2.5 metres to the eaves and 3.9 metres to the peak.
                At this rate the shed snooker league is going to be bigger than the main tour lol.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post

I take it yours is a brick built?

It just threw ,me for a bit whilst reading about Steve's timber frame building as I am looking to do one and then I saw building inspector and gulped..............
                  Timber built , the building control fella has been spot on. At least we know we have built it right and no one can complain about it. in the grand scheme of things it's not expensive to get them involved and the engineer and him sorted it all out for us and we just have to follow the instructions. They seemed very strict with the founds and floor but are happy to let you crack on with the build after that.

Comment

Those are internal measurements for ours. It will also be 2.5 metres to the eaves and 3.9 metres to the peak.
                    At this rate the shed snooker league is going to be bigger than the main tour lol.
                    Well that’s the ‘Crucible’ shed sorted!! What’s your seating capacity??

Comment

Timber built , the building control fella has been spot on. At least we know we have built it right and no one can complain about it. in the grand scheme of things it's not expensive to get them involved and the engineer and him sorted it all out for us and we just have to follow the instructions. They seemed very strict with the founds and floor but are happy to let you crack on with the build after that.
                      It’s always best to keep them on side!

Comment

Haha you win the size contest! 7760 x 5000 internal mine is going to be. But, cement blocks, so the big bad wolf can't get in! Going for a sloped/pent roof. Just waiting on the internal height to be confirmed once the engineer has designed the roof. I'm hoping it should be 220-230 which is plenty.

Comment

• Have a look at this table/room guys, gotta love it. Some people will do anything for a snooker room....:biggrin:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Full-Size....c100005.m1851
                          Last edited by Cue crafty; 17 November 2020, 08:41 PM.
                          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Shouldn’t laugh... but :tears_of_joy:

Comment

• Hope he had strong grass keeping that level ,

Comment

• Steve, how is the 12000 BTU heater standing up to the winter months?

Comment

Working...
                                X