Project Snooker Shed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    I think it looks great Steve ,and it’s more than a shed so yeah I would paint and or paper if it it were me ,stick up a couple of shelves and few snooker pics .Hows all the damp proofing working out now it’s had nearly a year up ,hope all is holding dry
    Its bone dry! The gravel stops the rain from bouncing higher up the side walls, the strategically placed skirt board around the bottom is hiding a protective layer of membrane which now stops the bottoms of the boarding from getting wet! I think I might add some guttering at stone point to catch the main bulk and direct it into a water butt. So yeah it seems good! I’ve drilled holes at the eaves to let air into the roof space and vents at the apex to let the hot air back out, swapped the rockwool in the roof for 50mm insulation board to give the air gap, this should prevent any mould growth etc.. Hopefully I’ll get a good 10 years from it before I have to replace the roof felt, and hopefully the main structure holds together until I pop my clogs!

Comment

• Here’s a close up of the skirt board, it’s treated timber so will take much better weathering!

Here’s the vents at the eaves. There wire mesh on the inside to stop the bugs and flies from getting into the roof!

Comment

• Superb job Steve.
        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Its great these days that no one needs a long butt, you can fit a push fit extendable extn to the rest and use the screw in on your cue so you only need rest hooks either end really. You can keep a nice clean look to the side of the table.
          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
            Its great these days that no one needs a long butt, you can fit a push fit extendable extn to the rest and use the screw in on your cue so you only need rest hooks either end really. You can keep a nice clean look to the side of the table.
            I’ve fitted chrome rest hooks at either end and then on one side for the long extended x rest that I’m going to order. It’ll be on the opposite side of the table from where you come in through the door, so it looks nice a neat. As you say, nobody uses the long tackle anymore?? Except maybe VMax!! Lol

Comment

• Looking great Steve! Enjoy it mate. I speak from experience when I say that all the hard work is rewarded when you just walk in to play on your own table each day.

Personally I would paint the walls, it finishes it off nicely and when you put up some snooker related pictures they'll look better against the painted wall. I dry lined mine, painted and made skirtings too! It feels really homely in there. I've got a few pictures up so far, my favourite are images of Jimmy's and Ronnie's 147s

Comment

• Time to sort out the table heating!!

Firstly I cut a sheet of 25mm insulation to match the dimensions beneath the table, next I cut a length off the roll of carbon heat mat. The kit came with some heat mat connectors that crimp onto the copper strip.

Comment

• Once the connections are in place I cut a little recess into the insulation board so it sat flat across the top surface that heats the slate. Finally the mat is held in place with foil tape and I then connected the mat to make sure it works before the final installation!

Comment

• Simples!!..

The mat can be controlled via a WiFi app so I can turn this on when I’m on my way home from work and the table will be ready to go when I get back!

Total cost ?220

Comment

• very ingenious Steve, where did the idea come from?

Look forward to hearing whether it speeds the table/cloth up much.
                      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• I think Star and Wikira have heating slabs very similar, but well done with the ingenuity
                        Last edited by DeanH; 14 November 2020, 05:56 PM.
                        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• I really like that Steve, we have heated pads for the table but that looks neater I think.
                          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                            very ingenious Steve, where did the idea come from?

Look forward to hearing whether it speeds the table/cloth up much.
                            I’m taking no credit for this concept what so ever, if you want to buy a similar system for yourselves then check out Hotwire snooker table heating.... For me though keeping this a totally DIY build was important and taking what is out there and trying to improve it and personalise it for my own benefit was definitely the way to go!

Comment

• Quick snap to show them in place... as you can see they sit tight up to the slate and are held in place with several modesty blocks.

Comment

• i do love simple practical ideas, that's brilliant.
                                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Working...
                                X