No announcement yet.

The next British Heavyweight World Champion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another pointless workout that they could of done in the gym. we see josh aint getting any younger, but i hope love gets a warm holiday out of his purse

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
      another pointless workout that they could of done in the gym. we see josh aint getting any younger, but i hope love gets a warm holiday out of his purse
      Boxing's so corrupt these days, so many World Champions and no World Champion
      It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
        At the end of the day people can say Joshua hasn't fought this person or that person but what you've got to remember is he punches like a machine and wether he's in their with fury or Wladimir his punches will do some serious damage.
        Yeah i agree - I can see he has been working on the one two - quick jab with the left then boom overhand right - very quick and powerful combination that one - good ko of a reasonably durable opponent who recently went 12 rounds with Shannon Briggs. Although not really any threat at all

Antony fighting Kevin Johnston next - I am thinking of going to watch that one but I cant see it lasting too long - so waiting to see what undercard Hearn puts out -Johnston does not see it that way he never been stopped and was watching this fight - he reckons he will have an easy fight against Joshua.
        Last edited by Byrom; 11 May 2015, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
          Yeah i agree - I can see he has been working on the one two - quick jab with the left then boom overhand right - very quick and powerful combination that one - good ko of a reasonably durable opponent who recently went 12 rounds with Shannon Briggs. Although not really any threat at all

Antony fighting Kevin Johnston next - I am thinking of going to watch that one but I cant see it lasting too long - so waiting to see what undercard Hearn puts out -Johnston does not see it that way he never been stopped and was watching this fight - he reckons he will have an easy fight against Joshua.

He's just talking the talk, he's a durable pudding who'll turn up with a spare tyre around his waste.

Tyson Fury is fighting Wlad in Wlads next defense, Tyson toughest opponent so far has been Derek Chisora this tells you all you need to know about boxing these days

Wibble

Comment

I like Tyson Fury - makes me laugh - and he at least tries to entertain a good combination puncher with fast hands and a big jab - got lousy footwork like most big plodding heavyweights of this size and he has a suspect chin - but he also has heart so it should be interesting to see if he can do ok.

I don't think he can beat klich though - he is too strong, just as quick and has a better defence and strong jab himself.

Interestingly - I like to see how these three matched up in sparring - I believe an 18 year old Joshua sparred with Fury when he was pro and battered him senseless according to Tyson himself and a more mature Joshua more than held his own against Klitch according to the fighters who saw it.

I think Tyson is in it for the pay day - or he could have taken the easier option-route of Detonay Wilder - who he can always fight after the big one -
            but hope he does well - makes me smile and certainly livens up the division. I agree though rivalries make a sport what it is and there just ain't been the same rivalries in the heavyweight division as there used to be during the Ali era.

Should be interesting times ahead though - remember when Mike Tyson kept knocking people out - cool
            I think with David Price Haye and another new kid and Dylan White coming through the domestic heavyweight scene is getting stronger in UK - but I really want to see the big one for me - I was there for the Lewis v Bruno match up and will be there when Joshua v Haye as well
            Last edited by Byrom; 11 May 2015, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Anyone who batters anyone senseless in sparring should be told they're not training properly. I like Joshua and Johnson is a perfectly good opponent, but he's only the second guy they've got for Joshua above the level of white-collar boxing. When your guy is bowling people over inside 2 rounds every time, he's learning nothing and it's time to move him on a level.

David Haye and Tyson Fury were perfect examples of how to guide obviously talented fighters - no messing around, just a few settling in fights to get the measure, then every fight had a purpose - in Fury's case he was arguably a little too green for McDermott, but that fight taught him far more than knocking over 10 guys inside 5 minutes and he's gone from strength to strength from there.

Fury won't beat Wlad, and we won't know what Joshua's capable of for about four years at this rate.

Oh, and Haye as a heavyweight became a lying egomaniac with an attitude problem and has since turned into the new Naseem Hamed - popping up every 6 months to say he's "back any time soon, no honestly."

Comment

Johnson will be very lucky to reach 6 rounds IMHO irrespective of whether he's been stopped before or not.

Comment

Johnson will be very lucky to reach 6 rounds IMHO irrespective of whether he's been stopped before or not.
                  That's a very bold prediction - he was wobbled a bit vs Fury but survived well, and has the ability to just go into a defensive shell and not bother fighting, so stoppage seems highly unlikely. If Joshua does stop him, all the more reason to move him up a level or two.

Comment

Yes move Joshua up because there aren't many decent heavyweights out there anyway, we already know he can knock out bums and hasbeens so now he needs to fight durable guys who wont fold as soon as they get hit

Wibble

Comment

It's highly unlikely and we all know what happened to David Price when he fought somebody that can hit back, Johnson is obviously very durable and seeing him the other day he's well up for it.
                      It's going to be very interesting as it always is when the next great heavyweight boxing hope steps up

Wibble

Comment

Did anybody watch DeGales world title fight v Dirrell and what did you think??

Wibble

Comment

Yeah, DeGale looked determined to throw it away after the promising start, but he hung on to clinch an historic victory. He didn't look brilliant, but then nobody ever looks brilliant against Dirrell. DeGale could well be a force in the division, and I hope he tells George Groves to stuff the rematch.

Comment

Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
                            Yeah, DeGale looked determined to throw it away after the promising start, but he hung on to clinch an historic victory. He didn't look brilliant, but then nobody ever looks brilliant against Dirrell. DeGale could well be a force in the division, and I hope he tells George Groves to stuff the rematch.
                            Have to agree he didn't put in an astonishing shift. Looking forward to a curry and the fight Saturday now.

Comment

He looked in total control then decided to do nothing from rounds 7-11, was very frustrating to watch and annoying as well.
                              Not sure if I'll be watching his next fight tbh

Wibble

Comment

Well big AJ fighting Kevin Johnston on Saturday - test??

Comment

Working...
                                X