Betfred World Championship 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post

What a disaster! Should never have gone ahead. I don’t buy this ‘better no crowd than no WC at all’ attitude. April came and went months ago. We’ve gone this long without it and survived. Would another 8 month wait until next April have been that bad??
    I’m enjoying it. Not bothered about the crowd. Not bothered about the commentators either tbh. Happy to watch the players. Couldn’t have waited till next April.

Comment

• Originally Posted by the_unrepentant View Post
      Dave Farrah is a terrible snooker commentator. Imagine him and Phil Yates together?!
      Yeah, he's trying to hard to commentate, it's not a natural conversation with Parrot.

Or Dominic Dale, his voice drives me up the wall.
      Practice, Learn, Improve, Enjoy, Practice, Learn, Improve, Enjoy :snooker:

Comment

• The standard has been aweful so far in the tournament. That's what you get when you have the biggest tournament of the year with all players, not just short of match practice, but with no match practice

Comment

• Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
          Couldn’t have waited till next April.
          But I bet you said that back in April of this year when you knew it had been put back to August.
          "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
            I’m enjoying it. Not bothered about the crowd. Not bothered about the commentators either tbh. Happy to watch the players. Couldn’t have waited till next April.
            Spot on Nifty ...it’s all about the :snooker::snooker::snooker::snooker::snooker::snoo ker:
            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Ding has had some bad luck, King fluking the pink in the last frame and screwing into the middle pocket in the last

Comment

• Glad Ding went through, he will be all the better for it

Comment

• how did ding get to clear up , did he make a good pot or did king make a safety mistake , i just missed it

Comment

• Ding gets past the victory line with the skin of his teeth!
                    Last edited by fkhan; 1 August 2020, 05:58 PM.

Comment

• I'm sure Mark King is a nice bloke but he's a very difficult snooker player to watch, out of position every three shots, messes up the colours with his safety, glad he's out. Is it true what Steve Davis said that they're spraying the cue ball with some sort of antiseptic because the players have to handle it.
                      It's bound to cause more kicks, why not tell all players they have to use a cue glove on their bridge hand and only handle the cue ball with that, plus hand sanitiser and new glove every time they leave and re-enter the arena, they can even shake hands.
                      Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                      but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• Is that Hugh Dennis in the commentary box? It would be nice to be able to mute commentary but keep the sound of the match.
                        www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

• Originally Posted by peterpackage View Post
                          The standard has been aweful so far in the tournament. That's what you get when you have the biggest tournament of the year with all players, not just short of match practice, but with no match practice
                          Hopefully Ronnie & Robertson will liven things up a little more!!

Comment

• Originally Posted by MrRottweiler View Post
                            Is that Hugh Dennis in the commentary box? It would be nice to be able to mute commentary but keep the sound of the match.
                            Sounds like Rob Walker. They really are short-staffed this week.

Comment

• Would McManus be commentating? Would be great to have him in the commentary box.

Comment

• Mark williams just said he’s never going to retire and will play until he falls off tour .

Oh my god the surprise , where else is a middle aged balding welshman who’se done nothing else for the last 30 years earn + 100k a year with relative ease , bollox to covid 19 hold that front page !!

Comment

Working...
                                X