No announcement yet.

Cazoo Masters 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was a great match for sure last night ,and at least there are still characters in the game ,it was strange to watch because the crowd seemed to come alive right from the start .When Ronnie is gone ,Williams , and Higgins and we’re stuck with the current crop of robotic dullards then the game will be gone over here . At least we have Trump to carry the flag ,and Lisowski if he ever sorts his head out , we need a few more of them .

Comment

• Originally Posted by MrRottweiler View Post

But even if it was no reason for the ref to speak during the break because the player at the table doesn't care about the scoreboard and hadn't raised an issue with the scoreboard. Nothing against Desi but that was an odd moment.
      appears to have been John asking Dessie about sound from the audience or commentators - I think
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

appears to have been John asking Dessie about sound from the audience or commentators - I think
        Ah I see, cheers I got the impression John didn't know what was going on but it didn't affect his break. What a session that was last night it was like a final.
        www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

Ah I see, cheers I got the impression John didn't know what was going on but it didn't affect his break. What a session that was last night it was like a final.
          fantastic match, just watched various bits again

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

I noticed there was a loud muffled commentary sound through the match. I noticed others in the crowd were looking around to see where it was coming from . I couldn’t work out if it was coming from somebody’s ear piece or from the commentary box itself. We sat only four rows from the front and I did wonder if the players could hear it as it was clearly audible .
            On a separate note, I didn’t wear my earpiece in the evening and it was much better as the silence between shots really ramped up the atmosphere .
            Last edited by Starsky; 14 January 2022, 10:17 AM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Starsky View Post

I noticed there was a loud muffled commentary sound through the match. I noticed others in the crowd were looking around to see where it was coming from . I couldn’t work out if it was coming from somebody’s ear piece or from the commentary box itself. We sat only four rows from the front and I did wonder if the players could hear it as it was clearly audible .
              yep I have been in the audience and sometimes you can hear the murmur of earpieces, usually when the commentators get a bit excited or making jokes.

And I will say this again - when the referee asks for earpieces to be turned down the commentators MUST START talking so the audience has a reference to turn down to, usually they go silent and the earpieces go down and then back up again once they start talking again
              (stepping down off my soapbox )

Comment

Welcome and hope you have a good time on Sunday. I don't know the area but there might be somewhere close by that's got screens so you can scout the area in the afternoon but if Ronnie gets to the final every bar will probably be rammed so if you're in a hotel or live nearby I would get some supplies in and watch it from there. Depends if you're looking for a lively place but I don't like busy pubs where you have to queue at the bar for 20 minutes. If you're looking for a night out for the evening session ask around when you're there in the afternoon 👍
                Thanks very much!

Shame Ronnie won't be in the final but hopefully plenty of fans around the area anyway. Sounds like we might be best off just following the crowd after the afternoon session...

Comment

• Did they remove the guy who shouted out on Kyren's break off shot?

-
                  Last edited by PatBlock; 14 January 2022, 03:50 PM.
                  The fast and the furious,
                  The slow and labourious,
                  All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Just caught up on the Higgins/Williams match (I was falling asleep and had to record the last couple of frames). I’m all for an atmosphere, but am I alone in thinking it was a little bit OTT... a little bit silly... forced, even? That sustained applause with everyone standing when the ref racked for the decider had me cringing.
                    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                      Just caught up on the Higgins/Williams match (I was falling asleep and had to record the last couple of frames). I’m all for an atmosphere, but am I alone in thinking it was a little bit OTT... a little bit silly... forced, even? That sustained applause with everyone standing when the ref racked for the decider had me cringing.
                      Yeah, at the risk of sounding curmudgeonly, it was a bit OTT wasn't it. And Rob Walker's constant questions about and references to it, quite cringeworthy for me. I like your idea of taking it to Germany, we could have an exchange, with the German Masters over here.

-
                      The fast and the furious,
                      The slow and labourious,
                      All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• So... we already had one "Come on, The Hawk!" (and one "Come on, Selby!"). Still undecided which one I like more.
                        "That pocket moved!"

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post

Yeah, at the risk of sounding curmudgeonly, it was a bit OTT wasn't it. And Rob Walker's constant questions about and references to it, quite cringeworthy for me.
                          -
                          I don’t think it’ll be long before it starts to grate on the players. Yan and SD in commentary already seem to sense it.
                          "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by neuronic View Post
                            In my club we use a sharpie for the baulk line and the D... black is not as nice looking as the white stuff, but slow balls don't roll off and it's lasting longer.

Apart from that, I'm loving tonight's match... might be my favourite match-up, all-time.
                            Same in ours, but after a new cloth gets stretched we have two D's, two baulk lines and twelve spots
                            Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                            but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• Selby is completely useless tonight. I bet Hawkins will take forever to win that last frame though, like always.

Comment

• Could be all lefties in the semis. Not unusual tho. Pretty sure it’s happened before.

Comment

Working...
                                X