No announcement yet.

Champion of Champions Snooker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There should be a rule where ones 3 snookers are required the frame is over. Stops boring people. Looks like ronnies final tonight now selby is out. Bingham never beats ROS!
    2013/2014 Season Event Predictor Winner!

Comment

• Originally Posted by streamer45 View Post
      Right because an amatuer has more chance of getting snookers than Selby.
      Haters are gonna hate , end of story.

Back to the topic, well played Bingham, poor performance by Selby.
      Not at all, amatuers are more likely to miss getting out of a simple snooker, also the pressure of winning may make them play a stupid shot. This is nothing to do with hate but respect, something Selby has a lack of.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Valiullin View Post
        ... and eventually lose
        You win some, you lose some. If you concede you can only lose. :wink:

I just can't criticize someone for refusing to give up, so I can't see us ever agreeing on this. :smile:

Comment

• Originally Posted by cueman View Post
          Not at all, amatuers are more likely to miss getting out of a simple snooker, also the pressure of winning may make them play a stupid shot. This is nothing to do with hate but respect, something Selby has a lack of.
          You don't even know the man how can you talk about respect, why can't people who don't like him just ignore him at all?
          Can't we just enjoy this great sport for once?

Comment

• Originally Posted by dieselman147 View Post
            Looks like ronnies final tonight now selby is out. Bingham never beats ROS!
            Nah, Robertson can beat Bingham
            My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
            I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

• I seem to remember Selby winning a frame against Stephen Hendry at the WC when needing 4 or 5 snookers a few years ago and in last season's China Open he needed 4 in the last frame against Robertson and got them. Even though he went on to lose that frame it shows it can be done so can't blame him for carrying on.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                Selby. He is usually very strong towards the end of best-of-11s, with a bunch of 6-5 wins I can remember. He also has that win against Bingham from 5-1 down at the Masters, so that's bound to put Bingham under additional pressure here. :wink:
                another great prediction

Comment

• Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                  This is why people will never take to Selby. Playing on requiring 5 snookers is just purely unacceptable in my eyes.
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygXF25BF67c

what a terrible loser - and a horribly sore one at that

Comment

You win some, you lose some. If you concede you can only lose. :wink:

I just can't criticize someone for refusing to give up, so I can't see us ever agreeing on this. :smile:
                    Cueman summed up my thoughts better than I would, I don't blame players who play on in the snookers-required stage, as long as they've got a decent chance of stealing the frame in the end. Winning a frame coming from six snookers behind is unlikely if not completely unrealistic, have you ever seen that happen in a professional game?

Comment

• How long until the next match starts?

It's 4.16am here.

My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Valiullin View Post
                        Winning a frame coming from six snookers behind is unlikely if not completely unrealistic, have you ever seen that happen in a professional game?
                        I think four snookers is the most I have seen so far. The most I have seen a player attempting to get was seven, Shaun Murphy against Adrian Gunnell in the 2008 Grand Prix, where you could say that he refused to accept defeat kind of like Selby did today.

I think Mike Hallett needed five or six against John Parrott in the Masters in 1988 before Parrott carelessly fouled when clearing up. Hallett then went on to get the other snookers he required and won the match. Lost 9-0 in the final the next day though. :smile:

Originally Posted by arbitrage View Post
                        another great prediction
                        Didn't see you making one. :wink:

Comment

• Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
                          How long until the next match starts?

It's 4.16am here.

TV coverage starts at 6.45pm UK time so a little over an hour's time ... match will start 15 mins later I guess ...

[edit] or to put it more simply, I think it starts at 6am your time ...

Comment

• So at stake is the final and £30k. You are exceptionally good at tactical game, strong mentally, you know how unpredictable is snooker and you just know you are not beaten until there are balls on the table and you say well done without even trying?

Comment

I think four snookers is the most I have seen so far. The most I have seen a player attempting to get was seven, Shaun Murphy against Adrian Gunnell in the 2008 Grand Prix, where you could say that he refused to accept defeat kind of like Selby did today.

I think Mike Hallett needed five or six against John Parrott in the Masters in 1988 before Parrott carelessly fouled when clearing up. Hallett then went on to get the other snookers he required and won the match. Lost 9-0 in the final the next day though. :smile:

Didn't see you making one. :wink:
                              my prediction was that selby would be a massive timewaster and try to win using toxic tactics - and this prediction is always 100% accurate - regardless of which match he plays in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gw0gHlUDaU

Comment

• Originally Posted by DandyA View Post
                                TV coverage starts at 6.45pm UK time so a little over an hour's time ... match will start 15 mins later I guess ...

[edit] or to put it more simply, I think it starts at 6am your time ...
                                Alright, I'd better get another beer.

Comment

Working...
                                X