Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by brusque View Post
    what a dumb player Trump is .... infuriating to watch his shot selections
    I find it hilarious when amateurs criticize accomplished professionals, hes a 100 times the player you are so show some F**king respect. Unbelievable.

Comment

Originally Posted by OmaMiesta View Post
      I find it hilarious when amateurs criticize accomplished professionals, hes a 100 times the player you are so show some F**king respect. Unbelievable.
      He being 1000 times better player than me does not change the fact that he has major weaknesses and unfortunately he is not smart enough to spot n rectify them.

Comment

He being 1000 times better player than me does not change the fact that he has major weaknesses and unfortunately he is not smart enough to spot n rectify them.
        Yet he was smart enough to overcome Ronnie O Sullivan last final, make it to the final in the Champions, Uk, and again almost beat Ronnie. Don't underestimate him, he's going to be the best player in the world when Ronnie retires.

Comment

An enjoyable day of snooker today. I managed to watch the Ding-Williams match without seeing any spoilers about the other table, and it was a pretty high-quality match. Nice to see Ding winning again, his long game was excellent today, and he played most shots at slow or medium pace, quite different to the way Trump plays them. The centuries are still not flying in, but Ding is still pretty solid and should be hard to beat.

The Higgins-Trump match wasn't that great really, but it did have an excellent conclusion. Trump showed his fighting qualities again, coming back from behind like so many times recently, but it was the kind of Higgins we used to know in that decider. It wasn't a clearance, but to win the frame in two visits from that position was still tremendous, and that 38 break was one of the best this season.

It should be a good game between Ding and Higgins tomorrow. They have both impressed me this week, but I have a feeling Ding is slightly stronger, so I will go for him to win, like he did when they played in the last16 here last year.

Hawkins has been making some good breaks this week, so I think his experience should see him through against Wilson, but knowing Hawkins, it will probably go close to 5-4.

Kurt Maflin is appearing in his first-ever major quarter-final, so he has already had a great week, win or lose, and it's probably going to be tough to extend his run against Murphy. Having said that, Murphy certainly gave McGill enough chances the other day, so Maflin might get his chance as well.

As for Selby-Milkins, a pretty tough one to call. I fancied Milkins to get through the early rounds here, because his draw was so easy, but he struggled a little, then he beats a tough opponent such as White so easily... Selby will start as favourite, but he doesn't seem to be playing well enough to have it easy here.

Should be a good day of snooker, particularly the afternoon. :smile:

Comment

and still lose to a guy who finds it tough to beat semi professionals these days
            Listen every dog has his day and fair play to the guy who beat him - but Judd is a fantastic player and a top guy who does get stick unfairly I think but how anyone can knock his game is beyond me given his ranking and the things he has won - Fair play to others on here who recognise this.

I like the way he attacks the game - sometimes it don't work out but he entertains and anyone who loves snooker and knows the game can respect both the attacking style and the safety side of things in the same way.

I wish I was half the player he is don't you?

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
              Listen every dog has his day and fair play to the guy who beat him - but Judd is a fantastic player and a top guy who does get stick unfairly I think but how anyone can knock his game is beyond me given his ranking and the things he has won - Fair play to others on here who recognise this.

I like the way he attacks the game - sometimes it don't work out but he entertains and anyone who loves snooker and knows the game can respect both the attacking style and the safety side of things in the same way.

I wish I was half the player he is don't you?
              Exactly, Judd brings so much to the game and you have to respect that. He entertains even when it cost him sometimes but look at how much his game has improved all around. Easily his best season, his safety is top class and we already know his potting/cue power is second to none. Brusque seems to be judging him simply by one questionable match against Higgins, someone whom Judd has a very bad record against and that can often times effect a players mentality.

Comment

Trump has improved in so many ways and he will
                become an even better player and will win many more
                tournaments. Even the best players lose as its
                part of the game. I also like his attacking style
                as it reminds me of Stephen Hendry. Murphy has
                also gone back to that style of play and it is
                producing good results for him.
                Ding looked calm and more confident and his
                play looked smooth so if he remains playing
                like this he will be tough to beat.

Comment

and still lose to a guy who finds it tough to beat semi professionals these days
                  For a married man with family who have won everything there is ever to win and achieved everything anyone could ever wished for, I'd be surprised that he even practices half as much as any of the upcoming young players on the circuit, you only get back as much as you practice I wouldn't be surprised he's struggling and losing in a world ranking tournament, as the commentator also mentioned, Judd brought out the best of Higgins, that 38 break was as close as the clearance he did against O'Sullivan in the Masters, the amount of knowledge and experience this guy's got, is more than you will ever learn even if you lived twice, that match clearly shows Higgins still got it, but whether he can be inspired or motivated to bring it to the table, is another question, I don't think there's even 5 players ever on the circuit that would have the bottle, knowledge, experience and touch to complete what Higgins just did there, if you can't even see that, I don't understand how you can even try to criticise a legend 100 times better than you as your criticising and negativity just makes you look silly...

Comment

I got Selby on live. First match I've seen properly all week.

I taped Higgins and Trump last night, but was told the score in advance. So only ended up watching half of it.

Comment

Good play from Milkins.

Comment

Does anyone think that this tournament might have the highest percentage of final frame finishes of recent time? These two games looking like ending up 5-4.

Comment

Selby fought hard there, well played.

Comment

Theres the difference .... Selby could not pot a ball all day long ... and three rather difficult long reds in the final frame ... true champion!

Comment

Maflin beats Murphy, what a great result for him
                              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Great result for Kurt Maflin .

Must be the new waistcoat

He is now playing out of and sponsored by Frames Academy .

Same as Marco Fu ......1st time he wore the sponsored waistcoat , he made a 147 at The Masters :snooker:
                                Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Working...
                                X