No announcement yet.

China Open 2015, Mar 30 - Apr 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just thought I'd point out Gary Wislon beat Hawkins in the last eight and plays Ding in the semi final if you's didn't know
    It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

• Gary did very well...indeed! Still would love to see a Selby - Ding Final on sunday

Comment

• Originally Posted by ghost121 View Post
        Those are my two favourite players so it would be good if they both made it through. Higgins was unlucky at the end although I was amazed when he put Ding back in with ball in hand and the red out in the open for a possible telling safety. I know he couldn't anticipate the fluke, but I would rather be in control than pass it over. As we all know, 'stuff' happens...
        Indeed...and a lot of stuff was happening in the latter part of that decider Weird game sometimes!

Comment

• Some great close matches and its nice to
          see Ding finally showing some of his old
          form. He will have to play well to beat
          Wilson who is playing well and will have
          less pressure as the underdog.
          Maflin is someone who also is doing well
          and I havent seen him play much. Hard
          to pick a winner here as Selby doesnt
          seem to be sharp.

Comment

• Selby the weak link of the four in the semis on present form, but like Higgins, he can win with his B game. Would like to see Ding win it. The pressure on him from home crowd expectations must be immense.

Comment

• Originally Posted by daffie View Post
              Gary did very well...indeed! Still would love to see a Selby - Ding Final on sunday
              Well i hope you don't get your wish then!!
              It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

• Where can i watch the china open in the uk

Comment

• British Eurosport

hahasport.com
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• First time chance to watch the play live this week, and I must say, it is brilliant stuff so far. Hope it continues same pattern after MSI.

Comment

• Maflin could have led 4-0 really, but he missed sitters in the first two frames to let Selby in. It was almost as if he was scared of winning, and I thought Selby would see that and push on, but Maflin made a couple of good breaks there. I think it will get harder again though, now that the scores are level.

Comment

• Very high quality match so far.

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                          British Eurosport

hahasport.com
                          that site got blocked by malware bytes

Comment

• Amazing to see Maflin .... firstly should not have broken down at 47, then if he had run out of position he could always have played a safety instead of giving a sitter to Selby and then he could have gotten out of the snooker easily instead of retarded hit n hopes .... no wonder he is where he is otherwise he has the potting talent to match a top 16 player

Comment

• That last snooker is a good example why Selby is world number 1 and a world champion and why Maflin isn't.

As soon as he got the risky red instead of mindlessly trying a low % shot he played the snooker,put all the pressure on Maflin and basically won the match right then and there.

Comment

• Quite an enjoyable match, very fast and fluent. To get nine frames with all the intervals in around three hours is very impressive. Good standard of breakbuilding as well, although one of the centuries had an outrageous fluke in the middle of it and some breaks were only made in the second or third scoring visit of the frame, so it perhaps looks a little better than it was.

Selby looks good and should be tough to beat in the final, even against an in-form Ding. Congratulations to Maflin as well for the best result of his career so far, he certainly played his part today.

Comment

Working...
                                X