• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark "Houdini" Selby
    "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

• Alright Mark!!! Feel bad for Kurt...such a chance he had sending the current WC home on the first day.

What a wonderful start to the tournament...more of this please

Comment

• Fantastic match and Kurt was really good when down 8-4.

Congrats to Mark for the tough win and what a match to open the tournament, massive kudos to both players.
        If it is called " Common sense " why is it so rare???

Comment

• Dramatic finish, terrific start of this championship!

Comment

• I'm willing to say that Selby has more bottle than any other snooker player in history. Guy is just pure grit and determination.

Comment

• Originally Posted by P.Smith View Post
              I'm willing to say that Selby has more bottle than any other snooker player in history. Guy is just pure grit and determination.
              You won't get an ounce of argument from me there...Selby is among the best, if not *the* very best ever in that department. Still my top favorite player to watch...mostly due to this.

Comment

• What a fantastic start into the tournament.

Happy that Selby got through, though it's of course a pity for Maflin.

Comment

• Has Selby just won the whole thing ?
                  Going by his celebrations i thought he must have !!

Comment

• Originally Posted by brusque View Post
                    Come on Mark ... I won't b able to stand this tournament with u going out ... lets do it now!!!
                    Originally Posted by brusque View Post
                    thank u Selby
                    These were my thoughts as well...Selby is sooooo much better than this,i would have been so disappointed if he ended the season like this.On to the next round!

Let's not forget that last year he had a similar hiccup in the first round against Michael White,from 9-5 to 9-9 i think it was and then he won the last frame.
                    Last edited by Kargetina; 19 April 2015, 01:43 AM.

Comment

• Kurt played very well but it also has to be said that he was extremely lucky with the run of the ball .. all said n done ... he had the chance in the decider but he was foudn to be lacking lacking bottle ... Selby showed again what a champion he is

Comment

• How did Maflin manage to lose that match? So much luck and Mark playing awful
                        It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                          Has Selby just won the whole thing ?
                          Going by his celebrations i thought he must have !!
                          Keep watching old man ... he might as well ... his C game is enough to beat decent players like Maflin ... he pots them when they matter unlike Trump

Comment

• Originally Posted by frak View Post
                            when did anyone leave the arena illegally or are you using crap similies and metaphors
                            they are both there and playing
                            LOL I'm afraid I'm not responsible for the quality of TSF smilies, but yes I was indulging in a little metaphorical humour. Sorry it wasn't to your taste. :smile:

Well done to Mark Yet another testament to his true grit.

-
                            The fast and the furious,
                            The slow and labourious,
                            All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Honestly I didn't think Mark was playing badly so much as getting very unlucky. I was really impressed when Maflin fluked those many snookers and Mark held his composure and to get out. Great temperament on his part but he definitely should not have let it get that close.

Comment

• Lovely stuff, a midnight finish on the very first day. Hopefully we get many more. :smile:

The usual decider win for Selby then, but it has to be said he was extremely lucky to survive tonight. Maflin had golden chances in both of the last two frames but failed to take them. Hopefully Selby comes back stronger in the 2nd round. The draw might even open up for him a little, with Maguire in trouble against McGill. :smile:

Comment

Working...
                                X