2015 Betfred World Snooker Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by RocketRoy1983 View Post
    I love Ding but best cue action? Really???
    Yes. Really.

What's wrong with it? No one stays stiller on the shot, and certainly no one cues straighter. When the camera is looking down his cue from the tip end it's like looking down a piston. No lateral movement at all.
    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
      Yes. Really.

What's wrong with it? No one stays stiller on the shot, and certainly no one cues straighter. When the camera is looking down his cue from the tip end it's like looking down a piston. No lateral movement at all.
      Ding moves about on the shot for me and as mentioned above his action is very jabby. Murphys cue action is the best in the business by some way for me.
      Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
      Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

• I think technically murphy doesn't use much chest contact as the cue seems to move up and down when feathering, wheras trump and Robertson are more 2 feathers in a straight line then bang.....

Comment

• Originally Posted by RocketRoy1983 View Post
          Ding moves about on the shot for me [...]
          I honestly don't know where you get that idea from. Ding is one of the stillest players when on the shot.

Murphy's is very good, but not the best as far as I'm concerned, and not as good as Ding's.
          "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Hi all, could someone answer a question for me, it's puzzled me for years.

BBC 2 - show highlights from the 1st round to the semi finals of the world championships at like 12am - 3 am.
            I rely on these as i'm usually working afternoon / evening so don't get to see much of the live matches.

But when it's the final - they don't play any highlights of it ? so I follow the whole competition and then only get to see a little bit of the final,
            Does anyone know why BBC 2 don't put highlights the final on ?

Comment

• Originally Posted by dj-online View Post
              Hi all, could someone answer a question for me, it's puzzled me for years.

BBC 2 - show highlights from the 1st round to the semi finals of the world championships at like 12am - 3 am.
              I rely on these as i'm usually working afternoon / evening so don't get to see much of the live matches.

But when it's the final - they don't play any highlights of it ? so I follow the whole competition and then only get to see a little bit of the final,
              Does anyone know why BBC 2 don't put highlights the final on ?

Mmm, good question. My thoughts are that because they devote so much live time to the final, they have nothing to replay at night (because by their logic, they've shown all the day's play and wrongly assume everyone's seen it). Up until the final, they might show an hour of evening snooker before switching to red button only, so they make up for this by showing lengthy highlights last thing at night.

As you so rightly say, though, that's no consolation for those people who rely on the highlights show.

I think in essence, what I'm trying to say is that they show highlights because they were unable to cover it live, rather than show highlights for the benefit of those who might have missed it.

It's a case of, "Here's all the play from the evening sessions we were unable to cover." Rather than, "Here's all the play from the evening sessions for anyone who missed it."
              Last edited by Billy; 4 May 2015, 12:30 AM.

Comment

• i find comments on this forum throughout the match very comical, as soon as one player goes 2-3 frames ahead they start writing the other player off, saying he's crap, can't cope , lost it, its one sided ...etc, etc.

has anyone actually watched snooker before, this is the World Championships a marathon not a sprint. players can comeback from being 6, 7 or 8 behind. each session is different and players will have good and bad sessions. i wouldn't write anyone off until the final few frames.

everyone enjoy the final , whoever wins deserves it.

Comment

• Thanks for the reply, I didn't know if there was a reason for it or something, as when the world cup football is on they put highlights of the final on even when it's shown on both BBC 1 and ITV 1, i'd try recording it but it's way too long. guess i'll have to try getting it from the bbc online site on mobile to see if that works

Comment

• Also, don't forget the iplayer. Ultimately it is up on YouTube straight away too.
                    Steve Davis Technical Articles = https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...ilebasic?pli=1

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                      I honestly don't know where you get that idea from. Ding is one of the stillest players when on the shot.

Murphy's is very good, but not the best as far as I'm concerned, and not as good as Ding's.
                      Putting to one side your dislike for Murphy your comments on here are always balanced and fair but I can't agree about their cue actions. I have never spoken to anyone who hasn't agreed Murphys action is the best in the game so there's a first for everything!
                      Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
                      Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

• Well what's going to happen today then, will it be Mad Murphy The Machine or Bulldog Bingham The Heart - ( sounds like a wrestling bout ) Bingham looked very good last night almost running round the table seems to believe it could be his time, Murphy's also been marching around but looked more vulnerable than he's looked the whole tournament but is still in front, so can he shake Bingham off and are we going to the wire ?

Comment

• I think murphys due a bad session, fingers crossed for bingham

Comment

• If it goes right to the wire I fancy Bingham. He's shown he's got the cojones for it!
                            Oh, and that's a bad miss.

Comment

• Bring it on! Can't wait for the last 2 sessions....

:snooker:

Comment

• This taking the pee out of Steve Davis thing is getting a bit tiresome now. He should just hold six fingers up to Parrot.
                                Oh, and that's a bad miss.

Comment

Working...
                                X